TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Road Trip JFK to Sundusky

SteveHarris

Will you be spending any time in New York City? I strongly suggest it, it's not coaster related but it's quite the experience. Since you said this is your first time in the states and you're going into New York, you may want to set aside a few hours to see the sights.

I suggest at least walking through Times Square and maybe checking out either the Empire State Building or Top of the Rock observation deck... you won't regret it.

Also... if you're renting a car in New York and they offer an EZ-Pass option (most do) you definitely want that.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yes, the platinum pass is good for all Cedar Fair parks, including Soak City, and allows you to park for free at all Cedar Fair parks.

But if you are going to another Cedar Fair park before Cedar Point, you need to buy your platinum pass from the first park you visit. If you plan to go to Dorney Park before Cedar Point, you need to buy your pass at Dorney Park.

Edited by larrygator

It's there. Click on Season Pass at the top, and follow the benefits thing until it says buy now. Then you have the choice of regular or platinum.

Make sure you have flash installed and pop up blockers off the purchase field comes in a pop up window.

Thank you larry,

but, i cant really find the platinium pass link in dorney web site.

www.dorneypark.com/season-passes/season-pass-benefits

It is not easy to find on their website. After you open the link I posted, then you need to click on the "Buy Now" button to see the prices.

Edited by larrygator

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI GUYS!

OMG ONE WEEK TO GO!

After almost 2 years planning cant belieave thats is so freakin close!

Guys, i bought the platinium pass @ dorney (first cedar fair park im visiting) i have already the voucher, put it not looks like a ticket!

Its normal?

Thx for all the help along this time guys! hope best 17 days of my life!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, first of all, i would like to say thx for those who helped me planning prolly the most fun days of my life with my wife.

Everything ran smooth, planned and 100% as planned!

We drove out there a amazing car! Avis gave us a Dodge Durango!

Fisrt park was 2 days @ Six Flags Great Adv, we arrived there around 9AM, after proceed with our trill season pass, when went to the coasters, man, awesome coasters! Nitro prolly my fav coaster of this entire trip! around 2PM of the first day, for some reason the line in nitro kust desapeeard, so we rided it like 10 times! AWESOME! King Da Ka as well, awesome my with was freaking scary for the one, dua the long lines we rided it only 4 times 1 2 first day, and 3 @ second day. all amazing coaster, green lantern...bizarro so good and el toro freaking impressive! but for SixflagsADV my fave coaster was NITRO! and Houdini’s Great Escape WAS FRAAKING SICK!

Then headed to Dorney Park, we left @ 6am for the one day park, when we was leavin days inn at jackson, for some reason the GPS of our car stop working, we went in a avis store, and waited till 9 it open, for a second for RAINNING DAY and for the problem with GPS, i was conformed that we was goin to dorney just to make our platinium pass. after a new GPS, i drove kinda fast for Dorney Park, with a heavy rain! when we arrived for our surprise! all! i said all rides was working! all rides even with the heavy rain, idk why. maybe couse it was not a stormy rain. Ok Talon AWESOME no LINES, we rode like 5 times only with me and her on the train! awesome!, After Talon, Hydra, to be honest i didnt liked Hydra at all, but the first inversion is awesome. kinda crazy. possesed very fun and scary! sting! fun day even with the rain, park closed at 7 PM due the bas weather.

REST DAY

Hershey Park! Crazy park, crowded, but fun, we rode skyrush 10 in in a single day! couse lines even if they are big, the line move fast! in final of day it was killing my legs, 2 days at hershey park, sunny day awesome, stormrunner prolly one of my fav coaster of the trip.

REST DAY

Cedar Point, awesome, we got stuck for like 15 minutes on a heavy rain @ MAVERICK way fun! weeeeeeeeee. was crazy, the rain was coming... with a high wind but no rain, they dispach our last train, the wind was so heavy that the train was goin freaking slowly along the track, the last inversion, OMG THE TRAIN WAS SO SLOW! after the ride we got stuck for more then 15 minutes. crazy. M. force and all the other tracks awe impressive, LUMINOSITY by PEPSI was really cool! and im opnion top trill dragster>King da Ka in every single point.

I liked cedar point, couse the interaction with the rides with the park is awesome! what i mean is: its awesome eat some fries at 5 meters of mantis main loopy, get closer to the tracks a thing u cant really do at six flags ( most nitro and king da ka).

REST DAY

Kings Island, we was planning stay 3 days, but as some ppl said 2 days was enouf! in kings island i had one of the most sick experience of my life! ride THE BEAST, about midnight! WAS AWESOME! The forest in night the tunnels man this ride is sick. diamondback sick and all other rides, firehawk..flight of fear...and more WINDSEEKER weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

after this i drove 10 hours back to NY and have some free days out there.

Thx again for all who helped me, prolly ima planning something again in 2014, starting in florida and goin up till canada wonderlands.

You guys are lucky, have amazing places, with a amazing ppl.

If i tell u top 10 coaster that we rode i would say.

1-SKYRUSH

2-NITRO

3-DIAMONDBACK

4-MAVERICK

5-M. FORCE

6-THE BEAST

7-EL TORO

8-TOP TRILL DRAGSTER

9-TALON

10-STORMRUNNER

btw

BACONATOR>>>>>>>>>>>>>ALL

CYA GUYS! SORRY MY ENLGISH SUCKS LOL

i do the same trip on my first visit US.

driving is relaxing, so be careful if yor drive in the night after a long park day..

i slept in during the drive from hershey to cp. night and raining...

only a second but , lucky, nothing happend. ..

what i want to say is, plan 1,5 days for travelling to CP... than its relaxing and you see more from us...