TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Great Adventure Photo TR 8/14/07

People:

Myself

Time in Park

9:30am-6pm

I took my first trip out to the park since my accident at work about 3 weeks ago. I was looking forward to riding everything again so I got there early for Rise and Scream. Kingda Ka was open for Rise and Scream so I took about 3 rides on it, the first one in the front, then wandered off to see if El Toro was open. I walked over to find El Toro stuck on the lift and a line formed waiting for it to open. So I then decided to go see if Medusa was open for R&S, but it wasn't. So I wandered around Frontier Adventures, taking pictures for my site and made my way back to the ribbon. Talk about a mob waiting to riot! It took me almost 5 minutes to wade through the crowd!

I headed over to Movietown. It was only 10:20, so I waited 10 minutes for the ribbon to drop. I head over to Nitro to find it stuck at the top of the lift as well. They were still doing safety checks since they were opening with all 3 trains. So I headed over to Goth.... err, the other part of Movietown to go ride Batman. The ops ignored me for about 10 minutes until I got their attention by yelling to one. I got on in the back and man was Batman hauling today, I felt like my legs were going to be ripped off! I then detoured over to see how Chiller was doing and found Robin's train half in the station, half out of the station. So I kept walking and decided to go to the skyride and head over to Toro.

/

I get to Toro to find it running, and one switchback full! Full so early? I got up to the station and find that only one train is running and that the other was still on the transfer track with mechanics working on it. The ride was good, but it still needed to warm up to be excellent. They kept saying "Voted #1 Wooden Coaster in the World" but I don't know where that was taken from. So I headed back over to Ka and it was running like a beast! A train launched every 30 seconds, it was amazing! So I got onto Gak in the 2nd row and it was so rough that I had a bad headache! Curse you Gak! I sat and watched the tigers until it subsided.

I stumbled out of the Golden Kingdom and into the Boardwalk. I guess I was delusional, because I thought Superman would be a good idea, and Superman is never a good idea to me. So I ride it once with a bunch of New Yorkers who had a rather "colorful" vocabulary. I headed down the boardwalk and decided to walk along the Lakefront to Nitro. It was running great when I got there, 3 trains with minor stacking, but the line moved quick. Luck had it that there was an open seat in the front so I took it. No trims were on so the air was plentiful!

I walked over to Batman and got another ride on it in the 3rd row and then got lunch at the Backlot. I wanted to find a nice quiet place to eat, so I decided to go by Chiller since the area was basically dead. They did no test runs while I was around so I finished my food and headed back to the Golden Kingdom to catch another ride on Ka. Ka was running so well that the line was just barely into the switchbacks! I got on Schoolbus (thank god!) and I got major air going over the tophat and major air going over the hill! It was one of the best rides I've had. I headed over to Toro to find the other train fixed and the line moving faster. I got on the B train and it was hauling, they must have tweaked it well! It's getting a little bumpy though, but still a great ride!

I headed over to Medusa and the line was under the Cobra Roll! Yes, under! Never fear though! It was only because one set of switchbacks was being used. Medusa is still a solid little ride, but it screams "Paint me, I want to feel pretty and loved again!" I then walked over to Ka again and saw 2 people from Guest Relations and a guy with a camcorder and microphone. It was that guy from Coaster World News. Ka was having no problems and was launching trains like a maniac! I got on CP beat it and it was a little smoother than usual, but no air this time. As I got off the guy from CWN got on, hell if I know his name. I then walked past Toro and got onto the skyride and headed back over to grab another ride on Nitro and Batman. From there, I walked along the Lakefront and went on Buccaneer and Fantasy Fling. I relaxed for about 20 minutes as I got on the Big Wheel and took some shots from above. I then went on Nitro again and headed over to the skyride. I decided to hit up Skull Mountain while I was there. Nothing great, but darker than it was earlier in the year.

I went over to ride Toro and Ka again and I was tired and sunburned and prepared to leave, so I went out with a bang, a headbang that is, on the Great American Scream Machine. I almost escaped unhurt but I bashed my jaw into the restraint since the train didn't fully stop on the mcbr, it almost glided through it. So I dragged my sore jaw and sunburned body to the shuttle waiting area and then I was done for the day.

In the beginning...

Good Morning Kya, how are you today?

One train for R&S

Rarely do you see PDC empty

I spy...the sky!

Toro taunts me with an empty train

They can get creative with this space

and this space as well

I question the stability of this bridge

Lift at Work

Cobra Rollyness

Medusa testing, with someone on it? They said it wasn't open!

The weather was great

Ghost Town Adventures

Now there's something you don't see everyday

The Lakefront is so peaceful

A working Batman themed coaster!

A non-working Batman themed coaster!

Lift Shots are phun

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman Goodness

Holy Drop, Batman!

Okay, try and remember this picture for later

One side was running at the start

Kingdy Kya

3 Percussionists or 3 Easy targets?

The boardwalk was jumpin

I see you Ka and Toro

The 11:30 to Excitement has been indefinitely delayed

Going up?

This don't look good

Endolay, Endolay, Ariba, Ariba!

I see their stuffed prize collection has grown

Working on the train

Total number of phones lost: Lets just leave it at a lot

Are you ready to get twisted?

Now you can pay to show how bad you are at basketball!

Parachutes were up and running

BIG GECKO IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU!

Oh that Arrow!

Empty trains all around!

B-B-B-Batwing!

Well this didn't come out good

I think I was in a daze

I'm so ashamed of myself

Save for the pretzel loop!

You're feeling verry bored

Superwait: Ultimate Letdown!

Tis blocked off with ribbon?

So...many...cars

fixing the other side of the skyway

Gotham Harbor Escape anyone?

Wow, what a great Scenery Element!

this looks strangely familiar, I wonder why

In or Out, God Robin, make up your mind Boy Blunder!

"I'll be back"

Medoosa iz so phun!

They're filming Deliverance 2 in the woods. Starring Mr. Six!

Gotta Love it

A true Zero-G

I liked the sun in this one ( hey that rhymes!)

Onward!

Paint me, Paint me!

Da bull!

Da Ka

On the Brake Run

Order up *ding, ding*

The guy from Coaster World News

Blurry, yes. Unprofessional, yes. Concern, nope.

Just missed it

Scarred for life

I never noticed this before

New Games

First no re-rides and now trashcans galore?! We're trying a little too hard to be like Cedar Fair

Tomorrow's Lunch Special: Tuna

Special Delivery!

A duccaneer at Buccaneer

Where did these obnoxiously big and bright umbrellas come from?

Nitro

Wow, Nitro Again!

Are We upside down yet?

Lies!

Big Wheel Supporting

So much wood

Batman es cool

I see you Robin!

BIG GECKO IS WATCHING YOU, WHILE YOU PEE!

Wouldn't it be great if these lights worked? Wouldn't it be great if the ride worked like it was supposed to?

Go save Gotham, who needs Robin!

Showing off

I hope you remembered that photo I showed you before!

It works now!

It always worked!

Who wouldn't want to win Superman's balls?