TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Theme Park propsoed For Mallorca! (2015)

I get all your points.

But don't you think that they know what they are doing? They probably have all sorts of numbers showing that this is the right location.

Also there is 10 million family visitors every year.

I'm not defending the project, i just think it's a bit odd that some roller coaster enthusiasts know allot more about where's a good location for a theme park, than a team that actually is specialized in the thing.

Also this park will have weekly concerts which will attract the young people (teenagers etc.)

Yes i've had heard of Hard Rock Park.

- Exactly! Hard Rock Park is the only good example!

And that was located in the United States of America, which already is allot different from Europe.

I believe in this park, until the TPG group themselves say that it's not going to work.

- Kian.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

My step dad takes tours out there all the time, and he says that out of the 50 or so people he takes out there, maybe 1 or 2 (if that) would want to actually go to a theme park.

I'm basing my opinion off someone who has been taking tour groups all over Europe for 45 + years.

And I'm sure almost anyone who has been to Mallorca can see how this location is definitely not a good one for a theme park.

--James

^

Okay, i'm still gonna go ahead and thrust TPG.

Do you realize that TPG is an investment firm? They are not theme park experts!

It is made up of a group of professional investors who have brought in some of the world's leading firms in designing, building and running theme parks, such as Global Architects and Advanced Leisure Services from Spain, and Dreamworld and Scandroots from Sweden, in order to create what we believe will be one of the most attractive theme parks in Europe.

I would be curious to see what some of these leading firms have done that is near the scale of this proposal.

^

Well, let me put it this way then.

It thrust the people behind the project and their calculations.

What do you know about these people that makes you trust them? Help us understand why you feel so strongly that the project will succeed. Everyone on TPR would love to see another new park succeed, but I have never heard of these companies. So. I'm skeptical.

^

What do you know about these people that makes you trust them? Help us understand why you feel so strongly that the project will succeed. Everyone on TPR would love to see another new park succeed, but I have never heard of these companies. So. I'm skeptical.

First of, i have seen the project, concept and such.

I emailed them, and asked them some questions about the park, including the location.

In their reply they mentioned that there is 10 million family visitors every year.

And the most of the visitors in all is families with children.

They also said that the park will have weekly concerts, which will attract teenagers and such.

Also this project has private investors, so i'm almost sure that the park will get build.

Running the park is another story, that depends on the calculations of interested visitors.

This park will create 800 seasonal jobs which is perfect for younger people that wants to party on the island but aren't rich.

They work at day, party at night.

- Kian.

^

You do realize how many companies and businesses go out of business right?

Just because someone has a project plan doesn't mean they will always succeed.

^

Have you ever been to Mallorca? Most of the people who go there aren't looking for a job at a theme park, they aren't looking to spend the day at a theme park, they are going for the parties and beaches.

They would much rather spend money on booze, hotels, and getting to and from the island.

It would be like building an expensive theme park in Las Vegas, people go there to gamble and drink and do stuff you cannot do at a theme park. Most people don't want to spend 50 to 100 dollars per person for a theme park when they can be doing other stuff.

--James

^

First of, i have seen the project, concept and such.

I emailed them, and asked them some questions about the park, including the location.

In their reply they mentioned that there is 10 million family visitors every year.

And the most of the visitors in all is families with children.

They also said that the park will have weekly concerts, which will attract teenagers and such.

Also this project has private investors, so i'm almost sure that the park will get build.

Running the park is another story, that depends on the calculations of interested visitors.

This park will create 800 seasonal jobs which is perfect for younger people that wants to party on the island but aren't rich.

They work at day, party at night.

- Kian.

Seriously, i can't make it more clear.

Have you ever been to Mallorca? Most of the people who go there aren't looking for a job at a theme park, they aren't looking to spend the day at a theme park, they are going for the parties and beaches.

They would much rather spend money on booze, hotels, and getting to and from the island.

You need to understand that i got this info from the people behind the project. I aren't stating anything, this is just what some professionals told me, and i'm gonna thrust them instead of a enthusiast.

- Kian.

You have this beautiful beach and ocean, why would you want to go to a water park? I know people do but that is not the reason I would go. I find it interesting that some people can't enjoy the beauty around them, they have to have some other form of entertainment.

^ When i was in spain, on holiday in Salou, we did enjoy the really nice sun and the beaches, but we still were not in doubt about visiting Port Aventura. So we did.

But it's different from person to person, what they want to do on their holiday when they are in another country.

The park concept is pretty to look at. That is probably all it will be though in the end, a concept that doesn't get built.

But if it does somehow get to the construction phase, good for them. The next step will be making it last.

This is my thought, too. I'm sure everyone will be very enthusiastic about the place until it's time to put up the money.

To play the devil's advocate... If Warner Parque Madrid got built (literally in the middle of nowhere), anything can get built I think. It's not just the fact I would like it to happen, of course, since for BELGIANS (there are not ONLY Germans on earth), Mallorca is still an attractive and quite cheap destination. Also, I totally agree that there's a lot of binge drinking over there, but probably not more than in Salou (home of PA) , Lloret De Mar or to a lesser extent Benidorm (which I acknowledge is more family oriented). (I have been to those places several times) Don't misunderstand me. I have been to other very touristic destinations where I don't think a theme park would fit (Tunesia, Morocco...). I would say that out of the Spanish Islands (Balearic / Canary ) Mallorca would be the most likely to receive a park. (Certainly not Teneriffe, Lazarotte, Ibiza or Minorca)

To play the devil's advocate... If Warner Parque Madrid got built (literally in the middle of nowhere), anything can get built I think.

Isn't the park less than a one hour drive from Madrid. Madrid is a metrpolitan area with almost 7 million people.

^absolutely Larry. But I have a feeling (I said feeling, I am no expert and don't have figures to prove it) that Spanish amusement parks really have to rely on foreign visitors more than locals. that's probably why Port Aventura or Terra Mitica are situated in very touristic places (Salou / Benidorm) Madrid of course, is "touristic" in a way, but I'd say people on a beach vacation and people on a (cultural) city trip won't react the same way towards parks. I don't think the "usual" tourist would take 2 trains from Atocha station to visit a park which is VERY POORLY advertised in the city. Lots of people in Madrid ignore its existence and for them, rollercoasters= Parque Attraciones de Madrid. Look at attendance figures between PA and PWM... Again I may be totally wrong. Just my opinion based on visits to those places

he a video of what it look like

Paramount Theme Park and Lifestyle Centre (murcia - spain)

www.premursa.com/web/e_index.php?lang=eng

FROM TREVOR FROM AUSTRALIA

I think you're mistaken with those videos: those are about the Paramount Park for Murcia, in Spain mainland. The project discussed in this thread is not Murcia, but Mallorca, in the Balearic Islands.