TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NL2, TPS and RCT3 Project Nem20

i thought i would bring this to here and see the responces i get, hopfully all good one...

It's been in the making for probably 2-3 years when I first started working with the process of No Limits tracks to RCT custom tracks, and I knew I wanted to make Nemesis because well, it's just the best ride and has so much going for it in the way of details. At the start of the project I just made the track and got it to work, which was hard enough at the time, but as that got finished there was just not enough detail to it. Working with various members from forums (nldave and then much later Boz from project towers) I have been slowly adding more and more to it...

From the very beginning, was the track:-

Which as you can see was never really that detailed to begin with in terms of textures, supports or any other scenery and the landscape was just done with the in game land, though later I did add a first gen texture to the track which looked quite good for the time

As time moved on, the first major parts to be added were supports and the lift catwalk. The first gen lift catwalk was very high poly and not overly detailed, and the supports were not really connected to the track so later came the actual connections between support and track:-

Then came quite a big pause on track details at the time as I thought they were good enough... which meant I started other things like the station, though only the interior was ever started due to the crazy complexity of the exterior:-

Once I had started the station and a few other pieces, it came to me that this wasn't going to just be 1 ride, there were a lot of connecting scenery that flowed into the Forbidden Valley area, so rather than just a ride, I would make the whole area! This is when project Nem 20 was born, and it gave me a time scale to work with, nem20 referring to Nemesis's 20th anniversary in 2014.

The first connecting CS to be made was the helix fence and path:-

As I knew there would be a huge amount of other things to make, I turned my attention to trying to make a ride, Ripsaw, the very first shot of it, which was also the first in game test was this:-

After Ripsaws first test, I went back to working on Nemesis where there was quite a lot of progress made on the models before I showed anything. The landscaping was being started, I was playing with the idea of how to make the waterfalls, and the first remake of the lift hill catwalk had taken place to reduce poly, clean up and retexture:-

While working on the landscape, the queue line was always in the back of my mind, and I knew I wanted to make it peep friendly which meant having to be restricted to 4x4m path blocks that couldn't do diagonals... so there was me stumped on how I was going to do certain parts of it because they had to be diagonal. After thinking how can I do it, I went into the game and studied the path and how peeps walked on it, and the queue line... which led to me being able to see that they walked diagonally when the path is stepped so I was able to do the queue that goes below the loop:-

After having worked quite a while with the blood tests to which there are videos on YouTube, I had finally found a decent texture and settings combination... for a while I did a lot of work with Ripsaw, then turned my attention to starting The Blade.

Now that I had started more of the area with regards to the rides, their surrounding areas needed to be created, spent quite a bit of time working on them:-

At this point in the time scale was when I introduced my project to the virtual towers project and started talking to Boz... he appreciated the amount of work I had put in and wanted to help, so gave me his Forbidden Valley mock up for Sub Terra so I could use it to help me progress with mine. I used a few bits and pieces from the file but they needed tweaking so they were more RCT friendly, like the drill piece at the top of the valley. Started out at 164000 poly which was just impossible to use so spending quite a while editing it, I got it down to 25000 which for those in the modelling world is a HUGE achievement. Also, from Boz's great work I was able to get the archway, edge arcade, Blade valley, the Burger Kitchen, fences, gardens, game stalls and rock work all done around this point, a lot of work took place:-

Having spent a long time on all the surrounding areas, I decided to go back to Nemesis itself and after going to the park to take research photos and various detail notes, it was time to update the track... this meant a new texture for the track, rails and supports, and I created bolts that hold the track pieces together:-

Now that the track had a bit of an overhaul, and I had some photos of other bits and pieces to work from, I started to add more details like signs, entrance arch, photo shop, walkway cages :-

Now brings it up to not really that long ago where things started to take a big leap forward in detailing; brakes, friction wheels, and a completely custom made train to fit the track. I also changed the track texture again and this time it is actually made from a photo of the real track :-

More details and big chunks of things have been worked on like the maintainence shed, footers & landscaping.

Now brings us up to date to what has been happening - the station!! I have been putting this off for as long as I possibly can just due to the fact it will be crazily difficult to make. However, I have so far got all 6 legs done and they are pretty much as perfect as they are going to get with the limitations of how the track is, the size of the station and so forth:-

The last thing to have just been done is if the CT is fully working in game. There were some rather interesting glitches while it was in production like the train ran backwards, the peeps were sat upside down under the train, there was even a stage where it would speed up going up hill and slow down going down hill, which led to it going back and forth at the top of the first corkscrew. It was rather funny to watch at the time and just before everything was sorted, the last glitch was that just the back car was backwards, which wouldn't be a bad thing to happen in real life now would it:-

A short teaser trailer to show the ctr and track in action:

