TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The JUGGALO Thread

Since I can't go a week without finding some kind of Clown Love on these boards I'm f'n start my own thread.

And I guess it's just going to be...me, for now but thats OK. I got lots of fresh things to say.

First off, I'm really feeling Jumpsteadys new new. I wasn't really feeling Chaos Theory that much, but Guillotine had me at "I sharpen my blades up!"

Word, nerd.

4 those of U that have clue zero as to what I'm saying just follow along and enjoy the sceanery...err...Sean Connery...or whatever.

MCL

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ICP is one of the more "interesting" bands that I have ever worked with. I was in a band in (The Queeves), and we opened for them and the Humble Gods at Laga (Pittsburgh) in 96. Their show was pretty scaled back in those days and consisted of ...

A gorilla dancing in a cage

A "Freak Show" sign

A DAT Player

and about 200 bottles of their favorite beverage

They managed to completely cover my guitar on the side of the stage with the sticky substance, but were kind enough to give me $200 for repairs. I ended up trading it in.

I loaded out one of their shows in the summer of 99 (I think?). They were touring with Twizted and Coal Chamber and I actually had the pleasure of meeting Paul Booth (guy who did Undertaker's and many others tattoos). Working as a stagehand for their loadout was probably the dirtiest job I ever had. All their equipment was layered with Faygo and the mixture of corn syrup and dirt was very hard to wash off. I really haven't heard much of them since.

http://artists.mp3s.ru/view/artist/Queeves/

http://users.1st.net/hreed/pdf/queevapalooza.pdf

Funny story. One of the Maritime Hall shows in San Francisco, must've been "Wicked Clowns from Outer Space Tour", during the faygo break the clowns would dump buckets of soda on you then buckets of this mylar confetti.

The stuff would stick to your neck/ go down your shirt, generally annoy you and get absolutely everywere.

3 months later I am somehow working in the kitchen serving food to the crew for a Soulfly show and I head up to the green room with a pitcher of salsa. There was still that damn mylar confetti all over the stairs, walls, everywhere.

Thats some staying power.

-Don

• 6 months later...