SFMM Justice League/Suicide Squad/Aftermath 2 Tour!

A quick tour of the JL:BFM site, Metropolis, & Suicide Squad
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm 39 and can't find the Shift Key

SFMM Justice League/Suicide Squad/Aftermath 2 Tour!

Postby fatdaddy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:49 am

Today we got a quick tour of the beginnings of Justice League: Battle for Metropolis and the eventual transformation of the area in front of Riddler's Revenge into Metropolis, along with a Fright Fest preview showing off the new Aftermath 2:Chaos Rising maze and the Suicide Squad scare zone. Keep in mind that vertical construction hasn't started on Justice League and although the plans for Metropolis are pretty much set, there are still some details that need to be approved before they move forward. Also,the last details for Fright Fest are still being put in place, so forgive me if the pictures are sparse for Suicide Squad.

Okay, JL:BFM is basically dirt right now, the old theater is gone and everything is marked off ready for construction. The area around Riddler's Revenge will become Metropolis, a complete retheme including removal of the rock wall, removal of some of the planters, and renaming the BBQ restaurant to something appropriate to DC. As for Tidal Wave, at this point there is no word on retheming it to a DC character (Aqua Man?). SFMM was kind enough to show us a 3D rendering of what the final area should look like using the goggles from The New Revolution, very cool! In any case, expect a very well done area similar to DC Universe, with a few easter eggs for for comic book nerds. Oh, and I heard beer mentioned, so that's another thing to look forward to!

Aftermath 2: Chaos Rising is an update on the old Aftermath that used to occupy the space where JL is being built. The new maze will be Fright Fest's largest ever outdoor maze, new concepts, including a cohesive storyline, two different paths to take, and an in-maze scare zone. The experience starts in the queue, with audio getting you into the right mind set for your "evacuation", the maze is very large and gives you the impression of walking through rubble rather than being pushed in a directions by walls. At some point in your evac, you get exposed to the virus, and the maze changes to fit that storyline. A little farther, the infected start to turn, and as you are guided to the cure and safety...do you survive? I don't know, but considering that the maze empties out into a scare zone, I think the odds are the rescue was a bust. In any case, the maze tells a story start to finish, lending to a more immersive experience.

Okay, Suicide Squad will be a scare zone. Now, as weird as that sounds, for those who saw the movie you know it had a voodoo witch (Enchantress) who turned people into her minions, and not just that, but scary looking monsters that killed or captured anything in their path as her brother created and army, etc., etc. So, those are your monsters, also from the movie Harley Quinn, Joker, and Killer Croc, who will be available for photo ops in several set pieces resembling the movie around DC Universe. The only scene we got to see was the crashed helicopter, which was still being assembled. Also, the movie soundtrack will be featured and there will be light/video mapping to go with it. We didn't get to see it, so you'll have to experience it yourself.

Well, that's what I got out of it, Justice League slated to open spring 2017 and Fright Fest starts this weekend September 17th. And pictures...

dirt 1.JPG
Dirt, everyone loves pictures of dirt!

dirt 2.JPG

dirt 3.JPG
New dark ride goes here somewhere, in the dirt.

dirt 4.JPG
This whole area will be Metropolis.

dirt 5.JPG

dirt 6.JPG
Lots of dirt, makes people smile.

SAM_7386.JPG
Scare zone here.

SAM_7387.JPG

SAM_7390.JPG
"Aftermath 2: Chaos Rising" is located in the area where DejaVu used to be, next to Apocolypse.

SAM_7392.JPG
This.

SAM_7394.JPG
The queue will have a elements to get you in the right mind set before entering the maze.

SAM_7395.JPG
Yay, your saved?

SAM_7396.JPG

SAM_7397.JPG
I need the wheels off this truck.

SAM_7398.JPG
Looks like an apocolypse...that IS Apocolypse...No, I mean the pile of rubble...it's rough, but I wouldn't say it's rubble just yet...

SAM_7400.JPG
This guy is possibly infected, possibly needs a cab.

SAM_7401.JPG
Too bad, looks like he was having a good hair day.

SAM_7402.JPG
Childrens toys make excellent barriers against zombies.

SAM_7403.JPG
At least he didn't get a head injury. I call dibs on his brain, for some reason I now crave brains.

SAM_7404.JPG
Post apocalyptic bathtubs fill the street!