So there we go, the whole story of how project nem 20 has been going so far and will be updated on here again and hopefully people will see it more for what it really is now. Thanks for reading, comments eagerly appreciated...

more recenet than the whole backstory,

As this shows, there has been quite a lot modelled... but a loooooong way off being any where near complete. At this stage I would probably say it's still only at maybe 50-75% as still needs tonnes of Nemesis queue, rock, land, the bus, waterfalls, the whole of Nemesis Sub-Terra, loads of signage, tree areas, rocks, shops, game stalls, the whole of the sky ride station building which will be all the internals as well, loads and loads and loads still to go.... At the current speed, I'm worried it won't get complete by the release date that I announced (March 29th, 2014)

With the 20th anniversary of nemesis approaching very fast, this project is started to get close to possibly not releasing at the date that i wanted which was towards the end of march... so i thought i would show a very early preview of what things look like in the newly released No Limits 2.

this is by no means a reflection of what the final product will look like so please understand that there are a lot of unfinished areas, untextured sections, missing details and with the newly implemented NL2 lighting engine, i will add lights inside the station so it can be seen.

while walking i fell off the queue line due to it being really dark in that area, the lighting in NL2 though good, still suffers from the same shading issues as NL1 where objects come across a lot darker than they should, which means in time this project will hopefully optimized a little better to work with it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having got some greatly needed and appreciated help from someone (boz) the extended part of nemesis's queue line has been created... he did pretty much the whole queue line area, land and access roads, i just integrated it into the cleaner park file, sorted a little of the connections out and cleaned up some bits and pieces... he has done a great job dont you think?

Honestly, this is really good! I mean, I don't think I could ever do any of that! I really don't have anything else to say, haha! I can't wait to see the finished product!

this is a plan layout of the areas that still need to be completed and worked on a lot...

as can be seen, there are quite a few areas that within their selves are not very large objects, but need a lot of attention to detail which can take quite a long time to put together... parts that can be seen are things id consider passing out as mini projects for someone to work on... like for example the chip shop, iv got the shell made but none of the details inside so that would be up for grabs to be done... or like the ripsaw refresh cafe building, again shell made no details...

ripsaw and blade have been shown as rides done so far but they are by far complete... all the queue lines still need to be created... sky ride building hasn't even been started, same with sub terra and im not sure what to do for the monorail yet... and the brown marks on nemesis are what i think are the queue lines but i need help in trying to find a definitive layout for them, and there is still a lot of landscaping still to be created too along with the station still needing a tonne of work on the outside and inside...

i wouldnt want to guess a percentage done so far coz if i was to say something like only half way done then that looks bad and would be soooo much more work to do... 75% maybe but i dont think im that far to be honest but that might be me being pessimistic.

finally managed to get hold of a full queue layout plan from another forum and was able to create this.

as can see the queue line was huge in the past in relation to what is left... so far its just the path as the fences will take a while to put up, which will be the next update...

right, for those that want their own little part of this project but not actually do anything, i need 32 onride photos and id like them to be of real people throughout nemesis's 20yrs so if you have one and want to be apart of this, then send me them and i will put them as part of the photo booth screen.

ripsaw is pretty much done in terms of the ride part... due to the high details it will be in 2 parts, the ride arm itself will be the CFR and then the supports and surrounding stuff will be CS...

here is a few shots to show the level of details that are in this...

first test of animation in blender of ripsaw... having been shown the very basics of animation, iv so far managed this... its still rough and due to yet another crash of blender iv lost the flipping animations so will have to do them again... i have a problem though that it only lets me rotate 1000 degrees, but i need more and no idea why its doing that... any ideas on how to fix it would be greatly appriciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L2e4oxsw-s

Edited by A.J.

Every time the animation reaches a multiple of 360 degrees just reset it to zero.

EDIT: Let me be a little bit more clear for those who don't know what I'm going on about.

Let's say that you're key framing your flip animation. When you go frame by frame, there will be one frame where the rotation is like...359.125 degrees and the next frame will be like...360.341 degrees or something. What you do is subtract 360 from the previously mentioned frame so it ends up bring 000.341 degrees. After that, just subtract 360 from all key frames afterward.

Because there are no frames between the 359.125deg frame and the 000.341deg frame, the transition will appear seamless.

Edited by A.J.

thats what i thought it would be but it wont let me, it flips it back on itself if i do that...... which is what i dont get why there is a limit to how many times it can flip in 1 direction... its my first time at doing animation and the person kinda teaching me isnt doing a great job at it...

What's nice is that you have distinct points where the arms of your Top Spin stop rotating. All you have to do is add a key frame exactly one frame after the frame where the rotation stops, with 360 degrees subtracted from the rotation angle. To our eyes watching the video, the arms stay in the same place.

Edited by A.J.