TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

p. 34 - Bobcat wooden coaster announced for 2024!

On 10/5/2023 at 6:25 PM, MoreyMan said:

Screenshot2023-10-05at6_15_23PM.thumb.png.66c476a136649e463a59a84e4519b758.png

Great Escape has their planning board meeting for Bobcat on 10/17. Here's a rendering they submitted. They'll be reusing the Bobsled station, but demolishing the current entrance and queue and relocating them. The queue will now run underneath the Bobcat lift into a new switchback. Reconfigured ramps for the entrance/exit as well.

Screenshot2023-10-05at6_19_02PM.thumb.png.2fbd99c6e59ab5d69617e589f542ffb1.png

Here's one of the site plans as well. Their submitted documents say there will be lights on the handrails on the lift and drop as well so that will be a nice addition. Increased landscaping too.

Hopefully the entrance actually comes close to the rendering - if so, this should look really nice. Seems like it will be a nice addition to the park. One that's long overdue.

If anyone wants to peel through all the documents, here's the link: https://laserfiche.queensbury.net/WebLink/browse.aspx?id=785660&dbid=0&repo=TownOfQueensbury

Not bad. Theming looks a bit simple but nice. Only wish would be that they made it more Bavarian/Alpine themed - but it should fit into the area reasonably well. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Twisterfan1995 said:

Not bad. Theming looks a bit simple but nice. Only wish would be that they made it more Bavarian/Alpine themed - but it should fit into the area reasonably well. 

I think it works well for the area it is in, yes its the "Fest Area" but outside of the fest house there really isn't any theming to that. And with the Rapids ride getting an overhaul, it will fit in very nicely as they added more animal statues and Adirondack theming to it. This will look nice complementing that.

• 1 month later...

They revealed the front car for The Bobcat and it is beautiful. Personally I would have put a Bobcat on it instead of whatever that weird hybrid cat is, but it is still an awesome front car regardless. Again they exceed my expectations with what the chain would ever do at Great Escape.

F-7NqDHXcAArX6d?format=jpg&name=large

On 11/28/2023 at 8:58 AM, abovethesink said:

They revealed the front car for The Bobcat and it is beautiful. Personally I would have put a Bobcat on it instead of whatever that weird hybrid cat is, but it is still an awesome front car regardless. Again they exceed my expectations with what the chain would ever do at Great Escape.

F-7NqDHXcAArX6d?format=jpg&name=large

That is a bobcat

bobcat-in-defense-mode-larry-allan.jpg

Haha yeah, I was being facetious. Obviously it is a stylized, cartoony Bobcat. They just don't have stripes like that all the way through their outside of their fur. Just hints of them as you can see from your picture. They also aren't orange. They basically hybridized a Bobcat and an exotic cat like a Leopard/Jaguar/Tiger/whatever for effect. 

• 3 months later...