TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Possible SeaWorld Orlando Expansion

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I found something of interest in the June issue of Williamsburg's neighborhood paper. It's not exactly a rock solid confirmation, but still worth a look:

"Recently, I learned that Sea World will be expanding our way with the addition of a new theme park that is slated to open in the Spring of 2007. This park will be located on 50 acres on the east side of International Drive between Sea Harbor Blvd and the Journey to Atlantis attraction. This places the new park less than 2,000 feet from homes in the Montpelier section, which raises noise and traffic concerns. We at WHOA will be working closely with Sea World and Orange County Government to ensure that there are no adverse impacts on Williamsburg from this expansion."

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you think it could be another discovery cove style attraction or a hotel complex with waterpark or something... I would have thought the rumour mill would have been in overdrive if it is to be a full new themepark and was scheduled for 2007 thats only two years?

Being an employee of Anheuser-Busch, I haven't heard anything of a SeaWorld Orlando Expansion. Of course, they don't tell us as much stuff as they use to.

The BIG rumor going around is, when August IV takes over when Pat Stokes steps down, BEC will be sold off, so ABI can focus just on beer.

I've been hearing the sell-off rumors as well.

If they decide to expand the park, I doubt they'd get another coaster - Kraken just isn't that popular and the park is in the position of either:

a) continue developing more thrilling rides in order to build a clientele but you compete with BGT; or

b) discontinue developing thrilling rides, stick to their main focus of animals and build rides compatible with that focus - for example, a raft ride, other water-related rides or kid rides. Thrilling water rides work too.

I see b as more of a real business decision than a, I could also see a Sea World waterpark as a potential build, but the market has a LOT of waterparks - we also have a lot of really hot summers so it works...

I'm a Gold Annual Passholder and I'm getting a little bored with Seaworld. Kraken & Atlantis are the shiznit, but the park doesn't have much else as far as getting the blood pumping.

My 4-year old son loves it though...must be the Sea Cows or somethin'.

Is it another Anheuser Busch park all together? I'm unsure how much room they have to play with, but a seperately themed park next to Seaworld a la IOA/USF would be awesome!!!

Discovery Cove is technically a water park.

The thing that makes me suspicious about this is the fact that it says they plan to build an entirely new park on only 50 acres. I can't think of any other parks here that small.

Its all about bundling.

A water park with the Sea World tag would be popular and can be bundled with Discovery Cove and Sea World tickets for an upcharge.

Plus there's more than 50 acres over there if its the spot I'm thinking about - Busch acquired a LOT of land around that area when they bought Sea World, it was part of the package. So a starter 50 acre water park with nice room to expand would work well for them.

If you noticed there are a ton of No Trespassing signs on several vacant areas across the street from the park that are labelled with Busch as the owner. That was of several months ago, don't know if the signs are still there, but I know they've been there for several years.

Its all about bundling.

A water park with the Sea World tag would be popular and can be bundled with Discovery Cove and Sea World tickets for an upcharge.

Plus there's more than 50 acres over there if its the spot I'm thinking about - Busch acquired a LOT of land around that area when they bought Sea World, it was part of the package. So a starter 50 acre water park with nice room to expand would work well for them.

If you noticed there are a ton of No Trespassing signs on several vacant areas across the street from the park that are labelled with Busch as the owner. That was of several months ago, don't know if the signs are still there, but I know they've been there for several years.

Believe it or not: not all of Anheuser-Busch's corprate offices are in St Louis. A very large part of BEC is based right in Orlando. When I was a buyer, the corprate purchasing office was right across the street from SeaWorld. Also, you can't forget the Busch Prperty Group. They own tons of land all over the nation. For example: AB still owns a very large amount of land near Cleveland, OH. Why? Who knows. SeaWorld isn't there anymore.

So even though you see all the extra land, it could just be for something else. Jelly Belly in Fairfield, CA sits on Anheuser-Busch land. A Wal-Mart sits on AB land.

AB does a lot of things you wouldn't even think about. If you eat any kind of rice grown in northern California, it's more that likely grown by AB(PIRMI).

• 1 year later...
The parks are owned by Busch Entertainment Corp., the family entertainment division of Anheuser-Busch, which is best known for brewing beer but also owns nine theme parks. In July 2005, SeaWorld Orlando announced plans to add a water park to its complex, which already includes SeaWorld and Discovery Cove; the water park is expected to combine water thrill rides with marine life, with attractions such as clear acrylic tube slides through pools containing Commerson's dolphins. The park was scheduled to open in spring 2007 but now the opening has been pushed back to March of 2008.

Hi I found this at link

If that's true it will be awesome!