TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Skull Kingdom obituary...

Decided to put up a page for Skull Kingdom, including a gallery of photos I took in May 2007.

http://web.mac.com/okwhatev/Kayoss_Travels/Skull_Kingdom.html

The gallery includes the ability to upload your own photos (or video) and I encourage everyone who has any to upload them. Even though I've never been inside, I'll miss the novelty of the building. Be careful! It will eat you!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the privilage to visit Skull Kingdom many years ago. When I first moved to Orlando, I didnt know about the whole "Buy your tickets early to HHN" and it was sold out. Looking for something else, we went to Skull Kingdom. It was...cheesy. You payed about $15 at the time to get in. It was a short, 10 min walk through...guided. Scares were good. It was never worth going back to though.

I will miss the building and all its cheesiness. RIP Skull Kingdom

Skull Kingdom will be remembered because it was home to one of the first Screamin' Swings ever made.

Anyways, I drove by it, I wanted to ride the Screamin' Swing. But it was eerie in the way that there were barely cars in that small parking lot and I never really see anybody walk in and out of that place.

RIP Skull Kingdom, may you join the ranks of other tacky Orlando tourist traps such as Xanadu, Race Rock, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
It was not a restaurant. It was a walk through attraction...

I think it went bust due to lack of money coming in. With Universal just across the street, it suffered. Getting to it was a bitch due to the traffic. They tried quite a few things to keep it going, but nothing worked.

In the last couple days of it's life, it was indeed a restaraunt combined with the walkthrough

I was lucky enough to do Skull Kingdom more than once. The last time, sometime early last year. We even took my son with us on the last visit who was 5 at the time (the scares were tamed down due to him being with us too). I remember getting a BIG kick out of it the first time I did it about 4-5 years ago, but last year...it just felt "plain". Like a hamburger with no cheese or ketchup. You know?

We stayed at Gaylord Palms about a month ago and when we were driving to an outlet plaza (the one at the end of International Drive), I told my family "look to the left for a spooky house"...lo & behold to our surprise, the building was GONE! After my return to Tampa I HAD to get online & see what the heck happened & was saddened to read it closed & all props went up to auction. There's even video of it being knocked down on YouTube if you look for it!

R.I.P. Skull Kingdom.