TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Using CF Maxx Passes at KBF

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yeah, isn't that lovely, no expiration anywhere on the pass. Best of all, the voucher for the 2008 Platinum Pass also has no indication of when it expires, AND specifically says "parking only valid at Dorney Park" when apparently it's supposed to be good chainwide. CF STILL can't get things right.

^^^My CP Maxx pass clearly says it expires at the end of March.

It's funny how even SF can get this right and Cedar Fair can't. Then again, at a park that gets 3,000,000+ people per year (KBF), they are only 2 cameras for AP's and the staff that covers them doubles as the GR staff. Last Friday the guy at the GR window even thought my Maxx pass was a CP employee I.D. So I'm not the least bit suprised their pass system is a mess...

I'm sorry, can I add a Six Flags Season Pass question on top of this?

We have a Great Adventure Annual Pass voucher (bought online during the one day sale). Great Adventure's season opens in April, but we're planning a Texas trip in March when those Six Flags parks open. Are we screwed vis a vis the Season Pass, or can we get the season pass voucher "processed" at a Texas Six Flags park before the Great Adventure season opens?

Thanks,

Martin

We have a Great Adventure Annual Pass voucher (bought online during the one day sale). Great Adventure's season opens in April, but we're planning a Texas trip in March when those Six Flags parks open. Are we screwed vis a vis the Season Pass, or can we get the season pass voucher "processed" at a Texas Six Flags park before the Great Adventure season opens?

Thanks,

Martin

Sorry, you need to process it at SFGAdv before using it at any other park. You can't process it at any other park other than the park that it says on your voucher.

The Great Adventure processing center might be open in March. Call the park and find out.

The Great Adventure site says the park opens in April and on GADV.com, they said it's April 5th. I was kind of hoping for a March opening as well since I figured it wouldn't take that long to wait in line to process it in March.

Yep. if most (if not all) CF parks, you have to visit Guest Relations; It's extremely quick; you usually have your pass checked and you sign a guest log. Using CF passes is godly at parks like CP, because you get to skip the usually huge entry line and jump straight in the park from the side.

Jumping in late here on this one. I had a Max pass from Carowinds last year and used it all over the place on the East Coast. And then I went to KBF in October. It was without a doubt the most ridiculous customer service experience I had ever witnessed. (and this was after being at SFMM the day before)

Because it was a Saturday in October they were also selling Haunt tickets at the same CS window. I was in line to get my pass for 70 minutes! They seem to put the dopiest people they have at the CS window. Probably to make them experts at giving a blank look to every question. One of the people in front of me bought $300 in haunt tickets and payed cash. The girl behind the window counted the money 7 times! It was a thing to behold! she didn't just count it. She spread it out on the counter in this elaborate fan pattern every time. Then she would mark every bill one by one with one of those "magic" pens. Everyone in line was just busting up as she counted and counted and counted.

In the meantime at the other window there was this lady with her kids arguing over some coupon that she had already been made to go home for. She was basically arguing over less than 10 bucks but the idiot behind the window wouldn't budge. The lady refused to leave the window after having driven 1 hour to the park twice already. 30 minutes later the manager took over and continued to argue with the customer. At some point you would think they would look at the line stretching back to the road and decide to write off the 10 dollars in the name of customer service but that would make too much sense.

Sorry about the long post but it brought back such memories that I couldn't resist.

^ I witnessed someone process their SFOG voucher at SFMM last year before West Coast Bash.

--Robb

My wife actually got a SF guest relations person in NYC on the phone today and explained our situation, after which he emailed her a pdf letter on Six Flags letterhead that allows us to activate our Six Flags season pass at a park (one of the two Texas Six Flags) other than our home park (Great Adventure). He said it was unusual for someone to visit a park other than their home park on the first visit of the season but understood the 1 month NJ opening day lag behind Texas and was extremely accomodating and friendly about it.

Cool.

Kalahari Sandusky in 8 Days!

-Martin

^Good to hear they could help you out. SFFT is a fun little park and will be quite empty the time you are traveling to Texas.

My 1st visit to a SF park each of the past 3 years was not to SFGAdv, where I ordered the pass. Luckily I was able to obtain my physical pass before my trip started each year.