TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dormant Amusements Park (1991 season maps up)

NOTE: This is a no cs park

(Right I started this park back before my Fanfair Amusement. It was meant to be a testing ground for the coaster (now known as Insomnia) but after I had messed around seeing what theming was like without using cs I grew pretty fond of it and so built up a park around it. A no cs park is actually pretty easy to do so I will be continue with this and the other one (may get a update later today) So enjoy this park and just so you know it has nothing to do with the company Fanfair Amusements (yet at least)).

Right Craig Haland here to tell you about our brand new Amusement Park were opening up here in the states. This park known as Dormant Amusements Park has been brought to you by my highly successful engineering company form back in the UK and so is our first foray into the world of Parks. It isnt however the first foray into related stuff as we've worked closely with Arrow providing them with brakes and other important parts form our company. Anyway enough of that first some park history.

First planned by the Endgame Engineering ltd in 1986 this park was put on hold for 2 years until the cash could be raised. Come 1988 though the cash was there and so together with Arrow Dynamics they designed and bought the first coaster. Now a problem with shipping resulted in the coaster ending up in the US and not the UK and on the way to sort this out and get it shipped back to the UK the companies CEO Craig Haland, decided that it wasn't such a bad thing in the end and so moved the park out here instead for the much wider market.

So with that very important decision throwing the park on its heads for a few months as the crews were brought over, the park forged its way on with the coaster construction and finished the now named Insomnia coaster. This was followed by the entrance and car parks as well as the family coaster form Zamperla, Little Rider. These two rides and the entrance and car park meant the foundations of the park were quite happily there and so construction began to fill in the missing parts and get ride numbers up to a satisfactory level.

All things finally came to fruition when the park reached its deadline easily and so is ready for a opening 1990 season pictures of which you can see below.

Park Stats:

Number of rides: 8

Services include: Food stalls and gift shops, Toilets and First Aid as well as on site Ticket offices

Opening season: 1990

Ticket Prices: NA as you have to buy bands to ride the rides atm as were not sure of the success of the park.

Right now thats out of the way onto the pictures. Firstly I would like to introduce our staff and although all of them aren't here (we'll do the rest next time) we'll just introduce the ones that are.

Firstly the engineering crew led by Noel Hankins (the guy in the center). These guys make sure the park is running smoothly.

Next is the boys that make sure the place is looking nice led by Greg Jall (centre again).

Right now the pictures you all really want to see I'll show themas if you were walking through the park.

First off the small car park that was like this on most days of the season so far obviously showing us we need a bigger car park.

Then we see the run up to the park again busy all season so far.

This is the ticket booth plaza with toilets also available for our guests.

Now the inside entrance area of the park. From left to right you can see the First Aid building, Fast Food outlet, Entrance and then the Gift shop. Also present are the old style walk on Carousel and a small Ferris Wheel.

Traveling left the first thing you see is the Teacups ride but also along here is a small sandwich bar and a toilet block and the Enterprise ride.

Then you come to the main attraction the coaster Insomnia. This is the Arrow Looping Corkscrew model coaster designed by both us and Arrow.

Stats:

Made by: Arrow Dynamics

Top speed: (will get missing data for you)

Highest Drop Height: (will get missing data for you)

No of Inversions:4

Loop

Serpent Roll (not entirely sure what the actual name of this is so we made it up)

corkscrew

corkscrew

Trains: 2 6 car trains with 4 seats per car (both same colour atm)

Heres a overview picture for you will get more for next time.

Then traveling back to the centre of the park we go right and the first thing we come across is the family coaster.

Stats:

Made by: Zamperla

Top speed: (will get missing data for you)

Highest drop: (will get missing data for you)

No of inversions: 0

Trains: 2 6 car trains each car sitting 2 people (ladybird design)

Overview of the coaster again:

Now you move onto the park third biggest ride and the biggest flat, a Insanity. I don't quite know why it and the toilet block received a Tropical theme but it helped us name it and doesn't look too bad. So I present Tropical Terror and the chairswing.