SAM_7405.JPG
Beware! The cocks have escaped their pen and become infected!

SAM_7406.JPG
Funny, I don't miss them at all.

SAM_7407.JPG
My kid made one of these is school, pretty sure it's supposed to be a turkey

SAM_7408.JPG
Nothing good ever comes of opening cool looking puzzle boxes.

SAM_7409.JPG
This guy has obviously been in a pie eating contest.

SAM_7410.JPG
Apparently the chickens were not the only farm animals randomly driving through the city.

SAM_7411.JPG
In this reality, they all drive AMC Gremlins.

SAM_7413.JPG
The virus turns your insides into foam. On the bright side you don't need couch cussions anymore..

SAM_7414.JPG
This open area is basically a scare zone inside of the maze. There's deffinatly an exit, but how to get there?

SAM_7417.JPG
The virus also rusts classic cars, so make sure you clear coat before the zombie virus hits.

SAM_7419.JPG

SAM_7420.JPG
So, I'm guessing this plane crashed, because it um...had no wings?

SAM_7422.JPG
Themeing! I think...could be a pile of rocks...I mean, it is a pile of rocks, but it could be zombie themed rocks.

SAM_7423.JPG
Um, a popcorn popper maybe?

SAM_7424.JPG
Better from this angle, it's deffinatly, um...I have no idea.

SAM_7425.JPG

SAM_7426.JPG

SAM_7427.JPG
Not sure what's happening behind the blue tarp, but Mr.Panda doesn't look happy.

SAM_7428.JPG
Warning to the ladies, this is what happens when you wear giant stripper shoes at the playground. Total safety hazard.

SAM_7429.JPG
This is a scout, on of the best 4X4's ever made, that is all.

SAM_7433.JPG

SAM_7434.JPG
So, at this point some are infected and some aren't and those that are are starting to turn. Yes this guy is frightining, no he's not in the maze.

SAM_7436.JPG
These guys didn't make it.

sign.JPG
FYI

sue 1.JPG
Suicide Squad! Really wish Harley Quinn was there, but...

sue 2.JPG

sue 3.JPG

sue 4.JPG
On this episode of Magnum PI...wait no, helicopter crash from Suicide Squad, if you saw the movie, but if you didn't...

sue 5.JPG

And there it is, if there's any mistakes let me know. Thanks for looking, leave a comment!
WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Re: SFMM Justice League/Suicide Squad/Aftermath 2 Tour!

Postby E. Robert Pugh » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:17 am

Killer report! Aftermath 2 looks dope. Great to see the old family statue from the Batman queue too.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby alexinla » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:21 am

Great report! From what I understand, there will be a beergarden in Metropolis! :b

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CoasterRench » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:12 am

Great report, I love seeing behind the scenes of different Halloween events from places I have never been to. I love the idea of anything Suicide Squad, one of my all time favorite movies already, wish I could get there to get pictures with Harley Quinn, shocked they won't have Deadshot as part of the picture opportunity either, especially over Killer Croc. Nonetheless, great pictures.
Steel: 91 Wood: 28 Total: 119

Top Five
5. Diamondback, 4. Banshee, 3. Hollywood, Rip, Ride, Rockit, 2. Incredible Hulk, 1. Millennium Force

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:49 am

I'm definitely intrigued by Aftermath. The creative team behind is a great team!
Last edited by Jew on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:56 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:58 pm

I've never been to a Six Flags Halloween event (closet one to me would be SFA), but it looks like Magic Mountain does a decent job. I agree that Aftermath looks promising.

I'm 39 and can't find the Shift Key

Postby fatdaddy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:19 pm

Yes, beer garden somewhere around the gazebo. I'm not sure the reasoning behind the characters they chose for Suicide Squad, but I'm kind of excited to see what Killer Croc will look like, and of course Harley Quinn.
WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CoasterRench » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:25 pm

^completely agree, I would love to see any of them from the movie, but I'm a comic book nerd. Will you be making it back when the event takes place? Curious to see pictures, since I won't be able to make it and will have to settle for the likes of snoopy and Charlie Brown.
Steel: 91 Wood: 28 Total: 119

Top Five
5. Diamondback, 4. Banshee, 3. Hollywood, Rip, Ride, Rockit, 2. Incredible Hulk, 1. Millennium Force

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!