TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventure Springs Mt Vernon [RCT2]

In the early 1920s, a young man by the name of ▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓ inherited a sizable family farm from his grandparents on the day of his 21st birthday. After a quick observation, he realized that the crops were overgrown with weeds and weren't properly cared for in the preceding years. Instead of continuing on the family tradition that would inevitably lead to the loss of the entire family's budget, ▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓ spent a year converting it into a small amusement area. "Adventure Springs Amusement Area" opened in 1922 to give the people of Sanford, North Carolina something new to talk about with boardwalk games, live shows, and later on some carnival rides to attract a larger crowd. And in 1929, the Sanford Cyclone opened up bordering the parking lot, modeled after the more famous Cyclones in this time period. No pictures of it exist to this day, but it helped attract an even LARGER crowd to the small Sanford family entertainment area.But with too much power comes every man's downfall, and not even ▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓ could avoid this stereotype. A heavy gambler, he ended up losing almost all of his profits, and with more responsibilities, most area of the parks were neglected, leading to weeds, trashed buildings and pathways. By 1933, the park had turned into a laughing stock, and eventually the gates closed down for good, ridding ▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▓ of the burden he had bestowed upon himself. ▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒eventually torn down▓▓▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▓left rotting▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▓▓.....

The rest was scratched out with ink. My curiosity was overwhelming, so I hopped in my Vista Cruiser and drove down to Sanford. What I found was a sad, sad sight..."Adventure Springs Amusement Area", left to rot for 40 years. Etching my name into the park entrance building, and the date (1977) and snapped some pictures of what was left.

25060786_AdventureSrpings2.jpg.fee48b9704ecf06bc826ece2da1ea481.jpg

It was promising....

550363520_AdventureSrpings3.jpg.531c109ca10a1315dc789d4e1ae8820f.jpg

It really was.

437621247_AdventureSrpings1.jpg.206f72aeb18d02183fb0c221f0ca5a4f.jpg

Leftover pieces of the Cyclone were rotting in this field. It seems like they couldn't even finish dismantling this, and left these select pieces to rot forever.

It was too sad to see. The potential of this park was too much to bear. I couldn't take it. I, George Silverman, a "former" business man, will tackle this challenge and attempt to get this park running again. I've got high hopes for this park, and I won't let it crumble on itself like the previous owner did, I won't even be careless like the farmowners 100 years ago that let their farm go to waste. Some may think this land has a curse, a curse of indecency, of unsuccesfulness, but I won't mess it up again.

1977: A year of new beginnings.

Edited by braztaz

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're building style throws me off more than anyone else's, and thats not a bad thing, but more of a creative thing, I guess. Like I adore the blue building, but the GIANT spire seems a bit over the top. And I love the red building, but the side things seem kind of strange. That being said... I love the concept, love the entrance, and love most of your building in general besides the things I mentioned. I am very excited to see where this goes.

About a year has passed since I last saw you. I acquired the land and building permits, and man do I have big things planned for this park. But of course, this is all jeopardized by the success or failure of the first season. I'm putting a lot of my money and sweat into this park, and I'm basically giving it all away to chance, or the power of luck. I also need to pay off the old debts from 50 years ago, so there's a lot in my agenda right now; but I'm a man known to take a lot of chances, and to never give up.

I won't share much, but the park's first modern coaster is currently being constructed and it''s flip your world upside down. Four times, in fact...that's all I'm going to say. We've been revamping the old buildings to meet the safety precautions set up by the government, and I'm hoping by 1980 we'll be ready to go. We could even have a soft opening just for those old fans in Sanford...

ADVS1.jpg.f8533c108db08c97c241b755a9d3ea10.jpg

Edited by braztaz

December 1978

Trackwork on our star attraction is for the most part, complete. We're hoping to get some testing started in March of next year. But until then, construction crews are inspecting the park 24/7 doing what they do best. We've successfully restored the park's old ferris wheel, with new carts and a repaint. However, many of the other rides were in too bad of shape to restore; the only other ride we think we can fix is the Pirate Ship ride located near the entrance. Until then, we're modernizing everything else for the park's grand opening in April of 1980!

advs2.jpg.ee41233043876e39af9ffaac3263668a.jpg

July 1979

Good news everyone! A lot has gone down since I last updated! "Jetstream", our Arrow-custom looper, has completed testing and is ready to go! In fact we believe somewhere in August we'll have our first test riders! Are you interested in being the first ever rider of Jetstream? Stop by our new administrative offices at the front of the park for more information!

