TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My grandpa and I got to the park at about 10:15 and headed straight for the back of the park. I got in line at about 10:45 for Maverick. The queue house is nice, complete with western music. From entering, it is about a half hour wait. At 11:15, I made it to the stairs. I was on the only landing inbetween flights when they made the announcement: "Maverick is currently down due to incoming weather." I decided to wait it out. The storm came in and it poured for a half an hour. For the next hour, it sprinkled, just enough to keep the ride closed. After another 45 minutes, they finally opened the ride again. It was only a two train wait for the front row, so I couldn't pass it up. I boarded the Iron(black) train, who's nickname was Ben(ironic, as my dad's name is Ben). Finally, I was all set to ride Maverick.

Rolling out the station, you don't have time for anticipation to build. You get to the base of the lift hill and you take off. The ride has begun. You are up the lifthill in under 10 seconds. You slow down a bit at the top, and then its all fun from there. You are out of your seat from the moment you start going down, to the time you are pulling up. You are then thrown sideways into the first turn. The positive G's aren't as strong as you think, but the transitions are a lot more intense. You are thrown from one side to the other inbetween the turns. You barely notice the canyons around you. After that, you are thrown over the hill. You are again out of your seat and against the restraint for the whole top of the hill. Around another turn and you go into the two 0-g rolls. You are perfectly weightless and they are perfectly heartlined at the top. One last turn and then you fly into the dark, scary tunnel(sarcasm).

As you slow down, the lights that are on turn off. You slowly roll as you try to figure out what just happened. All of a sudden, some lights along the side of the tunnel pop on and you take off. Im not going to give away the surprise, but its pretty cool. Down the tunnel you go, accelerating faster and faster, until you bank to the left, almost completely sideways, and leave the tunnel. Going up the hill, there is a small break section. It feels like the brakes are excessive, but you don't slow down much. There is a lot of air at the top of the hill over the pond. You bank and are taken down to the water's surface where you enter another canyon. The replacement track isn't too bad, you do get some air time though. The train then speeds through the first Stengel dive. It's quite a feeling going through an element like that. Following the Stengel dive is a turn into a second Stengel dive. This one is banked more and dives to the ground, unlike the first. The second one is more intense and is better in my opinion. The last bunny hill provides the last of Maverick's extreme airtime just before the last turn into the breaks. The turn and the stacking offer enough time for the blood to enter your legs again.

I rode Maverick once more, this time a half an hour wait. After that, I rode Gemini and Magnum, both walk-ons. TTD had a 15 minute wait, which you can't beat. I only rode it once. My grandpa surprisingly wanted to ride Iron Dragon, so we went on it. He enjoyed it, but didn't want to ride again. Next for me was Millie. I still couldn't believe it got de-crowned. It was a 15 minute wait, but a great ride. Unfortunately, I only got one ride on maXair before another storm came in and we had to leave. I didn't get to ride Raptor or Mantis, but I will be sure to get them next time. Here are some Maverick pics:

1743837446_Maverick6-3-07038.jpg.5c32ab2172bdb539dffec2a276c9fbc9.jpg

Here is that so awesome Stengel Dive. I would consider it an inversion. Its sweet to see the train go through that so fast.

167028226_Maverick6-3-07036.jpg.f4547ce1286397613ad7771112787de2.jpg

This hill produces some of the best airtime in the park.

538357199_Maverick6-3-07034.jpg.ddb2573312dd261c8a45ad87612fb5a7.jpg

You can get right next to the ride on the new midways.

709817126_Maverick6-3-07031.jpg.77635b369c5b687745dce7de37441a85.jpg

On the way back, the trains seem to race or duel all the way to the brakes.

2103435980_Maverick6-3-07030.jpg.b3d049ccc301754b94ae6c9634414393.jpg

The whole ride takes up a pretty big area. This shows just how much fills up that space.

1054377319_Maverick6-3-07024.jpg.405e4df2a9dee3666373c8eb989a1714.jpg

There are more good views on the train.

1858886090_Maverick6-3-07017.jpg.3a34a7099efc1ac4bb4f89a38b749e18.jpg

There are some great views of the ride from the exit platform.

2111968777_Maverick6-3-07015.jpg.74d3aa156e0c580e761b913d3c6a802a.jpg

The trains negotiate the turns very well. You can see part of the transition the train just left. Notice how small it is.

1976277717_Maverick6-3-07007.jpg.071cf304cdeeb9c634a15e8d636baa43.jpg

Maverick still looks really good in the rain.

1208357276_Maverick6-3-07001.jpg.af3255a252f5a98b95c5bc05d5359432.jpg

The first view I got of Maverick

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"This hill produces some of the best airtime in the park."

Not very hard despite all the coasters, none seem to produce airtime anyways. Not to spark the debate the MF is an airtime machine, because it's not IMO.

Are you serious?

Ever ridden Blue Streak or Magnum? Gemini? Skyhawk? Hell, even Corkscrew has a great moment of airtime.

I'd say Cedar Point is tied with Holiday World for the park with the best airtime anywhere.

is it just me, or does the landscaping suck. Not suck, but just looks not that great. There seems to be a fair amount of rock/gravel. And why not actually put in some grass areas. I'm sure it'll grow in sometime.

Great pics though

Old western theme then. Either way, there's no grass.

lol, I can never get enough of that pic. The girl on the right is getting some serious headbanging, the kid looks like he's going to fall out, and the guy looks like he is going to explode out of the restraints.

^ I highly doubt the lack of any grass turf has anything to do with Cedar Point's intensive detail to theming. I'd say it has more to do with "not enough time, we'll plant that stuff later after we get that S-turn fixed in and finally open the ride to the public."

I mean, just look at all that dirt and sparse weeds growing here and there. It's unsightly. Wait another month, the grass and landscaping will start showing up.