TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Jykkiland [rct3]

A few days back i saw some TPR pics and vids, and got inspired in playing RCT - and registering here (hi, I'm new). So I bought the game on thursday and here's the beginning of what will some day be my first theme park.

That said I've noticed that some members here have created parks the awesomeness of which is beyond comprehension, so be gentle with me.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to TPR and great job! For having no CS, aka custom scenery, this is great! I can only imagine what you could do with Cs!

I wonder where I can get CS, though? I think there may be some problem with my computer, because when I tried to patch the game, it just woudn't start anymore. A message just kept popping up telling me to insert the CD (which I had done, naturally), and so my RCT3 is the base version. Does CSs run on that?

Thanks for the thumbs-up, too.

Welcome to TPR, JKLer, and enjoy your stay. Here is the main place for custom scenery downloads:

http://www.rct-theme-world.de/rct-liste/complete-list.htm

But beware, there is A LOT (thousands) of custom scenery packs, so if you want to download them all, it will require a few gigabytes and several days of constant downloading. But in the end, you will have a crap load of custom scenery to work with, giving a heck of a lot of potential to make parks for. For your first park this is very good and uses a large amount of scenery items for a beginner. The roller coaster is quite interesting, too. I think it just needs to be a bit more detailed with a good station and it's colors should be changed. Otherwise it's great!

Great job so far!

if you need help i'm sure one of the many members of the site will be willing to help you! (including me)

Keep moving forward and who knows what you will achieve!

i think your doing fine so far but like suggested try your hand at building with CS it can be tedious at times but its well worth the effort!

Good luck and welcome to the forums!

Thanks all for your kind comments and constructive criticisms. It's all very much appriciated.

i think your doing fine so far but like suggested try your hand at building with CS it can be tedious at times but its well worth the effort!

Good luck and welcome to the forums!

Yes indeedy. I started today on some CS fortification thingy, which I hope I can somehow integrate with my spooky-themed area. RCT3 isn't exactly the most user (or sanity) friendly game out there when it comes to custom structures, but fortunately I have some experience of creating maps for Quake, the first-person shooter, with Worldcraft. Of course that was 10 years ago, but even that helps.

Right. Here's what I've got so far: I wasn't happy with the rollercoaster, so I tried several models, and this is what I ended up with (see first pic). Not exactly the most innovative design, but at least roughly in accordance with how I envisioned it.

Secondly and more importantly I now have a spooky area, where, due to public demand, there is also some CS, namely some fortification ruins. I thought it turned out fine, though there are a couple of things about it that are perhaps a bit illogical. I'll see if I can change them in the future.

Anyhow, here are the pics:

General out-look of the park:

The new area:

And some street-level shots:

^

I agree! try your hand a J-Cat's and it will make a huge improvement!

See, now that you've used CS it makes the world of difference!

I'm sticking with this park! It's going to be awesome when it starts to fill out!

TIP: try and use some different game settings because RCT3 tends to lagg bad when theres alot going on in the park!

All depends on graphics cards and what not lol!

Good luck, keep up the fenomenal progress!

lol I tried to add the steelworx files, but it only led to the coaster rail supports dissappearing altogether; the ride was literally floating in the air. I had to reinstall the game to bring the supports back. What do I do with those files in order to make them work?

Right all i can think of is you were using the wrong piece of CS in game or either the Steelworx didn't install correctly..... did you by any chance use a support killer in game??

otherwise try another method of supports, mess around with other sets and see what you come up with.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys. Sorry for the delay, but here are some of the most recent screenshots from my park. I've had my hands full with some school work, so forgive me. I'm btw running low on ideas as to what to do next, so any suggestions are more than welcome.

The changes include the following:

I've improved the spooky precinct a little bit - nothing major, just a couple of new rides really and some scenery. A new soil type, too:

More importantly, I've added a whole new area, themed to the old west. Most of the buildings are "functional": they house something like food stalls of rides. One exception is the largest building - the hotel - which is but an empty shell.

Also, I built a pirate fort midway between the nature area and the western-themed area. The function of this is merely one of border: I felt the two areas needed a smoother transition than there otherwise would be:

And here an over-view of the park as it is:

Pretty nice update!

But I would avoid building a woodie so early. Especially a black one with a loop

Thanks for the comment. Why is woodie a problem, though? Too big for a small park? I'm actually not perfectly happy with it myself, it doesn't fit the scenery as well as I hoped. I may yet change it.

^It's not the size or the scenery, its just... RCT3 wooden coasters.

This is where RCT2 dominates. The wooden supports on that game are so great and realistic, while RCT3's look nothing like real supports, and therefore make the woodies look just plain bad.

Please don't take these comments as offense to your coaster, because they are not, I'm just disappointed how Atari/Frontier didn't put more effort into realism...

Please don't take these comments as offense to your coaster, because they are not, I'm just disappointed how Atari/Frontier didn't put more effort into realism...

Not offended at all. I find it very refreshing that people speak their mind, rather than say something polite. This is exactly what I need to develop the park.