TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountains spring break advertising campain?

Alright I was driving home tonight form work and I am listening to 106.7 KROQ. I then hear

lady: I am here with so and so reviewing the new movie pregnant man. So it was a good movie I give it 4 stars what do you think of it?

guy: I give it Six Flags,

lady: It's a movie out of 5 stars what would you rate it?

guy: I would rate it Six flags.

then somehow it gets to the point wher ethe guy is saying "Here listen to me SCREAM on Tatsu!"

* Six Flags Magic Mountain is now open daily! come visit the coaster capital of the WORLD! with 15 Record breaking rollercoasters and thrills for everyone!

^ Hmm eather cedar point does not exist any more or they are not recognizing they exist anymore...

havent found an audio of it yet online so what do you guys think of it?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It's just marketing speak. They aren't claiming to have the most coasters, they are claiming to be the "Coaster Capital" which has no defining parameters at all.

Although I do wonder about the "15 record breaking coasters." I'm not sure if Canyon Blaster broke any records!

And I know Batman didn't break any records when it opened. Neither did Scream!

Oh, well...it's a commercial!

--Robb

This is a perfect example of GP hearing something like a radio ad for a theme park and repeating it completely different.

I believe after the "male pregnancy" movie introduction, the guy is asked what he thought of the movie and he says, 1 Flag. Using stars to rate movies comes up somewhere too, but that rating system is shunned by the commercial, saying something like "stars are far, Six Flags is close." Eventually leading to the new 6 Flags marketing slogan, coining that at Six Flags, "more Flags, more fun."

The ad also says "13 record breaking coasters," not 15, which is the type of language in advertising that might lead you to believe all the coasters are record breaking, but they're not necessarily saying that. They're referring to some of which that are or were record breaking.

I personally have not been a fan of Six Flags commercials in a couple years now, they always seem to miss the mark, and I can understand how they'd be confusing to people "not in the know" of what's going on in the park.

More flags, more fun? I dunno, sounds like it was made up in minutes, considering the company is trying to face lift their image, I think it could have been done much better.

They're all record breakers, and I can prove it.

Batman: First inverted coaster to be installed at SFMM

Canyon Blaster: First and only Miler kiddie coaster to be installed at SFMM

Scream!: Most incorporation of lush, beautiful scenery and creative theming into any coaster ever built ever

In all seriousness, though, it's just advertising, and there's no point in expecting it to be clever or reputable. At least the company is making an effort to improve its parks as of late, advertising notwithstanding.

Besides, the complaining is better left for certain

That is an odd commercial. In Georgia their ad campaign (not sure if its nationwide) is a screaming asian guy with the motto being more flags more fun (12 flags?). They also have a radio ad with a governor going for president and in the middle of the debate gives the economy one flag. Then he somehow gets on to the topic of season passes and six flags from there.

And I know Batman didn't break any records when it opened. Neither did Scream!

My best guess would be those rides would be "record breakers" in the sense that they upped their count by one. So, if SFMM has the most coasters in California, adding Scream could be considered a record breaker.

Kind of like how Cedar Point called Maverick a record breaker, even though it doesn't have anything new or record breaking on it.

But agreed, it's all marketing hype.

^ It's just marketing speak. They aren't claiming to have the most coasters, they are claiming to be the "Coaster Capital" which has no defining parameters at all.

Just look at Kennywood, it was the "Roller Coaster Capital of the World" through the 70s and 80s, and they only had 5. (At one point, only 4!) Funny how that slogan has been recycled to so many parks. Other than KW, CP, and SF, has any other park used this term? Was Kennywood the 1st?