TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Touring Plan?

Myself and my family are heading to Toronto for our summer vacation this year and we are including one day for Canada's Wonderland. There doesn't seem to be a lot of personal experience on the internet concerning CW. I am looking for suggestions on a touring plan that will optimize our time and get us the shortest lines. Already, I have planned to be there for park opening and to go on a weekday (Monday). My two daughters ages 11 and 13 love the big coasters that Florida has to offer so that would be our priority. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CW is a big park with a lot of coasters and fun flat rides. We highly recommend getting the Fast Lane Pass so that you can enjoy your day more.

The new ride this year is the Wonder Mountain Guardian so you'll most likely want to run to that first, followed by any of the coasters or rides that you're interested in that are NOT on Fast Lane. They also have a nice water park included, but if you're from Florida it may be a bit cold for you!

Being from Newfoundland, I don't think the temperatures will be a worry for us so the water park may be a fun thing to cool down in the middle of the day.

I am reluctant to pay for the FOTL pass since it actually costs more for that than to actually enter the park ($37 for park entry plus $60 for FOTL puts it over the $400 mark for my family of 4) but I may have to bite the bullet on that one and go ahead with it anyway. Are the FOTL passes available on the day of or do I have to buy them in advance? I'm not sure that I want to commit to a day that might be raining and the FOTL passes are date specific.

I highly recommend getting fast lane. It makes your day so much more enjoyable not having to stress over long lines. The water park can get quite busy too depending on the weather. You can buy fast lane both in advance and at the park, but definitely wait until you get to the park to buy it because if the weather turns out to be bad, lines will likely be short. I hope you have a fun day!

Myself and my family are heading to Toronto for our summer vacation this year and we are including one day for Canada's Wonderland. There doesn't seem to be a lot of personal experience on the internet concerning CW. I am looking for suggestions on a touring plan that will optimize our time and get us the shortest lines. Already, I have planned to be there for park opening and to go on a weekday (Monday). My two daughters ages 11 and 13 love the big coasters that Florida has to offer so that would be our priority. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

With platinum passholders getting in early, you're already at a disadvantage at the park's biggest attractions. The park also has rides with grotesque capacity: Bat, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Fly, Silver Streak, and Time Warp are all gonna be below 600 people per hour, along with the two dark rides and all the flats. Most of the other rides will honestly not do much better. The two B&Ms are also on opposite sides of the park -you'd be picking one to not wait too long with and one that you will.

Without a Quick Queue, you'd have to prioritize what you'd want to ride and accept that, without waiting in long queue lines, you will probably miss a bunch of stuff. With the bands, that changes. You should be able to do all the coasters at least once, plus the dark rides (in fact, do those first), plus the biggest flat rides. You're going to the busiest seasonal amusement park in North America in peak season for one day. I don't really see a way that you're gonna get everything done without paying for help.

In August, the park will be packed no matter what day you go. Fast Lane is an absolute must if you want to get in all the credits and other miscellaneous rides.

Like Elissa said, make a bee-line for WMG as soon as you get into the park. It's the new hotness this year and doesn't have the best capacity, so a 2+ hour wait in peak season is more than likely. I don't think it's on Fast Lane either.

The rides that you'll see a line for will be The Fly, The Bat and Backlot. Time Warp never seems to have a line, for obvious reasons. The B&Ms devour people and even with a full queue, you'll only be waiting for 30 minutes max without Fast Lane.

Try to take advantage of the extensive collection of flats that the park has to offer if you have the time. Their top scan, Shockwave is one of my all time favourite rides.

Like Elissa said, make a bee-line for WMG as soon as you get into the park. It's the new hotness this year and doesn't have the best capacity, so a 2+ hour wait in peak season is more than likely. I don't think it's on Fast Lane either.

From the Wonderland site in regards to Wounder Mountain's Guardian:

Wonder Mountain's Guardian will be available to Fast Lane PLUS holders from 9:30am-10am in July & August!

Allthough wonderland is generally very buisy during the summer. It would advice you to check out the crowd before buying fastlane.

Wonderland is pretty managable with medium crowds. Hit the older smaller coaster first since usually a big crowd runs towards the bigger rides once the park opens. Later on the day lines for those rides usually decrease a bit.

If you can afford it go for fast line.

Otherwise attack WMG first obviously - near entrance - low capacity - high demand. Nearby are the Fly (generic wild mouse), thunder run (powered coaster) and the Bat (generic boomerang with a singles line) you can knock those off right after.

After that you can do the lower capacity Skyrider (togo standup) and Tim Wrap (volare).

The lines for Vortex (arrow suspended), and the two B&Ms move quick especially later in the day. The rest of the coasters are manageable. it's a long day but you can do it all.