TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disaster Transport Final Dispatch: A Mission for the Kids

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received the email from them yesterday also. Basically, we can enter the Park at 9AM for early entry. Upon arriving at the Parking Tolls, tell the attendant that you are there for the event and they will have a list of all who were pre-registered and will allow for free parking. If you don't have a season pass, visit Guest Services at the far right side of the maingate and they will get you going. Season pass holders will enter as they normally do. There is a registration tent that will be set up according to the email. Season Pass holders can sign in anytime after 3PM. Everyone else will receive a voucher from Guest Services that will need to be taken to the registration tent as well that afternoon.

I'm getting ready to take off and drive up to the Park now, hopefully checked into the hotel by 7PM. I'll keep an eye out for a meet up time, looking forward to it!

- Todd

Ill be departing for CP at 430AM from Cincinnati. Since we get early entry I may as well get there early ive decided. Which means my plan it to be at the front gate around 830ish. I'm looking forward to seeing team tpr on some coasters. Ill have a tor shirt on so feel free to say hi. Coaster takeover anyone???

Ill be departing for CP at 430AM from Cincinnati. Since we get early entry I may as well get there early ive decided. Which means my plan it to be at the front gate around 830ish. I'm looking forward to seeing team tpr on some coasters. Ill have a tor shirt on so feel free to say hi. Coaster takeover anyone???

If I did that I would have to leave Louisville around 3am. I'll pass on that. If I get up there around 3PM, I'll be happy. I'll be pretty nondescript with black cargo shorts and a light blue shirt.

Ok whoever gets to the park first, bribe one of the mechanics to mount the old robot from the DT que theming into one of spaceships! Someone else get a TPR shirt to put on him. I'll likely not be there until at least 7 or 8pm, I work till 7am and hafta get some sleep. No idea what I'll be wearing, but I'll have a GL waist pack and backpack fulla prizes.

Just got back in from the Park. It was PACKED tonight. Magnum had a 60 minute wait when I arrived, Maverick was over 2 hours. Definitely glad I sprung for Fast Lane tomorrow. I'm staying at the Executive Apartments right in the CP Marina, not sure if I'm going to head over at opening or not...depends on what time I wake up tomorrow

- Todd

I vote about 8:45 in front of DT entrance. We can do a group photo there.

I just checked into my hotel and heading to the park shortly. I'll check back here around 5 on my phone to see if anyone gives a different place/time.

Event was great, The special souvenier mentioned was a 4"x4" chunk of one of the ride signs. DT demolition will start immediately per CP management and all steel will be recycled so no hope of a relocation. 2 of the cars, a large ride sign and approximately 20ft of trough will be donated and transported to the roller coaster museum in texas. A large amount of the themeing and other props will be retained for further usage though no specifics were given. No specifics on the new ride other than an official announcement is coming in the next few weeks.

The last ride with the lights on was neat, it showed just how much themeing really was hiding in the dark. Event was covered by channel 3 WKYC Cleveland who interviewed me, tune in if you want to see my ugly mug wax poetic about DT.

Got to meet a great bunch of fellow TPR people, a group photo should be posted pretty soon. I'm at work now but when I get home in the morning I'll throw up my pics.

Thank you so much to everyone who donated, your prize packs will be in the mail hopefully this weekend. If you haven't sent me your address via PM please do so asap so I can get your stuff in the mail as well.

I was hoping to catch Joe on TV (with me and a few others in the background), but they haven't done the clip yet. I also tried looking for it on their site, but they just have a clip of the ride and a bunch of photos, but the ones they took of us wasn't there, unless I was clicking too fast through them since I need to take off shortly.

www.wkyc.com/news/article/254017/45/Cedar-Point-Disaster-Transport-closes-forever-Sunday for anyone that wants to see those photos. I'll have mine up late tonight/early tomorrow, since I am heading straight to work.

It was great meeting everyone yesterday and I hope to see everyone again soon.