TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point 2007!!

Ok I need help. Im sure alot of you guys have been to Cedar Point. Well I am going in may of 2007 and I need to know what to expect. Like what all rides have on ride photo's? What ride should I head to first? What are the lines like? What rides are not worth riding? Any help you all can give me in planning this trip is great!! Thanks!!

~Matthew

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I travel to CP in May every other year.

Not 100% certain about online photos, but I know that TTD, MF and Magnum have them.

What to expect: trouble with TTD, it doesn't run well in May when the weather is cold.

What to go to first: If you get to the park at opening then MF and if you want the credit Mantis next (before the line builds), maybe Maverick but it is unpredictably how that line will be. Also if you stay at the park til close try to get on the MF line around 10 minutes before the park closes for a night ride with a shorter wait.

If possible, avoid going on High School Physics Day (I don't know what day that will be, you might want to e-mail CP) it is crowded.

If you are planning on a sit down meal, plan on eating during strange hours to avoid lines for food/seating. Famous Dave's BBQ in the Marina has very good BBQ for an amusement park.

Lines: shouldn't be too crazy. The only lines over 35 minutes I have experienced in May are MF, (TTD if open), Raptor and Mantis.

Im recommending that you ride Demon Drop, and Chaos. Both rides are very fun and may be leaving the Po!nt soon.

However, there are a few rides not worth riding.

-Iron Dragon- It barely swings and is very slow and boring

-Mean Streak- Not because its rough (I didnt even think it was rough!), just because the dang thing is so trimmed that you crawl through the course.... what a boring ride and a waste of time.

-Disaster Transport- Must I say?

The Chaos is the worst run version not worth the ride "if" you have been on others. My car only flipped twice.

I think every coaster is riding once (if you have he time) to know the experience and not rely on others.

If you want a another can't miss ride, try Cedar Downs Racing Derby, one of only two left in the world that still race.

I remember when I posted more or less this same question.

I say, get there early, and jog to Millenium force or TTD as quick as possible, they'll fill up pretty quick. However, alot of people do that as well, so you may consider heading to Wicked Twister or Magnum first, who knows. My first visit, I was so perplexed at all the possibilities that I just started riding stuff right and left.

One big thing though, make sure you go on a weekday. I went on a tuesday and the lines were great, longest line was an hour on TTD at midday, and most of it was due to mech. problems. Yeah, besides that it was like 15 mins for Raptor and Magnum, and most other rides as well.

Raptor Hardly has a line near closing. Mean Streak hardly ever has a line. MF is better at night. Mantis also loses it's line toward the end of the night. Wicked twister also loses a lot of it's line at night. Magnum's line usually isn't that bad. Iron Dragon also has little wait times most of the time. Wildcat has ridiculously long lines. Cedar Creek Mine Ride usually doesn't have lines at the end of the night (hmmm I sense a theme...) Corkscrew's usually pretty quick.

Toward the end of may (before memorial day weekend) during the week would probably be your best bet. A lot of schools take trips, but they clear out a few hours before the park closes so the wait times drop significantly.

New question!! Ok I was reading about the Exclusive Access Package. I was just wondering has anyone ever done this? Here is the information... Exclusive Access

The Millennium Package, purchased at a “per-person” price, is designed for a special and unique experience, whether you’re here for one day or for one week. The individual package includes 1 admission to Cedar Point, exclusive parking, front-of-the-line ride access to all of Cedar Point’s 68 diverse rides, complimentary on-ride photos (where available) and more!

So do you guys think it would be worth buying? Or would it be any differant then just going as a normal park guest?

Well, I think I'm Cedar Point's Number 1 fan, so, I'm glad to help.

Addmission for 2006 was $40 a person, but I would expect their price to jump to $50.

On ride photos (what I remember) are Mantis, Raptor, Mellenium Force, Magnum XL-200, Top Thrill Dragster, Mean Streak.

What I did, is, no matter really what Month, go on a Tuesday! Tuesdays are the shortest addence. Go Tuesday and Wednesday. There might be a little more people on Wednesday, but not much.

Mak sure its not tooooo hot when you go. I wnt during the heat wave, and I was buying $2.50 waters every time I got off a ride.

Its up to you, but since Maverick is their new ride, I would rush straight to that one first thing in the moring.

Arrive about an hour before opening. You can find time to plan your day, and this might sound stupid, but I like watching Raptor and Demon drop test! Hahaha!

The park is large, and if you plan on hitting most of the rides, your feet will get tired. And I don't know about you, but I slept like a baby in the hotel after day 1 at cedar point.

Thats the most I can think of, I hope this will help you. AND ENJOY YOUR DAY AT CEDAR POINT WHEN YOU GO!!

At $350 per person with a minimum of four people per group I don't think the "Millennium Package" is worth it unless you only have one day and it happens to be the week of July 4. Just go at least two days and you're set.

I have a friend that has set out a few times (and succeeded) at riding every ride he was allowed (Adults can ride all the rides without children in Camp Snoopy except for Snoopy Bounce, and Red Baron) in one day.