TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What does the future hold for Tussuads 3 English Parks?

Well theres not much to look forward to at Alton Towers(so far), apart from the possibilty that the Wooden Coaster (SW6) plans have rumoured to be back in business, possibily for 2008!!

And Thorpe Park is pretty much the same! Apart from, As crazy as it sounds, the park’s next coaster may be in design, and the rumors claim it will be another B&M. (I hope, if this indeed is true, that its a Floorless)

But the future couldn't be brighter for the smaller of the three parks, Chessington World of Adventures:

*CONFIRMED* 150 room Safari Themed Hotel, overlooking Wild Animal Habitats!c Apparantly this is ment to be open in 2007.......we'll see about that..

*CONFIRMED* Animal Safari, well this is 9/10 confirmed but there still debating on wether it will be a drive through safari or just an addition to there already large zoo area!

*Approved*not Confirmed, but they are hoping for a Water Park!

Whats your say on this?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that John Wardly is not going to retire until he sees the AT woodie. I heard a wacky rumour that a Move It 32 was going in the black holes tent, but I highly doubt it, its not AT's image.

TP are supposed to be getting a new flat ride in 2007, probably in the Amity Speedway area. I heard a rumour of a Jump2. And in 2008 I heard that a new coaster will be on its way. Someone told me that it was going to be a Flyer, but I just dont see why though, AT already has one and TP would look alot better if they got a different design. They already have an Acelerator like AT, and an Invert like AT... I wish they'd get something different. And TP have a good chance of building up to 200ft again, and they could get a nice Mega coaster.

If TP gets a jump2 I hope they run it well.

PCWs Jump2 isn't intense at all. It borders on downright boring.

TP have short settings on their flats. And their settings for Samurai are crap, they were much better at CWoA. But still, it would be a good experience.

Wait...

So, you think the possibility of a MONSTER sized Intamin next generation woodie at Alton is boring?

Also, the idea of Thorpe park constantly adding new exciting rides and coasters year after year doesn't seem like an interesting future?

Yet, Chessington is adding a hotel and sorting out its dilapidated animal enclosures is amazing news?

Fair enough. Your opinion I suppose.

Personally, I'm FAR more excited about Thorpe and Alton.

Chessington have already decided they don't want my "teenager" custom, money or attention, so I'm not going to give it to them.

Oh how amusing it is to watch their attendance and profit levels descend as they remove feature after feature from the park and ruin what's left...

So, you think the possibility of a MONSTER sized Intamin next generation woodie at Alton is boring?

If you're reffering to my comment you mis-understood what I meant.

I was reffering to the Huss Jump2 that lagg mentioned was rumoured to be going to TP.

I was just saying that the Huss Jump2 at PCW is a pretty dull flat ride, though looks impressive.

I wasn't reffering to anything other then that.

I never said that AT getting that Woodie is boring, but lets face it, is it really going to happen? Local residents rejected the planning of it the other year so why would they change their mind?, everyone knows that the local residents around AT would love to see closed down forever and turned into a load of flower beds and trees, so they will never approve anything that is good for AT!

And I never said that TP is boring, I just said that all these future plans have been for Chessington, nothing on that scale for AT & TP!!

I personally think Chessington is a fantastic park and I would love to see and Animal Safari!!

You also have to remember that TP is very small, to add new attractions their going to have to remove old ones, and once X:/NWO has been removed(God I hope thats sooner rather than later) what else can they remove? They dont have no room to build a mega coaster, unless they can build it on the lake that surrounds the park, do they own the lake?

I've just found some more news on the future of Thorp Park:

They do intend to fill in loads of the lake but then they also have to expand the lake elsewhere!

2007:Establishment of an all season lake arena show,

A round ride,

A high capacity ride in Model world(which is now where Stealth stands)

2008: A coaster or similar in Canada Creek (of the same scale of Nemesis Inferno)(Please God let it be a Floorless)

Treasure Island kids corner 2010/2011, which would include 3 flat rides.