Lastly a overview picture and also a night time picture for you all.

So thats all for now but all comments and criticism's are appreciated.

Thanks and hope to see you here soon.

Craig

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Thanks guys and no no cs was used)

Right Craig here to show you some close ups of the rollercoasters in the park. We'll start with Insomnia and completed stats.

Stats:

Name: Insomnia

Made by: Arrow Dynamics

Top speed: 44.58 mph

Highest Drop Height: 64.54 ft

No of Inversions:5

Loop

Rollover

corkscrew

corkscrew

Trains: 2 6 car trains with 4 seats per car (both same colour atm)

Pics showing the lift hills custom support the sea serpent roll and the mcbr.

Little Rider

Stats:

Name: Little Rider

Made by: Zamperla

Top speed: 31.66 mph

Highest drop: 31.46 ft

No of inversions: 0

Trains: 2 6 car trains each car sitting 2 people (ladybird design)

And some shots for it

Right thats all for now.

it looks pretty good for a no-cs park, nice rides and stuff

only comment I have is the variety in buildings is very low, there all blocky (of you know what I mean) and now I know how hard it is to make decent buildings with standard scenery, but a bit more variety in shapes would come in nice keep it up!

Yer KPP it is mean tto be 5 not 6 lol. Also the buildings are a little blocky I see what you mean but most real life amusments parks do really have blocky buildings. I have tried to break things up and as the park is going to be a year by year one then you can expect lots of improvements to come.

I will probaly get a vid for yuou all in a couple of park years when I work out how to do it lol.

Cheers

89James89

I like the park, but just a few suggestions.

-The serpant roll you called it is actually called a rollover(I didn't know if you knew that or not so I thought I'd throw that out there)

-I counted 5 inversions on Insomnia, not 4.

-Both coasters could use a bit more color on the track and the trains can be real boring with the standard red/blue/yellow default settings.

rckazy06: Thanks for the info it does come in handy and I didnt knwo about the inversion count as I wasnt sure whether inversiuons like a cobra roll count as 2 or 1 inversions lol.

The colours will be changed as that was gonna be part of the revamp of the park in year 2 lol.

Oh yeah the next update will be the start of year 2 and all I can say is you will get wet.

Cheers

89James89

^ Thanks though Ive never even heard of that caoster lol.

Right Craig here to let you all in on a small teaser pic of whast to come for year 2:

Hope you like it and we hopefully wont be to long before we have a proper update and some information on how year 1 went.

Cheers

Craig

Right Craig here again to show you whats gone on for year 2.

Firstly were proud to say that year one was a really good year for us. The sales form tickets had soared by our expectations for the whole season half way through. This has allowed us to put more time into bringing new things to the park to keep attracting the numbers.

Firstly though before the new stuff some changes:

> Firstly Insomnia and Little Rider got a new paint jobs as the colours were dubbed as boring (close up shots next update).

> The Ferris Wheel was moved (reason will become clear in a minute).

> Scenery was moved around or removed for changes to taek place.

Now onto the new things:

Added 2 new rides:

1. Soaked! A Intamin Splash Boat ride themed to the Tropics.

2. Atlantis Adventure. A Odesuey boat ride themed to atlantis/Tropics.

2 new buildings:

1. Customer Services for Entracne Area

2. Tropical Tastes for the new Tropical Zone.

As you can see the Tropical themed Tropical Terror was a real success and people loved the themeing so we decided to expand on it.

Also we decided to split the park up into zones but you'll see all this in a sec.

Ok so now all thats out of the way I've got some pics (well park maps) for you all.

Firstly the overview of the park. Not an amazing map but it serves its purpose for the time being:

As you can see colour coding was chosen to make the map very easy to use. Anyway onto the actual sectional maps.

The entrance area first:

Then onto the Thrill Zone wich now houses the moved Ferris Wheel:

The rather small Kiddie Zone:

And finally the new area and reason for the moving of the Ferris Wheel:

Well thats it for now next update will be some close up shots of the new stuff as well as stats for Soaked!. Hope you all enjoy.

Cheers

Craig