TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock Park - 05/26/08

My family and I drove from Kansas City, MO to Myrtle Beach, SC to do the new Hard Rock Park. We are in Charlotte right now and are planning on driving to Myrtle Beach tomorrow morning. I was just searching their website and it says they are closed Monday May 26th for "fine tuning". I checked their website about a month ago and it said that they would be open from 10 am - 7 pm on Monday May 26th and I called to confirm that time and they said yes, the park will be open so we made hotel arrangements and asked for time off for work. I can understand cutting back park hours but it just makes no sense that they were open this Sat and Sun and they won't be open for Memorial Day. Is it open on Memorial Day and it's just not being advertised now?! Anyone know more?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the park was still in "Technical Rehersal" until June 2. I'm pretty sure that until they are open officially you run the risk of them having to close with short notice.

Same thing goes with any other ride that soft opens. They could take it down at any time to make tweaks or changes.

--Robb

It doesn't seem right to post dates and times on their website stating they would be opened with no disclosure stating that the dates and times could change at any time before grand opening. The average person doesn't know what a soft opening is and just like us we saw on their website a month ago that they would be opened and we planned our trip. I guess we are just hoping for a miracle that maybe someone knows something such as the park still opening tomorrow but just isn't being advertised.

The Park announce two weeks ago that they would be closed last week and this week mon-wed for fine tuning. They updated the calander when it was announced they where closing also. But if you have called in the past few days to ask them if they will be open and they said yes than you might be good to go.

If not then you always have Family Kingdom that will be open for sure.

Talk about a bummer. I guess you can call this, "Wally World Expedition 2008!" Did you already spend some time at Carowinds during this trip? While it is a bit of a drive, Dollywood, SFoG, and Lake Winnie are all possible locations you can go to instead.

It doesn't seem right to post dates and times on their website stating they would be opened with no disclosure stating that the dates and times could change at any time before grand opening. The average person doesn't know what a soft opening is and just like us we saw on their website a month ago that they would be opened and we planned our trip.

I know you're upset because you've drove all that way only to find a closed park, but I gotta be honest, while you DO have a point that the average person doesn't know what a soft opening is, your average theme park or coaster enthusaist DOES.

One word of advice that we ALWAYS give people is before you set off on a big trip make sure you check with parks right before you leave to make sure nothing has changed.

Parks do have the ride to change their schedule and it happens more often than you would think.

I know that Elissa and I purposely put off our trip to Hard Rock until after they opened officially because we didn't want to run the risk of something being closed during the "soft opening." Granted we still run a risk of closed rides even when they are open, but the risk is greatly reduced.

I hope everything does work out for the best though.

--Robb

It seems to me that Hard Rock Park is doing a lot of stuff wrong with this big opening. I've been looking at their website and it's just not fair to keep changing the dates and times.

Especially a major holiday weekend!

I think in general, it's pretty shady for a park to be running radio ads that advertise the park as "open" and have a giant "NOW OPEN" logo as the first thing that pops up on their website when they're still in a tentative soft opening-phase.

I almost got wallyworld'd out of Hard Rock Park this week. We had plans to visit during out roadtrip on Tuesday May 27th for a few months now. I just re-checked the schedule a week ago and found out that they were now closed. Luckily I was able to reverse a part of the trip in order to visit today. A hotel was almost impossible to find because of the big bike weekend that was being held. If it's such a soft opening, they shouldn't advertise it so heavily on all of the billboards on the way in. There is even one that states "Now open daily".

So it's memorial day weekend AND the city is hosting a big event, but the park isn't open? Everyone should go get their Hard Rock Park credits ASAP if that is how they are doing business...

I dont know where the folks came from who are running this park but it seems like they are having 3 "openings" and alot of hush mouth about alot of stuff. For this park to be "7 years in the making" it sure as hell doesnt seem like it!

But I still kinda had fun lol!

I wonder if the park intentionally closed this weekend due to "Black Bike Week." I know that most of the businesses in Myrtle Beach close every Memorial Day weekend due to this event. I would advise that if you are going to Myrtle Beach during this time for anything but bike week, don't go.

Thats hogwash! The park didnt close for ATLANTIC bike week (geesh its NOT black bike week). the park was open for the majority of the event and people generally go home that sunday/monday morning anyway