A Fantasy Island/Runaway Train ride and play zone in 2011/2012.

A Haunted House ride in 2012/2013.

A Bobsleigh Ride south of the Dome in 2013/2014.

2016/2018 X:/ No Way Out may be replaced. All of the rides will be of low structure. These may change depending on the move of the market.

WTF X:/NWO *MAY* be replaced in 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!THATS 12 FREAKIN YEARS AWAY!!!ITS ALREADY PEED PEOPLE OFF FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS!!!

I am just so glad that these are rumours!!! That crap ride makes me want to cry

They were always a plan but Plans change.

Thats why I love plans because thier not the truth, life would be boring.

Oh yeah the woddie was not rejected by the locals it was pulled out by AT themeselves. Thorpe is a very exciting place at the moment, Chessie I'm looking forward to aswell as it needs regenerating. Alton Towers are really destroying their park at the moment. Hope it changes

I think AT withdrew the woodie plans and they wern't rejected by the planners. AT is going to concentrate on getting the park up together because it is a mess and they are also going to try to attract more families. I would love to see all of the above rides but I think that A Floorless is what is missing in the UK and that will surely come sooner or later... and that there must be a new uk woodie in the next few years, please.

It is however going to get harder and harder for Alton to get any bigger so I believe although we may see a new coaster we are more likely to see other improvements like flat rides (ie black holes spot), better shows (3d cinema, cred street etc) and childrens rides just better all round entertainment.

In contrast I think Thorpe park is and will grow into a serious coaster park. It is better positioned and easyer to get to than AT. Also they can do this because they have Chessington close by to take all the other customers.

Just my thoughts...

and that there must be a new uk woodie in the next few years, please.

You might want to look at Flamingo Land for that. Supposedly they're looking at Gravity Group, GCI, and Vekoma right now for a wooden coaster, so who knows, maybe you'll see one in a year or 2, or maybe 3.

^The website you got that off stated that a second tower will be oppening in 2005, standing by Detonator. And that was a lie.

I wouldn't really say it was a lie, it was just a rumour!

I personally think that AT hs to much room that they don't use! For example, when you first get in the park, at the bottom of Towers Street there's a great big field with nothing in it and it's a perfect place for AT to build a big ride, if you look around that field, it's kind of dipped in the middle, everything around it is higher and ther are lots of trees, I know the fireworks are done on this field but thats only 5 nights out of a whole year!! and I know that AT has themed areas but if TP had that much space you could guarantee a world class ride would be on it within a year!!!

IMO theme parks should have rides everywhere, leave the well themed areas to Disney, I mean Disney has rides spead out all over the place and you have to walk a distance to get to some (which isn't that bad as you have world class beautiful themeing to look at and it seems like AT have tried copied that)! Its not a bad thing when your at Disney because you don't just go for the rides, you for the experience of Disney! But when you go to AT you go to ride some world class rides! but at the end of the day I'm absolutely knackered!!! It's the only park out of Disney where that happens!

Haven't been to flamingo land for a few years so Giant SLC and Booster bikes are a must for me this summer.

Also moving up to Newcastle in June so must get some plesure beach (of the Blackpool and Southport variety) in in May!!!!!

Thinking about it I might not bother with a tussauds seoson ticket this year and I might just do a tour of the rest!!! I still have to ride G-force at drayton (is it any good ie. worth the tirp).

I think Flamingoland is going to be like BPB as the don't theme their rides that much, they pack 'em as close together as they can get 'em

Actually, they are supposed to be doing a good job with Kumali. They are supposed to theme it nicely. Also their 'Muddy Duck Ride' and their 'Parrot Show' are going to be themed well.

Well BPB seems more traditional, so themeing dosent really suit their image. And FL isn't really traditional with all the coasters they have, its a 'tacky' park at the moment, but soon I think things will change.

I didn't mean it as a bad thing, its a good thing, I love BPB

I personally think it looks like crap(surroundings, and everything else about it, and rides just look meh), and if I ever went near the place and didn't go, it would be no sweat off my back.