TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

War of the Worlds

I saw War of the Worlds today and it is so awesome. Film-making and learning special effects is another hobby of mine(after coasters of course ) and movies usually don't freak me out because I know what's going on but this had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

I liked it because it didn't have any "boring stuff". The action picks up real fast just how I like it. And it doesn't stop! It actually got me thinking if this could really happen. Not really. I give it 5/5 stars. I highly reccomend it if you like sci-fi or horror movies. Anyone else seen it?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed War of the Worlds. I was alittle touchy on the ending though. But definitely worth the money. Well done indeed.

I really want to read the book now, infact, I think I might just do that. I haven't started once since I finished Harry Potter.

I'm really excited to see this movie, probably the most excited I've been for a movie in a few years! Now I just have to decide if I will actually go see it, or just wait for the DVD since I hate being social and going outside!

Elissa "doesn't like going to the movies!" Alvey

Eh, I thought the movie was just okay.

The first hour or so was amazing. But it wasn't anything that I hadn't seen before.

The 2nd hour was kind of eh. There was a BIG lull in the movie (I'm not going to say where, but those who have seen it know where it is).

After that it was just too hard to get back into it.

Also, the ending of the movie made the ending of Signs look Awesome.

Overall I give it a 6/10 just for seeing the USH movie stuff that was in it.

I just saw that movie about ten minutes ago and OMG. That movie was awesome! It was really, really creppy though. The part where the people got vaporized was truely a nightmare starter. So was the noise they made. I swear I keep hearing it! I was thinking about getting it on DVD. Now I'm thinking otherwise. But I'll probably still get it. But overall it was a good movie and I can't wait till the DVD.

--Davon "I probably thought it was creppy cos I'm younger" Dorsey

Ok, so I watched it last night...keep in mind this was my most anticipated movie in probably 2 years.

For the most part is was very, very good. I liked the premise, I liked the effects...but I really couldn't stand Tom Cruise and the kids!!!!

Also like Gregg said the 2nd hour just dragged and dragged, I was almost considering fast forwarding!

The other problem was the ending, but that was the same in the original and the book so I guess I can't really complain. I just thought there should have been some like Epic battle where we were all about to die and lose, then they all started to get sick and die.

Overall I did like it, and will watch it again, but with such high expectations I guess I really should have expected to be disappointed.

Elissa "I like Independance Day better" Alvey

I thought this movie was really good. The special effects the first half of the movie really kept me on the edge of my seat!

The 2nd half of the movie i might have fell asleep in some parts except for the fact that the theater was freezing

Some teenage girls that were sitting in front of us were terrified and kept jumping and cringing

This movie is a must see in the theater though. The special effects are really good.

I would watch it, except I vowed not to watch anything where a main role is played by a scientologist. Not to offend anyone here, really. I just seriously disagree with the beleif, but if you want to beleive it; that's your right, it's your birth-right to do whatever teh hell you want.

I probably sound like a brown noser right now but I just wanna say it without sounding like I am pushing it on you.

I liked the movie. I wasnt expecting much, which is probably why i liked it quite a bit. As for the ending, thats how it happend in the original movie and in the book. Oh, and tim robbins plays a creapy dude very well... My favorite scene was the train. CREAPY!!!!! I do like how they used Tri Pods like they have in the book. Overall, good movie.

Rob

I know the ending is the same, that's not what I was getting at In the book and from memory in the original movie, it wasn't such a rush through to the end. In the remake it was sort of action action action then bam their all dead, roll credits. It just seemed sudden with the film pacing. Because of that maybe a bit of artistic licence would have helped. Maybe seeing glimpses of the martians falling ill due to the common cold.

But yes the tripods were very welcome.

I would watch it, except I vowed not to watch anything where a main role is played by a scientologist. Not to offend anyone here, really. I just seriously disagree with the beleif, but if you want to beleive it; that's your right, it's your birth-right to do whatever teh hell you want.

Then you really shouldn't watch any movies at all. Having worked in Hollywood for the past 20 years, I can tell you that just about every major "star" (actor, director, etc) seems to be involved in something fairly messed up!

If I chose the movies, games, music I listened to based on the belief's of the talent creating it, I would never leave my house!!!!

IMO, it has nothing at all to do with what religion the actor is, it's more about how good a movie is.

--Robb "Just giving the reality that pretty much EVERYONE here in tinsel town is equally as screwed up!" Alvey

You are right about that, there are many weird people, and many happen to be famous. For instance....Hunter Thompson.

So I am being quite hypocritical, I must agree with that. Plus, I just saw a movie with a scientologist this morning, due to a lack of anything on.