TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Crazy Twists?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm Runner's flying snake dive has already been mentioned, so what about its funky twist right after that? It's certainly very unique and when I rode it for the first time was caught by surprise even though I knew it was there.

moak080022aqc4s5000b6b.jpg.1565f69de7a1003a12c186660132c3a3.jpg

^I always thought that last twist never rode quite as crazy as it looks. It does take you by surprise though.

Skyrush is definitely the twistiest coaster I've ever ridden (Maverick being a close second). This ride is defined by its twists, when the ride is over your biggest impression is being thrown from side to side, hard, over and over again. The massive airtime didn't even occur to me until after the second time I rode it. I think this is what takes most people by surprise the first time they ride it. The twists look so shallow and drawn-out from the ground, but it's the blazing speed you're moving at that makes them so violent. It's also why I'd never recommend a wing seat to first-time riders.

Maverick is my favorite for overall twists but one of my other favorite twists is the often overlooked unique 'S' twist on Renegade's lift/drop hill. When you get to the bottom of the hill with the twist at the bottom 'yanking' you to the left so quickly it is crazy compared to most first drops on wooden or even steel coasters. And it being so unique in the GCI lineup of coasters doesn't hurt either.

renegadedrop12.jpg.de4616e670ece82510b67c319c89bca7.jpg

Twisty view form the top. Thanks Robb! :)

renegadedrop2.jpg.fd695cfd7370a6512515169353a335cf.jpg

Another angle of the twisty drop hill.