TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Another silly flat ride fear...

This was inspired by the fear of star-flyers thread...

Being a coaster fanatic, I find it so odd that I'm reluctant to go on a different flat ride...the enterprise.

It's not so much the fact that it goes upside-down, but the fact that it inverts soooooo many times, plus you have NO restraints on that thing. It just freaks me out a little.

Can anyone tell me what it's like to ride one of these, and maybe lessen my fears a little?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the different cars swing. So if it stopped and some people were uptop left hanging, their cars would just swing down and theyd be right-side up again.

I've been on one and honestly they arent that bad, just lean back and take up as much space as possible

I think you should give the enterprise a chance. If the constant inversions bother you, you can close your eyes and you won't even feel like you are going upside down due to the centrifugal force. The ride doesn't even have seatbelts because the boom only lifts when the wheel gets up to speed.

I have been on all four variations of this ride and have never gotten sick once or felt unsafe. (mini, standard, skylab, and even the ultra rare Huss fly away at SFNE, which is the best I might add.)

I've been on a normal one and a Huss fly away (fly away is better, as said before) and i must say you have nothing to fear, the rides are fun and the inverting totally doesn't bother me, in fact its actually quite boring and uniteresting (on the normal ones). The fly away is fun becouse of the different experience, the normal ones are fun but not much since it tends to get boring after a while IMO.

Ok, Movieguy, I had to add my two cents worth here. We have one of these here at Six Flags St. Louis. I have enjoyed this ride for years; however, two years ago I rode it and for some reason the car I was in with a friend kept swinging side to side as we went around. That scared me to death so I have not been on it since. I, like you apparently, like rides with restraints. I can only guess that our weight distribution caused the swaying because I watched the ride after we got off and none of the cars were swaying. So figuratively speaking, heavyweights to the back, please!

MollyG

The reason you were swaying was probably because you and your friend inadvertantly shifted your weight during the ride and because of the forces exerted on the cabin it continued rocking back and forth. Nothing to be alarmed about.

Knotts never had an enterprise as far as I can remember, if they did it was a very, very long time ago. I don't believe SFMM ever had one as well. And if they did remove the one at PGA, then I guess the next closest one would be at Silverwood in Idaho.

I also had a bad experience on one. It was a large one and it was at the Wisconsin State Fair. During the middle of the ride, the spinning slowed down but we were still up on the air. So all the cages were rocking out of control and ours was at the top and like did a few 90 degree rocks but then lowered. I also thought I saw a car do a complete rotation. And during the extreme rocking, I did not feel any strong lateral forces, which was weird.

So the ride was closed the rest of the day and it has not return since.

^ That must be a very old photo. For those that don't know, the Loop Trainer Flying Machine "the park's enterprise," was removed to make room for XK-1 "Intamin flight trainer," which was later removed to make room for Supreme Scream.

I never rode it when I was younger because I was too scared, and I was quite young at the time.

I really wish they had one in So Cal, or somewhere close by.