TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark 2008 - 'Lost meets the Maverick thread'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

111 Huntington Ave. looks like the building with the writing next to it.

In bowling, whenever someone had a score of 111, we drew a carat over it and called it a sh!t house.

Sounds like a coaster themed to poo!

I can't believe I let this thread drag me in

I got it. The picture is taken from the Marriot, which of course is a hotel. Paris Hilton is a hotel hieress, albeit not Marriot. So, the Marriot is a clue that it is going to be a Roller Coaster themed to Paris Hilton. The ride will end with a plunge into a giant tunnel.

No, you'd probably forget all logical thinking.

The layout in the other puzzle is different to the scenes in the movie clip, so my guess is that they mixed in some false statements.

Ok, using google maps, the picture from the hotel window is definately mirrored horizontally and was taken from the building on the east corner of Huntington Avenue and Harcourt Street in Boston (see red pin below). It is the Marriott Boston - Copley Place. It has 39 floors and is 382' tall. That info and $41 will get us valet parking for a day there.

If height is a factor here, we could judge from the Colonnade Residences tower (in the foreground with the blacked-out top floor) that the photo was taken from around 230-250 feet. The Colonnade is 20 stories.

For now that's all I can find from those two blogspot pictures.

208727386_BostonHotel.jpg.ea63d6654a6951aaa0b916e8821443bc.jpg

I'm lost now... Way too in-depth for me, haha. I think I'm gonna wait until Thursday.

Scott, I got that same e-mail too. Holy crap that ride looks awesome!

Homer, I highly doubt Hershey would send the announcement to a select group of people; I don't think they would be able to trust us coaster enthusiasts with sensitive info like that. Nice try, though.

Sigh. Now you guys have me sucked in. I've resisted entering the fray until now, but I can't resist a good mystery.

Hm. The fact that the word "Nantimi" is like a scrambled version of Intamin and the image is also mirrored makes me wonder if there really is some kind of "mirroring" aspect to the ride. (I know this has been discussed, but it's sticking with me for some reason.)

Perfect 10.

Mirror.

Makes me think of vanity or a hot chick or something.

My brain is officially fried.

For those who are still concentrating on the "Perfect 10" phrase....

Remember how Hershey described Stormrunner in all of the Press Releases:

HERSHEYPARK Press Release

HERSHEY, PA (August 5, 2003)– The world’s first hydraulic launch coaster, featuring inversions, will race into HERSHEYPARK for the 2004 season, bringing the Park’s herd of roller coasters to a perfect ten.

I got an interesting email from Nantimi a few minutes ago, but it requested I not post it until next Wednesday. Hmmm.

^^Uhhh, yeah...*squints eyes skeptically*

No, it's true. I actually received a couple emails. There's no puzzle pieces in either, but I'm working on deciphering one right now. It's got a cryptic message with a broken link. If I can figure it out, I'll post it asap.

The author's name was Axel, if that's any help. Not sure what to make of it....maybe something technical involving the train design?

I'm with Larry. I can't believe I've been drawn into this thread.

Hmm, same on the 27th as on the 26th. Question: Is there a pole marking that says 27 and 26 because if there are Im guessing its a repeat of track, maybe signifying the station placement or brake run. That or the people who sent out the message were high and just felt like messing with us!

EDIT: Or maybe its a dueling Intamin coaster. That would be awesome, and that would solve perfect ten, make it a perfect 12!~! The number of god or whatever, 12 apostles. Im not being all religous here, just a suggestion.