TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: SFMM 11/3

I woke up at 12, not 9 am as I had expected (I was really tired). I left for SFMM at one, and got there at 2 and parked in the red robin parking lot. While walking in, I took these pictures.

Current road work.

Looking down the access road.

Now that I see it again, Im pretty sure this is where the tunnel will go.

MMM, half half...

Other half half...

One last picture of X waling into the park.

By the way, this is what the pavilion looks like...

Once in the park, I went straight to Deja (single rider, because I was a single rider...)

Pumps still out in the distance.

When I got to Deja, I went up the single riders line and there wasn't anyone assigning seats, so I went straight to the back (walk on!)

After Deja, I went up the exit of Riddlers (there wasn't any signs saying single rider), but the op still said I could grab the empty seat in the third row...

I walked past Colossus which had a 20 minute wait, and headed up to Scream!. It looks like they still haven't replaced the old extinguishers around the park.

On the way back to the entrance, I stopped by Flashback. This is new...

It looks like this is the hand out spot again.

I walked up to see if Tatsu was empty enough to ride, the line was at the bottom of the stairs, so I skipped it. Revolution's station was up to the bridge, so I left the park (I'm going again tomorrow [hopefully]). Here is X again.

On the way back, there was something really interesting! You can see the charred hillside from the road.

Here is where I was standing (with 1x zoom)

And directly behind me -

I went up the hillside to where it was blackened.

This looks like the closest spot the fire got to Magic Mountain Parkway...

One last picture before I drove home...

And thats it! Hope you enjoyed it!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to be the "fire expert" that I'm very much not, but the brush wasn't that thick over by Magic Mountain to begin with--just a grass fire, no real built up brush. And the bark on an oak tree is capable of protecting the tree in such weak fires, keeping it alive, hence why they're still standing.

Anyway, nice PTR. Almost more of an update of the random goings of the park.

-Jahan

Are those pictures even of the 'Magic Fire'? I remember that night, or the day after three fires were set at the same time during the middle of the night. One right behind that Cheveron station. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

-mike

^, The last picture in the PTR that has the car wash in it - that is the Chevron station... In the third to last photo (also in the main PTR), if you were to walk down to the top left of that picture, you would get to the gas station (I didn't go that way, I just walked back to the street).

^^, My PTR's are always updates, and if there is anything that I did with a group, it would be in there... Before I started posting these on TPR, I had regular updates on RCPro that kept everyone up to date with the park... This was my 18'th installment, so all of the secret thing in the park are already known (by people who saw my other PTR's).

Ill be there Friday, so expect a more detailed PTR (I will be there longer - and with friends).