TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Schlitterbahn parks getting 11 rides in '11

According to the http://schlitterblog.com:

6 are at the new KC park. THey told us Galveston was getting something family oriented, that I could see being two or three attractions. They hinted at something BIG coming to the original park.

I have a feeling they are putting in the transportainment finally, and this was hinted at a bit. I'd guess they'll join Surfenburg with Blastenoff. Of course, if they were doing that, there would be construction evidence, so if anybody is in New Braunfels....

-RO

Edited by Rastuso

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Screamscape's update today seems to add credence to my suspicions. They say the whole section between Surfenburg and Blastenoff is under massive construction. About 5 years ago there was a sign at the entrance of Surfenburg hinting at the same construction, as well as rumors. Looks like it's finally a reality. No more long walk between them. I hope for a cool, long tube chute down, and a conveyor belt back up.

-RO

Any idea what the 6 new rides will be in KC? We live really close to there and I have not seen much activity there for awhile.....that might be because we have had tons of snow tho

We went to the park last year, and there was not as much to do as we thought there would be with all the hype around it. I think there was the wave pool/lazy river, the water coaster, and a tower of three slides....am I missing something else big????

KC is getting a ton of stuff. The master plan for that park is impressive. It did seem like last year, they had very little. I don't know the details, but the KC park should be much better this year.

While the original park is awesome, and Schlitterbahn UAE aka Wild Wadi, was great, their other parks are fairly sparse. The Galveston one only has two blasters, with only two blasts each, a medium torrent river, some very average slides,and a large family slide. Then they have the 20 year old tower from Wet n Wild, and some short, gentle tube chutes. It's a fun place, but nothing compared to New Braunfels, which is the greatest waterpark ever.

-RO

Any idea what the 6 new rides will be in KC? We live really close to there and I have not seen much activity there for awhile.....that might be because we have had tons of snow tho

We went to the park last year, and there was not as much to do as we thought there would be with all the hype around it. I think there was the wave pool/lazy river, the water coaster, and a tower of three slides....am I missing something else big????

I think it's...

A new tower with 3 slides, the one that was initially supposed to be there in Phase I, and then another connection between the torrent river and lazy river going the opposite direction of the current one. Also supposed to be there for Phase I... As for the other two, I have no idea.

Any idea what the 6 new rides will be in KC?

Boogie Bahn – Challenge the wave on Kansas City’s only surfing ride.

Rapids River -- Float through a series of rushing rapids on the park’s longest river attraction.

Comal Express & Loopy Luge – Race through banked curves on two head-first mat slides.

Der Bahn – Take a tube and swish down a fully enclosed tube slide in the dark.

Blitz Falls – Ride an Aqua Veyer uphill then float through a whitewater rapids tube chute

Here is a story our local news did tonight on the Schlitterbahn New Braunfels expansion. Seems neighbors aren't to happy about the addition of more rides and resorts along the river.

NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas -- From her wicker chair, Vicki Martin can hear the rush and gurgle of the emerald water as it roars by her elevated home on the hill.

Since the 1960s she’s lived here in her parent’s house, a home on stilts with a bird’s eye view of the Comal River.

“Me and my dad used to sit over there and he’d tell me, ‘One of these days we’re going to have a house right over there,'" Martin said. "We were the first ones on this side of the river.”

Only now, it’s a river with a different-looking opposite bank. Martin says bulldozers have changed its history forever.

“This was a total shock," Martin said. "Nobody on this side of the river knew this was going to happen, none of us. This was all trees. And now we need to have a fourth tower with rides?" Martin questioned. "Wouldn’t that work better in Dubai or Rio de Janeiro? This is the Comal River! It’s a spring. It should be protected.”

Jeffrey Siebert with Schlitterbahn Waterparks said the expansion announcement is expected in two weeks, and will include rides and resorts on the old Camp Warnecke property opposite Martin’s home. Siebert said this particular stretch of the Comal will be open for business this summer.

Martin complains they learned of the plans when they heard the trucks drown out the river noise last Monday, when dump trucks and dozers filled the opposite bank.

“And they just started ripping the trees up, cutting them down,” she sobbed. “I mean this is my front yard! This is my house. It was beautiful; this was the only part of the Comal River that they kept pristine and beautiful and untouched. Now look at it.”

Siebert said the plans will bring beauty to the bank of the river, while providing more jobs to the local economy.

Martin believes Schlitterbahn is a great economic engine for New Braunfels, but she stops short of praising this latest project.

“Don’t get me wrong, it employs the kids; they do a lot of good things for the community. But this is not it. I don’t want to live in an amusement park.”

Here is a link to the story. KVUE News- Anger over Schlitterbahn

Well, it seems Mr. Seibert can't contain himself, once again. He's leaked the New Braunfels rides one day in advance. They are apparently decimating all of the resort buildings along the river by Blastenoff. THose looked pretty old. I never stayed in one. The entire area is going to be replaced by a 3600 foot long tube chute with a conveyor belt lift that drops you off at the sky coaster. It says there are entrances in Surfenburg, Blastenoff, and down by the existing hot tub/pool, which is about the only thing staying in that area.

From their resort map, it does look like the resort office building, and maybe the covered picnic area will stay.

It's not clear where it ties into Surfenburg, but I'd assume the new treehouses are near the picnic grove in Surfenburg, maybe even cannibalizing some of it, and the entrance will be very close to the gift shop, which is where the sign was years ago, stating a new attraction was coming.

So, you will be able to travel from one park to the other YAY!!!! However, it is via a slow river ride, and getting from S-burg to B-off will be a pretty long journey. SO, I would bet there will still be a walkway too, although it will be inside the park, I bet.

A KILLER addition. I just hope it's open for Schlittercon, but I think Jeffrey said it was going to be open by the Coaster COn add-on day, but no Schlittercon. Oh well, as long as we still have a celebrity hot tub party both nights, me and the fam will be happy.

I think this is a big step from Schlitterbahn to remove some older resort buildings, and add brand-new unique treehouses. I'd love to stay in one next year, but I forsee them being quite the premium.

http://www.schlitterbahn.com/nb/new/

Is it Memorial Day weekend yet?

-RO