TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark's Fahrenheit

I know that everyone's been posting trip reports about Hershey's newest ride, Fahrenheit. But here's an TPR first- a video! The quality isn't that great- cheap camera, and a newbie at videos. Hope you enjoy it:

[edit: Looks like the "Video" button doesn't work with vimeo.com, so I can't embed the video here.. bummer.]

A quick report on the ride. We rode it right when it opened in the morning, and there was a long line for the ride spilling out into the midway. They opened more switchbacks including the overflow queue and that ate up the line that was out on the midway. We waited about 45 -60 minutes to get on the ride, opting for the last row.

The ride is smooth, had a very quick lift, and there was a gentle "pull-out-of-your-seat" airtime going down the first drop. The element transistions were smooth, and no head banging. There was some floating sensations on the Norwegian Loop, and the bunny hop between the 2 curves had a nice pop of air. We rode it again later on the day, choosing the front row of the 2nd car this time. There was some head banging on the double corkscrews, so I assume there might be more head banging as you move towards the front of the train.

Compared to Storm Runner, Storm Runner's top hat has a more powerful "yank-you-out-of-your-seat" sensation when sitting in the back, where Fahrenheit is more gentler. I felt that Storm Runner was more agressive than Fahrenheit. If you are helping future coaster enthusiasts up the ranks, I would recommend starting off with Fahrenheit before moving onto Storm Runner.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, each chain only has two places (those pusher things) where the train can engage it? Hmm...

That's a weird way of doing it, but I can kinda see how that would be better (and maybe safer) than just a traditional chain lift.

I rode it on the 25th and must say I wasn't that impressed. Storm Runner and Lightning Racer are still my favorites at that park. I only rode it once so maybe it will grow on me when I ride again. The lift hill is def a different experience I must say. However, Hershey is more family oriented and my opinion is the ride could be so much more thrilling, as the drop for me was over as soon as it began. The rest of the ride is pretty good and I was surprised as we were going a lot faster then what it looks like when you are watching it. Overall it def wasn't the best out of the 30 coasters I rode this month so far

I rode it opening day around 8pm and we were not impressed with it either.

It is NOWHERE close to Maverick in terms of excitement or thrills, and IMO, not worth a line more then twenty minutes or so.

It was not a bad ride by any means, but it was quite tame. Excellent ride for Hershey, but ill stick to Wildcat, Lightning Racer, and Great Bear instead