TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Slammer stuck AGAIn!!!

I was at the park yesterday and once again slammer got stuck, it seems to be that pretty much every time im at the park the thing gets stuck.

I only noticed the ride was stuck just before they turned the ride back and lowered them down so im not sure how long it was stuck for does anyone have any idea?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slammer opened last here and it was extremely bad for downtime and it hasn't changed this year!!!

That happens on slammer when the weight is rong, because as it goes up it gets weighed to make sure it will run properly. When the ride got stuck on sunday i noticed that when it had been weighed it was obviously too heavy as the first rows on each side were empty, this obviously wasnt enough, im guessing that the ride got stuck because either the ride wasnt weighed the second time that it went up or on the second time there was something rong with the weighing mechanism (i'm not an engineer so that is just a guess!)

Yeh it happened when i was on it once fortunately i wasn't on te front row that time so i didn't have to get off I didn't see it get stuck but as the two front rows were empty im guessing it was to heavy when they weighed it and so they would of had to make the front row riders get off.

If anyone else was there on sunday could you confirm that they had to take the two front rows off and also how long were they stuck up there for??

It has been stuck at about 170 degrees once and took a good few minutes to right itself. Its not as bad this year as it was but it certainly isn't right (maybe it is and i have high standards?). Rush, a screaming swing, installed at the same time has been having troubles getting both swings to swing in sync as well, so it only runs one normally. Two swings of the same length regardless of weight or distamce to travel, should take the same time to copmplete a swing. So S&S have made a ride which doesn't abide by the basic laws of physics (to me thats odd). So S&S haven't got the best reputation over here at the moment.

As far as i'm aware, slammer doesn't weigh the ride as its going up, but they have an equal number of people (or as near as) on each side. Recenly they have started offloading the front row or two in order to let the ride go. So S&S has made a ride that can only run on 2/3 capacity.

Screw you S&S

Why don't the Ops make sure every seat is taken before they start the ride, this way the weight should be equal and the ride will work and not break down.

As i said, they currently load 2 or 3 rows full of people so there are the same number of people on each side, its just not running at full capacity. Even if it was perfectly balanced and that wasn't an issue, it would find something else to complain about...