TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Madonna - "Confessions World Tour 2006"

Just wanted to let anyone that was a Madonna fan know that the dates for her new world tour were announced today! "The Confessions Tour" will kick off in LA in the end of May and travel throughout the US, one stop in Canada, and throughout Europe and Japan. Since I live in Florida I am planning on seeing her at the American Airlines Arena in Miami on Sat. July 22nd. If you have never been to a Madonna show, it is a must! I got to see her in 2004 on The Re-invention Tour and in 2001 on the Drowned World Tour. They were both very different shows and a lot of fun! This show is suppose to re-create famous dance club scenes from around the world including the famous Studio 54! I am sure it will be full of high energy, be provocative and entertaining to say the least. Tickets go on sale Mon. April 10th to the general public. If you want more info you can check out the offical tour website: www.confessionstour.com

-Eric J.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one stop in Canada

Woo hoo.

No doubt, not my side of the country.

Go, Madge, Go.....

(I really would like to have seen The Material Gurl/Mum at least once, in a concert. Ah well.... next incarnation. Hope it's a great one, guys.)

Seems like Madonna is breaking lots of records, selling out most of all her dates so far. Most cities have added a second date, including Miami. In some cases 3 & 4 in NY city. In Paris she has 4 sold out shows and in London she has 7 shows! Seems like the record high cost of tickets haven't been pushing people away. I got my tickets for the Miami show through the fanclub pre-sale last week.

Again I am a die hard Madonna fan and she puts on amazing shows, but I cannot believe the prices this time. Her concerts are always very expensive but worth it. The ticket prices range from $55.00-$350.00! plus a huge service fee. Our service fees were almost $30.00 alone! Last tour (2004) my partner and I had a fantastic time we got to see her twice in Ft. Lauderdale and twice in Miami. We got the middle price seats and they were fine. We loved seeing it many times. This time we did get the most expencive seats, but we are only going to see her once. I just can't believe that the prices went up $50 since her last tour in 2004. Does that mean when she tours next time the prices are going to be $400? I am glad some of my friends were able to get the cheap seats on the fourth level but they still costed $98.00!

I guess as of right now, there are only a select group of entertainers that can charge that much (Madonna, Paul MaCartny, U2, The Rolling Stones, etc.) Madonna shows are always more than your typical rock show, it it usually very theatrical and amazing. I think it is totally worth it if you have never seen her live. It is just frustrating when you are a big fan and you do go and try to see every tour and the prices keeping going through the roof!!

Ok done with my vent. I can now move on and look forward to The Confessions World Tour 2006 this summer! Which I am sure will be an amazing show.

-Eric J.

July 30 Cardiff Millennium Stadium

Aug. 1 London Wembley Arena

Aug. 3 London Wembley Arena

I'm there.

Hm... actually.. £160 - £80.. OMG. birthday present plz.

Is Wembley going to be open? According to the Wembley site, Robbie Williams is having to move his concerts in September. I'm not sure if its because it won't be done, but I would think that would be the only way they could get out of a contract to hold an event there.

Madonna will be at Wembley Arena:

Aug. 1st, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th & 15th

And Robbie Williams will be there in Sept.

-I wish Robbie Williams would perform over here someday and become half as popular here in the US as he is everywhere else. He rocks!

I'll be at Coachella and the first LA show at the Forum. The new album is my fav. since Ray of Light. I never actually buy her albums. Being a young gay guy that goes out way too much, I hear her all the time by default.

It's crazy that I spent 100+ for a ticket to the forum, and I will probably enjoy it less than most of the $8-$12 shows I go to all the time. Last night Captured! By Robots rocked my a$$ for $8. I even went out on a limb and bought a $10 tee.

Whatever, Madonna is an icon I grew up with, I'm happy to spend the bucks. Anyone going to the shows I am?

• 2 months later...

So it's only a few more weeks till I see her in Miami! I can't wait! Has anyone got to see The Confessions Tour yet? I know she sings one of my all time favorate Madonna songs on this tour, Live To Tell! You would never guess it from my avatar. I have never seen her perform this song live. Last tour got to see her sing Like A Prayer and Into The Groove which were both amazing live! Is it July 22nd yet?

--Eric J

I saw this thread and I just had to laugh. Not at you guys though.

I actually saw Madonna in '86 @ the Orange Bowl in Miami. I think it was the "Who's That Girl" Tour? Anyway, I think I was in 6th grade at the time, and a friend in class had her mom buy tickets for the whole class and rent a bus to go down and see the show. Was I interested in seeing Madonna? Not particularly, but I wasn't about to pass up a free ticket either...lol. It was actually a pretty good show from what I remember of it.

Later that same year, we also saw the Jackson's "Victory Tour" at the OB.

At the time, that was actually a pretty cool. Hilarious now, but somewhat cool back then. Heck what sucked was that all I really wanted to see was Springsteen when he played the OB that year. Yeah, missed out on that one. I had to wait another 16 years to see the Boss....well worth it though.

Now it's a least cool to say I saw two of the biggest pop legends in their prime, I guess.

I honestly have no interest in this tour for some reason. Could it be the STUPID prices that she is forcing people to pay to go see her?

I refuse for pay £160 for a decent view.

I've spent my money for this summer going to Global Gathering in 4 weeks. Daft Punk LIVE and a ton of other people I love are playing over 2 days. So much more worth it than Madonna.

I honestly have no interest in this tour for some reason. Could it be the STUPID prices that she is forcing people to pay to go see her?

I refuse for pay £160 for a decent view.

I've spent my money for this summer going to Global Gathering in 4 weeks. Daft Punk LIVE and a ton of other people I love are playing over 2 days. So much more worth it than Madonna.

Daft Punk LIVE...now thats a show!

What I will do to see a Basement Jaxx performance! haha

Anyways, about Madonna. This album is great, well the beginning and end are... and so I would have liked to see the concert. It was here back at the end of May. The first show sold out so they added another which sold out. Tickets started were priced $100 - 1,000.