TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rodent gone bonkers!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That thing is insane.

You know it's going to be dodgy the second you turn onto the lift hill and see a later part of track crossing over it at a height that forces tall people to duck!

I remember the first time I rode it. When we returned to the station half the cart had collapsed into my lap and I could see the workings of the wheels through the floor. The ride-op was like "Meh, I'll just put this piece to one side and fix it later" Didn't even take the cart out of use! =D

It’s like the retarded, rabid member of the mouse family!

Cerberus

I've just returned from 4 days at Blackpool and I rode the "Wild Mouse" 6 times, 3 in a row, it's one of my fav rides.

I wish it was higher and longer though.

The night rides seem to be faster as the wheels/track etc has warmed up and the cars slam into the 90 degree corners and you come out of your seat on the 4 drops.

It was quite rough when I rode it last 5 years ago, thankfully BPB staff have made the ride much smoother. I was told some of the wheels on my mouse car were off the track when going round the tight corners..

Shame its 4 hours drive away from my house. Well worth the drive.

I was told some of the wheels on my mouse car were off the track when going round the tight corners..

It's designed to do so! - the flanged rollers which guide the cars, running within the centre guide track, have a gap (maybe an inch) between the flange and the guide rails. When you hit a turn, the car tips, riding on the flange.

I own four wheels from it, two of which are the flanged rollers (I should think the car they're from got new ones ): http://musical.pete.fotopic.net/p6030486.html

[quote name="Musical Pete I own four wheels from it, two of which are the flanged rollers (I should think the car they're from got new ones ): http://musical.pete.fotopic.net/p6030486.html

well we can but hope they got new ones !

thanks for posting the footage - one of my all time favourite rides, I think I have harped on about it before

Steve-BPB puts the 'wild' in wild mouse -C

Thanks "Musical Pete" for the info, it was intresting to hear how the wheels are arranged under the car. I wonder how much pressure or weight they can take before they snap..! as the cars wizz round the track at insane speeds.

Do you know how many cars BPB has for its "mouse".

Do you like the "Gerstlauer bobsled coasters" I can't wait for the one at Paulton's Park to open..?

I would build a 5,000+ft "Wild Mouse/Gerstlauer bobsled coasters" with 6 camelhumps(some in tunnels) in a row if I had the money

I enjoyed seeing this on one of the european dvd's.

If not the same layout, this is very close to the wild mouse that was at Pontchartrain Beach New Orleans LA.

I loved it and probably rode it more than Zephyr or the Galaxy. I do recal in it's last season or two that cars would often stall on the switchbacks and operators would have to go up and push them.