Here is the first picture of Jetstream in operation. Alongside the coaster guests will be able to play games to win their sweethearts a stuffed animal.

advs4.jpg.842bc378914e00e4908175f5383ec00a.jpg

All the way on the other side of the park is our Beach Bum swimming pool. Choose between sunbathing to the sidelines, chilling under the waterfall, or taking a perilous plunge down our family-friendly waterslide. (Hint, hint: From the top of the water slide, you may just see the remains of the Cyclone!)

advs3.jpg.c7b3cef7265887816512aac1972e9100.jpg

@JCoasters@Dotro: Thanks!

@Derek: Hm, I've seen both tactics and I might change my mind about which track to use. I'm not sure. But thank you!

@CC9: Don't worry, I will

----

April 11th, 1980- Adventure Springs's official re-opening!

I'm proud to announce that opening day soared above our expectations, and the future for Adventure Springs is looking bright! Families from Sandford poured in through the gates, and thoroughly enjoyed our water slide, flat rides, and most of all...Jetstream. The custom-arrow looping beast that inverts riders three times, complete with a powerful helix, a corkscrew over the midway, water effects on the first drop, and a nice airtime hill.

Just take a look at this postcard being shipped all over the country...

advs7.jpg.9c993b0dc48c35c85b3c114f8802346c.jpg

I'm so exited for my opportunities with this park. I have a feeling that this will be big, very big...So until next time, enjoy this picture of Adventure Spring's NEW midway.

advs6.jpg.5131958bfc02cf46527dbf3fe9adf322.jpg

Colors seem to be too random.

I've had problem with this too. Stick with a certain color scheme.

My favorite one would be the Neutral (with some added brightness) scheme that i made: Light blue (aqua), dark brown (one for mine coasters), and white. Then another nice color scheme to match and compliment the other color scheme would be : Tan/Mine Brown & Grey, black (prefrebably for the roofs). Then red and black and yellow windows. And you can use this color scheme over and over again by changing the order it goes in like tan for the roof and grey for the wall or tan for the wall and grey for the roof.

The colors by themselves aren't neccesarily bad but together they have little to no cohesion. Like skin pink and aqua blue you have going on in that screen. Think as if you were building a heavily themed jungle park. You would only use certain colors right? Use the same concept for unthemed areas. Of course you can switch it up a little as long as you go along so it's not TOO much of repeated colors.

What i'm trying to get at is that your buildings all give off a diffrent aura of it's own. Like that white&blue station compared against the dull, neutral, foresty tan and green building across the street. That makes for no cohesion and overall beauty. No matter how good the buildings are if they clash against each other they neccesarily don't make a good overall screen. This also apply with the paths and how they react to buildings and other paths.

You have a unique style that labels your work as brataz but you need to give your screens more of a controlled feeling. I mean the screen you showed was just wild. So many different colors in a screen. Stick with a certain scheme like i've said before.

Also try to avoid 90 degree turns in paths as they're very very uncommon in real parks and give off a blocky feeling. use lots of diagonals for paths (even if you don't have diagonal paths)

And therefore ends my rant. I'm just criticizing because I see some of me in the screens. And you having the same problems i did growing up as a builder. I hope these advices help you!

Awaiting for more,

Meh.

CC9, MeMeMe, Tdub: Thanks!

Dotro: What I was trying to accomplish was putting in a modernized station within an old 1920s atmosphere...kind of how Magnum's station sticks out like a sore thumb at Cedar Point. Guess it didn't work out to well, haha

And I would also like to thank Derek (djbrcace) for additional help with hacking...now onto the update...

----

ADVENTURE SPRINGS to debut thrilling new attraction in July 1981

advsyeah.jpg.027f0876b4b24bc9fcb2ff7466f0acf8.jpg

Opening July 4th, 1981, Adventure Springs' new "Tidal Zone" will thrill guests of all ages. Located on an extension behind the water slide, the new wave pool will create mind-numbing waves as our specifically trained lifeguards ensure your safety.

I'm just as excited as you are. After a very successful first season, Adventure Springs will re open on April 10th, 1981. While the wave pool will not be ready until July 4th, you can still enjoy and ride everything else we have to offer- like "Jetstream", which can still scare me to death!

advs8.jpg.e02def7b2b0d034b50b8db828b40af0f.jpg

-Braztaz