TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

Do the rides run everyday year round? I looked at their site and only found a calender of events?

Reason is I have a trip planned in late Oct and I fly into Houston on a Thursday!

Craig

Yes, this has been answered 4 times before !

Sorry but I wasn't about to try to read 95 pages!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However...operating schedule for the coaster in the off-season has NOT been decided by any means. While all the other rides are usually open every day, this does not mean the coaster will be. The coaster, I believe, will be the most expensive ride to operate and I highly doubt they will be running it for a handfull of people during the week in the fall and winter months. I could be wrong....but I wouldn't plan a weekday trip just yet and expect it to be open. I would expect it to be at least open on the weekends though.

Do the rides run everyday year round? I looked at their site and only found a calender of events?

Reason is I have a trip planned in late Oct and I fly into Houston on a Thursday!

Craig

Yes, this has been answered 4 times before !

Sorry but I wasn't about to try to read 95 pages!

:) Just teasing you! It's practically dead before 12 when most rides open. Great ride and re ride times!

but I wouldn't plan a weekday trip just yet and expect it to be open. I would expect it to be at least open on the weekends though.

Yes I agree, I'm willing to bet it will be open at night/evenings, at least on Wed/Thursday when it picks up a bit, but I don't think Kemah even has any idea yet.

-GG

but I wouldn't plan a weekday trip just yet and expect it to be open. I would expect it to be at least open on the weekends though.

Yes I agree, I'm willing to bet it will be open at night/evenings, at least on Wed/Thursday when it picks up a bit, but I don't think Kemah even has any idea yet.

-GG

Yeah...last I heard they have no idea how the ride will be operating during "slow times". Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I could see evenings being possible during the week in the fall and winter.

While I can understand their concern about cost to operate vs number of riders on slow days, I would imagine that they would lose a lot more in customer satisfaction when folks drive down there and find that they can ride the train or the observation tower, but not the main attraction.

A pissed off customer isn't something that's worth risking by not running the coaster at least SOME part of each day that the amusements are open.

Like I said...they haven't determined exactly how it will run yet. But I doubt it will be open as much as the rides...but that's just me. From what I've seen they generally have a lot smaller staff in the offseason and especially during the week. If they decide not to have it open like all the rest of the rides I'm sure there will be a schedule posted on the web site.

I've been down there on weekday afternoons in the winter before and it is completely dead. Even some of the Sundays I took photos this past winter were dead...not a single person on any of the rides.

I am sure that we all think that we will be down there all the time once it opens, but that will change. I keep telling people that I will be visiting once a week but I probably wont and I dream of coasters at night. Once we all ride it a few times the thrill will be gone. My off days are Sun thru Tues and I would like to go and ride in the daytime when the kids are in school, but I understand them not staffing the ride with operators and standby mechanics just for me. I am sure it will be open at the beginning to see how the crowds will be then after that it will be on a regular schedule.

I am not an expert but reading the forum.... it is the most complex woodie design M&V has built so far. First, it has the most crossovers . Second, it's complex design (only 1 acrea!). Have you seen the photos and detail of this coaster? Specially the part right after the first drop? Most of the tracks are hidden inside the structure itself. Hope this helps.

^ Yeah, I hope everything goes smooth for yall when it opens! I've been following this story for a while and I'm just as excited for this coaster to open as yall are! It just gave me another reason to visit Texas in the near future.