TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster Withdrawal Symptoms

For me, after weeks of not riding roller coasters I begin to imagine riding one in my head when I'm bored. Then making quick layout sketches on my school desks. Usually I just rub them off...then draw it again but nicer.

Or maybe I'll draw a really detailed one, rub it off and... draw THAT again but nicer.

This isn't really OCD, rather a Roller Coaster Withdrawal Symptom to me. Do you have any?

On a side-note, could Roller Coaster addiction be a serious problem like drug addiction or video game addiction?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a quote from letsriderides:

On a side-note, could Roller Coaster addiction be a serious problem like drug addiction or video game addiction?

As for my answer, it'll go like this: "As long as our national government doesn't pass any laws prohibiting the excess riding of any roller coaster, then you cannot call it a problemPERIOD!

Besides, riding roller coasters can be healthy for you - it helps pump the blood faster, it helps clean out your lungs when screaming down the first hill, and when the ride is over and you are heading down the station, you are laughing because you feel good to still be alive.

So let's keep riding rides like there's no tomorrow.

"Hey, don't forget that sleep is also important, and snuggling up to your favorite pillow can also do wonders."

Well I haven't been on a coaster in almost 7 months and I've been drawing airtime hills with my finger on any flat surface as a force of habit. Cedar Point next month cannot come soon enough.

Also 100th post

I haven't been on a really good ride in ages, so I play RCT3 and stalk websites and when I was younger I used to take out Disney guidebooks from the library. I've been doing this for a while. I'm actually counting down the days until Canada's Wonderland... cannot wait.

Since my coasterless times are for about 5 months, I dust off No Limits or RCT3 and decide that's really a good time to recreate my favorite ride or park, or create something new...or I'll go on youtube and check out random POVs (Preferably shot by TPR and not an amateur who can't hold a camera still/records their friends).

Otherwise, I try to find something else to do to keep my mind off the long winter ahead...perhaps focus on one of my other hobbies (like yo-yo since there's always a time for doing that, or play some more video games).

When California's Great America closed down in October, I was coasterless until May (when I got a CGA Season Pass), I just watched POVs of various coasters around the park, made coasters in both RCT2, RCT3, and NoLimits, go on RCDB.com, create my own parks, and go on ScreamScape daily (still do that).

My first coaster in over 6 months was Demon @ CGA, and I had a really fun time on that coaster, probably because I finally rode a coaster over a long period of time.