TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling rides open during February? (especially "Joris")

Hi all,

I am going to be in europe at the end of february,Just a few days before efteling shuts down it's winter season.

At the chance it's not going to snow or rain heavily - Can anyone advice me about which rides going to run in efteling during these days?

Do they run "George and the dragon" coasters at winter?

How easily effected are the outdoor coasters by rain?

I am stragelling between going to efteling or to Eurodisney at the end of february,So would love some advice.

Thank you!

Gil

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the Efteling website:

Tijdens de Winter Efteling zijn bijna alle attracties in het park open, behalve de Python, Piraña en de Roeivijver. Joris en de Draak, De Vliegende Hollander, Halve Maen, Bobbaan en D’Oude Tuffer zijn geopend wanneer de weersomstandigheden het toelaten.

translation:

Closed are: Python, Piraña en the Roeivijver

Weather permitting are: Joris en de Draak, De Vliegende Hollander, Halve Maen, Bobbaan en D’Oude Tuffer.

i'm assuming that weather permitting is about temperature and amount of rain.. Bobbaan does not like the wet, joris en de draak does not like the cold, Vliegende Hollander can not operate when the water is frozen over..

I guess Disney is a better option with way more things to do..

Hi Hhappy,

I really had a thought that you will be the one to answear this one first

So i see the weather in Amsterdam is usually :

Amsterdam weather in January

4°C / 39°F -1°C / 30°F

Amsterdam weather in February

6°C / 43°F -1°C / 30°F

Amsterdam weather in March

9°C / 48°F 1°C / 34°F

I guess this is too cold for "George" to run ? even on a clear day?

How about "Troy" at Toverland? is it a "safer" way to go?

I really need my "coaster-fix" and only have 2 days to spend...

I do hope going on a coster on these temps is not too crazy to begin with

Gil

As long as there is no snow on the track or it ain't freezing the woodies should be open..

But we've seen more snow over the last couple of days then we usually see during an entire winter..

Nobody knows how februari will be..

Joris and the Draak will be open when it isn't freezing. I was there a few days ago and it was around 35 F (+1 C) and it was open.

Concerning Troy, it doens't open during the week, only weekends. But with and avarage of 100 visitors it's not THAT strange....

Joris and the Draak will be open when it isn't freezing. I was there a few days ago and it was around 35 F (+1 C) and it was open.

Concerning Troy, it doens't open during the week, only weekends. But with and avarage of 100 visitors it's not THAT strange....

Well good to hear that it runs well in cold weather , do you know if they run it when it rain slightly?

by the way,how was the ride?? Enjoyable or too freezing-cold ?

About Troy - good info - I didn't see it mentioned anywhere that they run it only on weekends.

It probably opens later in the day than the rest of the park as well ?

Thank you all,

Gil

• 1 month later...

Have you already chosen where you are going to go? Is it going to be Eurodisney in Paris or Efteling Holland? Would like to know what you ended up choosing because I'm undecided whether I should travel through Holland in the beginning of March or not. I'd want to stop by Efteling as well on my little round trip. When you go and visit Holland where do you usually stay? Hotel, Hostel, Apartment, or at Friends place? I'm thinking of trying out the possibility of renting a flat whilst I’m in Amsterdam. I'm going to stay there for about 10 days and then continue on. Let me know what you decided

Have you already chosen where you are going to go? Is it going to be Eurodisney in Paris or Efteling Holland?

Both parks don't exist. They are called Disneyland Paris and Efteling in the Netherlands.

Just telling, because you would be looking long if you don't know that.

EDIT:

Vliegende Hollander/Flying Dutchman - 14-19 februari closed.

Waterorgel - closed.

The site says: The flying Dutchman is opening the 19th of February. So it's open for the weekend according to the website.

I hope It's true. I'm going there on Saturday, and it's been 3 years. I would like "DVH" to be open. Obviously the REAL reason for my visit is George and the dragon. It will be nice to do some coaster riding in the off-season!

I went to Efteling twice in a Month . In January because of the cold Temperatures The Flying Dutchman was closed and the Gondoletas as well .

Last week Everything was open except the Flying Dutchman and Fata Morgana . Joris And the Dragon Opened around 12pm and both track were open with one train on each side .