TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Snow Storm.

Cameron

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that Chicago gets the main streets plowed and cleared fast and really well. The side streets, not so much. Our street looks like a warzone right now, and it will until it all melts. Streets and Sanitation can take weeks before they finally feel like working the neighborhoods.

I love Evanston, it's a city within a city. The downtown is awesome.

Thanks Cam!

The trick to getting a side street cleared off quickly is to live by the Alderman! I don't miss that weather one bit!

^ Agreed! There's a street near where I work on which the Alderman lives, and it's always ploughed and cleared before anything else!

Though I think the great lakes actually protects my area. We don't seem to ever get hit as hard as the Chicago or Buffalo areas get.

Actually Chicago really doesn't get a lot of snow .. maybe only 3 or 4 big storms per winter. I suspect most of this snow will be gone soon and we won't get more until next year.

Typically Michigan (on the eastern side of the Lake) and northwest Indiana typically get hammered. So I think the lake protects us a bit too. My town (Evanston) borders the lake, and we received significantly less snow than areas further west, since the lake warms the air and futzes with the wind and such.

It was in the 70s here in PA today, but now that front is coming our way.

We had that too! Pushing 70 degrees over the long weekend! Totally rocked..

We're getting your weather now... plus 60mph winds... thanks, Cam!

Sorry! Although I'm sure that fart I let out had dissolved by the time it reached you!

It's 51 right now and I feel like I'm getting frostbite!

Well not everyone is as hot as you, Jahan!

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. If I remember next summer, I will take all these same photos so you can compare seasons.

Cameron.

One word- No snow in South Georgia

Now I don't want to alarm you or anything, but that's actually five words.

I love this. I'm glad I'm not in Chicago right now. I can't honestly say that I enjoy snow. Sure it looks nice, but it's so, so, so @!?%} cold!

We haven't gotten any yet in central Iowa, actually, but the highs at this point are always around 20 or 30 degrees, which is almost worse, because it's freezing AND it looks like crap. And it's Iowa, which does a lot to make it awful.

This reminds me of my first time at SFOT in 2003 during Holidays in the Park. We were in line for Texas Giant when a light drizzle of sleet started up slowly. I can say from experience that it doesn't take much to make a Texan think that the end of the world is near.

"OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I only snowed one inch yesterday yet some of it is still on the ground. Also, that storm is due to hit Boston on Thursday if that is the same storm that hit Cleveland, so hooray, more snow! But sadly, I was in one of Ireland 2 white Christmas' in the past 10 years when I was 7, so I might not have a white Christmas this year becuas of my Ireland trip: cry: .