TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Unusual ride accidents

I was attempting to confirm a rather unusual Darwin Award, trying to use Google Images. Rather than a picture of the innapropriate injury, I came across a picture (the first image on the page) of a roller coaster among pictures that you don't want to see. Apparently, in Detroit, some guy was treated for ear problems, when he turned his head as a roller coaster "hit 120 miles per hour. This seems to be an accident on TTD. Has anybody else heard of an unusual accident on a coaster?

http://healthland.time.com/2010/05/04/man-injures-ear-turning-to-chat-on-rollercoaster/

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That must hurt. But this doesn't surprise me, this is on of the GP. Surprised he didn't suffer a broken neck. Ive always found It "dumb" when people throw their arms up during TTD's launch. It's going to cause you nothing but pain and possibly a broken arm. Just my 2c.

That must hurt. But this doesn't surprise me, this is on of the GP. Surprised he didn't suffer a broken neck. Ive always found It "dumb" when people throw their arms up during TTD's launch. It's going to cause you nothing but pain and possibly a broken arm. Just my 2c.

I put my arms up on Kingda Ka and I have never had a problem with it.

I put my arms up on Kingda Ka and I have never had a problem with it.

Same, just don't use open hands, make fists so there's less drag, yeah your arms get jerked back ever so slightly but there's no discomfort. After the jolt of the launch, everything is back to normal like holding your hands up on a first drop.

• 5 weeks later...