Togo Credit - Vegas

djzack67

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just in Las Vegas last weekend. We drove by New York New York a couple of times and didn't bother to stop and ride it. My one and only ride was back in 1999 and was really not that bad, though I won't go out of my way to ride again.

Personally, I'd say that if you're at New York New York, go ahead and ride it once if for no other reason than to get the credit.

Eric

I was just in Las Vegas last weekend. We drove by New York New York a couple of times and didn't bother to stop and ride it. My one and only ride was back in 1999 and was really not that bad, though I won't go out of my way to ride again.

Personally, I'd say that if you're at New York New York, go ahead and ride it once if for no other reason than to get the credit.

Eric

Well maybe i will, i'm staying at MGM accross the street. Thanks.

^^ maybe because you went in Mid-winter it was bad!

I went during the summer and walked on. Same with Speed, Canyon Blaster and High Roller when it operated.

I dunno what to suggest. But, if you like it, that's you. I thought it was decent. I got no headbanging while riding this past summer.

SPEED was much better though

High Roller (Operated)

Canyon Blaster: not bad IMO. nice bit of air after teh corkscrews.

It's pretty frickin' bad and at $12.50/ride, not worth it to me. Plus when I was there almost 2 weeks ago, it had a 60min wait.

But personally, walking into NYNY is enough for me .. no idea why MGM-Mirage is hanging onto that property.

HOLY CRAP!! $12.50!!!!! for 1 ride?!?!? AND a 60 min. wait!!!

I thought it was like $6, that is insane!

was it 1 train op with a 60min. wait or 2 train?

JEFF

I went in December and rode both. ME was a very crappy coaster, but I'm glad I did just to say I did it. CB is a much better ride, but getting to Circus Circus, walking back to the park, finding a ticket booth, waiting in line, and dodging kids may have not been worth it.

If you have the money, time, and willingness to get a few more credits, definitely go for it. If you don't get to it, it isn't going to ruin your trip at all.

I heard one or two rumors that NYNY was going to be removing ME. But that was a couple of years ago, so I guess they're not ready to part ways with their weapon of mass concussions just yet.

Doug "Why don't they just replace the restraints with lap-bars?...it worked for FOF." Booth

^ They keep the OTSRs because it's a TOGO. If they were removed, people would fly out!

I forgot to mention that the last time I rode Canyon Blaster, it was a lot of fun. But again, that was 1999 and Arrow coasters don't seem to age well.

BTW, in March 1999 when I rode ME, it was "only" $7.00 per ride.

Eric

While in Vegas I was stupid enough to pay $25 for an all day pass. Big mistake. Extremely rough, terrible restraints and not even that good. The TPR video was a little exaggerated, but the loop hurts sooo bad. In the end it really cost me $35 ($10 for a tiny bottle of Tylenol from the NY-NY gift shop).

Its not so painful that you'll get bruises. but its pretty bad. Yeah I donno why everyone likes it so much? Speed is a MUCH better ride and it was a walk on all seats! Same with Desperado exept Desperado isn't as good as Speed. It for some reason seems to be the coaster everyone wants to go on in Vegas.

I just got back from vegas and re-rode some of the rides like I do when I go. Speed is by far the best ride, but its short and kind of a rip off. CB is good. Desperado is a ways away (30 mins +) but there is a nice outlet mall out there. And I mean, comon, Desperado...who has THAT credit! Not many! I think it had a great first drop and awesome bunny hops. It will beat you up though.

The ONLY reason to go on Manhattin Express is for the "twist and dive" element. And $12.50 is pushing the value of that element.

P.S., If you choose to ride Desperado, check the operating times and dates. It doesnt operate every day of the week, and sometimes only in the afternoons.

60mins, 2 trains .. the queue was almost full .. yet down the street .. Circus-Circus and NASCAR were empty.

Anyhoo .. Speed is now the best ride around Vegas as Desperado is just slow and painful in spots, alot worse than it was a few years ago. If you want to ride, check it out Thursdays after like 4ish, they offer all day band for $15 ($7/ride on Desperado) for all rides, if they are running.

I just got back from vegas and re-rode some of the rides like I do when I go. Speed is by far the best ride, but its short and kind of a rip off. CB is good. Desperado is a ways away (30 mins +) but there is a nice outlet mall out there. And I mean, comon, Desperado...who has THAT credit! Not many! I think it had a great first drop and awesome bunny hops. It will beat you up though.

The ONLY reason to go on Manhattin Express is for the "twist and dive" element. And $12.50 is pushing the value of that element.

P.S., If you choose to ride Desperado, check the operating times and dates. It doesnt operate every day of the week, and sometimes only in the afternoons.

Found this on the Primm Resort site:

• Standard Hours of Operation
    Monday 12pm-6pm

Tuesday CLOSED

Wednesday CLOSED

Thursday 12pm-6pm

Friday 11am-Midnight

Saturday 10am-Midnight

Sunday 10am-7pm

http://www.primmvalleyresorts.com/pages/attractions.asp

It's pretty frickin' bad and at $12.50/ride, not worth it to me. Plus when I was there almost 2 weeks ago, it had a 60min wait.

But personally, walking into NYNY is enough for me .. no idea why MGM-Mirage is hanging onto that property.

Skip the 12.50 part. Waiting for this ride more than 5 minutes is a waste.

If you can walk on.. go for it.

If you cant, wait.

You might want to find out when it opens and then hit it early. skip the line.