TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Upside Down RollerCoaster

TheLuckyMole

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With elements like loops, you're actually pushed more into your seat than you usually are. You don't even realize that you're upside down, and it really doesn't feel like it at all. If you get the idea that you're gonna feel like you're about to fall out, inversions almost always feel like the exact opposite of that.

Strangely.....if you're that worried about loops, I'd maybe go on Revolution first. It's older, less "intimidating", and only has one loop.

and yes, I'm sure everyone had that "what if" and "what does it feel like" before riding their first looping coaster. It's more a mind thing than anything else. Hope that helps....

Hippo

Ah yes, the loop-de-loops! Yea, it's not all that bad. It's over in a second, as I told my brother when he did his first inverting coaster. Honestly, with me now, at the top of the loop (in the rear of a train) I get the butterfly feeling in the stomach and it remains as I come out of the loop. Strangely, I don't get the butterfly feeling going down drops anymore. If you're worried, try an inverting flat ride...wait, nevermind...this is SFMM. Just hit up Revolution that has a single loop so you can get the 'feel' of it.

Nothing much special to "feel" - if you wanna put in an extra kick look sideways out of the car while going through the loop. That way you see the earth revolving around you - like that signature shot from the 70s movie "Rollercoaster" that was filmed on Revolution.

A completly other kind are Ranger or Inverter kind of rides - the rotation is slow enough so that you really "feel" the upside-down - plus most programs let you hang upside-down for a little time. Lucky for you they don't of this kind of ride at SFMM. Some Gerstelauer Eurofighter also do the final heartline-roll quite slow on purpose - but also not present at SFMM - or the dive-loop at Manhatten Express in Vegas lets you also hang in there for a split-second....

First off, as the person whom he was asking the question to - I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND GOING ON REVOLUTION FIRST!!! That is a horrible, horrible horrible, horrible, horrible idea!

If you're trying to turn this person off from roller coasters forever, send them to ride Revolution first. But if you want to go on a nice, smooth, and fun ride for your first looping coaster, and you're going to Magic Mountain, I would recommend Batman or Scream.

I would also recommend sitting in the front, so you can see where you are going and prepare for it. But really, there isn't anything to be nervous about on a looping coasters. You have to remember that roller coasters are built for "fun", and that's exactly what they are.

DO NOT GO ON REVOLUTION FIRST!!!

--Robb "I can't even believe that someone from TPR would suggest that..." Alvey

First off, as the person whom he was asking the question to - I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND GOING ON REVOLUTION FIRST!!! That is a horrible, horrible horrible, horrible, horrible idea!

If you're trying to turn this person off from roller coasters forever, send them to ride Revolution first. But if you want to go on a nice, smooth, and fun ride for your first looping coaster, and you're going to Magic Mountain, I would recommend Batman or Scream.

I would also recommend sitting in the front, so you can see where you are going and prepare for it. But really, there isn't anything to be nervous about on a looping coasters. You have to remember that roller coasters are built for "fun", and that's exactly what they are.

Why is that a bad idea?

Thanks for all the replies, I do plan to try one, hopefully by the end of the day when I go I can work up the fear to ride X2. I'll post again reporting how I liked upside down coasters.

Why is that a bad idea?

Thanks for all the replies, I do plan to try one, hopefully by the end of the day when I go I can work up the fear to ride X2. I'll post again reporting how I liked upside down coasters.

Revolution is a Schwarzkopf coaster.

While Schwarzkopf coasters are amazing and really fun, they are extremely forceful. Like Robb, I would suggest that you ride a B&M Coaster force, B&M Coasters are built to be a lot smoother and while still exciting, not as "Intense" so to speak as a Schwarzkopf. This would be a much better way to introduce yourself into coasters. (Also Revolution doesn't have the lapbar system that most of the other Schwarzkopf coasters do....making it a bit rougher on the head.)

Hope this helps!

Hope you have an awesome time on the "Looping" (Not upside down) coasters!

-Zach

Revolution in it's "glory days" with the lapbar-only setup was amazing and smooth to ride. Now, with the OTSR's, it bashes your face apart. So if you want that to be your first ever looping coaster experience...knock yourself out... literally!

• 2 months later...

Do not do Revolution first! (unless your looking for a concussion) If you want a nice, smooth ride, Batman or Scream are both fine choices. Going upside down dosen't have much to it. These things can happen:

1. Your hair goes up (if your hair is long)

2. There may be some g-forces to go along with it (mostly if its a loop)

3. It's just fun!

I wish you good luck!