TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Yet another coaster drawing

First off, you have to know perspective. If not, your coaster's going to look messed up. Once you have you have perspective down, draw the track as just a simple box shape...(Basically, a B&M spine with no cross ties or rails). Detail it later. Draw the trains as boxes as well until you know it looks perspectively correct. This pretty much goes for anything you draw; basic shapes, finalize later.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you just screw all that boxing and crap and draw things like I do, LOL.

I could never do those basic shape things. I guess I have a gift, Ive always been really good at recreating still lifes or other pictures.

I think once I move into my own apartment Saturday and I have more room, peace and quiet Ill get back into drawing.

Well, actually, both of my art classes I'm taking have different techniques: My figure drawing class technique is to get the basic shapes down and then fine tune it. My other class, (Which I did still lifes) were basically drawing the actual shape and begin detailing. I could work either way but for beginners, they're best doing the rough shapes as they're bound to screw up (Like me drawing people when I didn't know how to do so).

Sorry for double post but things happen...anyway, I'm done with the picture but was a bit let down earlier (I think I killed it, guys...). I guess it isn't so bad now when I look at it but it's still not quite the results I wanted...which is what Photoshop is for: touching it up and printing it. I felt unsure of my Montu at first when I started it tuesday but was later pleased with it when I posted it on here. Maybe I'll feel the same once I post it on here. I uploaded 2 versions: The actual color image, which the supports came out too dark of an orange and a grayscale version done in photoshop as I was more happy with the black & white version. Well, you be the judge...here they are. Last thing, I learned that woodies are better for scratchboard than steel coasters.

1556882190_MontuTPRSizedBW.jpg.6e1b5d4ba42970474a9861e4d7c50262.jpg

And my photoshopped B&W version, as I preferred after coloring it.

908286934_MontuTPRSizedcolor.jpg.c6ec0c57f26b48b140e5fac016e7c34d.jpg

Color version, which came out too dark on the supports...they're not orange but a creamy orangy color.

Ok, time to revive this as this is my last of my scratchboard projects for the semester. (Next week, we visit an old graveyard and draw it).

Anyway, I could have done something else today but I wanted to do 1 more scratchboard to make up for my disappointment of Montu...so what did I do? It's brother, Kumba. This will not be in color as I don't want to mess this up. So far, I'm very pleased with the results. I may do a photoshop color later down the road if I'm curious to see how it looks but not the master pic. One more thing I learned: Steel coasters do seem to work out afterall on scratchboard. Anyway, enjoy the pic. I will probably finish this on my own time at home as we're done scratchboarding.

774024693_Kumbasmall.jpg.dc35d3eea842032c1c01902d97392b31.jpg

B&M Goodness