TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

MyMyMy RCT2 Boredom

While I do not have enough work for a single thread for each topic, I have too much to post in the Preview thread. My solution: Narcissistic Industries.

This is not a coaster company or park chain, but some ideas I have. However, if at any point I decide a design is good enough, I'll post it in a park of mine, once I get a thread going. For example, get a load of these:

SCR67.BMP

A B&M Invert. No close-ups; I'm using this in a park soon...

SCR68.BMP

...And this too

SCR69.BMP

A good old Racer, anyone?

SCR72.BMP

A mini park. Here are Jump! and Double Loop

SCR73.BMP

The big picture

SCR74.BMP

Double Loop's building

SCR75.BMP

Keep in mind, I don't know how to connect supports with 8cars

SCR77.BMP

River of Insanity

SCR79.BMP

For those of you who read my "La Ronde Recreation" thread, you'll be pleased to know that, while it is dead, I still made the coasters! Here are the sexy helixes on Le Monstre

SCR80.BMP

Double Lifthills

SCR81.BMP

The first half of the ride: Drop, 2nd drop, airtime hills

SCR82.BMP

The yummy Helixes

SCR83.BMP

The double station; it's not exactly like le monstre because you exit in between platforms, but i couldnt do that. Oh well.

SCR84.BMP

The crazy headchopping finale

SCR85.BMP

IMO the best woodie *ever*

SCR86.BMP

An idea of mine: Patriot City. Here is Centennial Screamer.

SCR87.BMP

Crazy watery curve!

SCR91.BMP

Along with my best Intamin comes my best buildings

SCR92.BMP

The spinning dark ride, named 5D Revolution. Geddit? Revolution... Spinning... oh, never mind.

SCR93.BMP

Very wild mousey, but thrilling nonetheless

SCR95.BMP

To continue, here is another recreation: Le Cobra, the Intamin standup

SCR97.BMP

I haven't completed the Vekoma support stuff, but her is Le Super Manege (The Super Ride). Tell me what you think of all this please!

Edited by MeMeMe

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Beemer invert is way too big for scale...

I dont like the arrow looper layout...

the old racer isnt too bad...

the placement of the transfer tracks on Jump(?) is not good.

Centennial Screamer looks pretty good, as does the La ronde Cobra recreation

my thoughts

B&M - During the first half of the ride, there really isn't any draw other than the cliche' drop and a few inversions look. After the MCBR the drop is way to large to pull of some kind of small inverion, like the one you have there. I would say that you could put something like a reverse sidewinger or a mini dive loop in place of that. Then you could replace the transition with the other corkscrew to some kind of helix or something. There then should be some space for some more track, then you could do the corkscrews during that time.

Arrow - That looks like Viper with so much track taken off. You could do so much with that ride, such as helixes and batwings. Like with the B&M the train would go through the corkscrews too fast.

Racer - Looks ok, maybe a bit more longer?

Woddie - The transfers shouldnt be higher than the track that its transfering from. Other than that, it looks too short, and too simple. You can always play around with the track, and make something with the space given.

Arrow 2 - Reminds me a lot of double loop and corkscrew, its all right.

River of Insanity - The entrance path is rather direct. The tunnel under the pathway wouldn't work out the way you would want. There isn't enough space for a drop, even at 5ft. Most rapid rides go through a tunnel without a change of ride evelation or terrian evelation.

La Monstre - It looks ok, some transitions are rather tight for the speed the trains will go at.

Intamin - I always try to keep the track 5ft above the ground for realisum sakes, and water at least -5 below the ground. Water touching the track like that really isn't safe IMO. Granted these are peeves that I have, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Mouse - The final drop is too large.

Cobra - No supports on MCBR. The tracks going under the MCBR (the track before the final brakes) I see where it can be changed into where the MCBR has the ingame supports/ room for custom supports.

La Super manege - Arn't the corkscrews suppose to be going the same way?

Final - Your recreations are better than your custom tracks. I would suggest remaking diffrent real rides (dont worry about scenery) and showing them off. If you do it enough you will figure out a better way to make coasters. The main problems with your custom coasters tho are their lentgh and their originality.

There you go, critisium, by me.

^and^^, Thanks for the tips. I think what I'll do is re-create all the custom rides at Laronde (so not Ednor, Vampire, Boomerang or Tobbogan Nordique). That means say hi to Le dragon, Goliath and (possibly) Marche au Mille-Pattes (Millipede Dance).

I'm also considering remaking Behemoth, Wild Beast, Mighty Canadian Minebuster, Backlot Stunt Coaster and others from Canada's Wonderland, as well as the big woodie at Upper Clements. For now, no U.S. recreations, at least until my parents give in and take me to Great Adventure, New England, Disney or Cedar Point.

Maybe the whimpy kid's coaster at Gulliver's somethingorother in Milton Keynes, UK, though.

Just wait and see!

• 1 month later...

In my ongoing quest to make something realistic and/or amazing, I've come up with several ideas:

SCR165.BMP

Thoughts?

SCR166.BMP

Tada!

SCR167.BMP

Definitely my favorite shot

SCR168.BMP

It's very twisty and terrain-based

SCR169.BMP

The idea is that you're running through trees and hills to escape a sasquatch

SCR170.BMP

Layout

SCR171.BMP

Without foliage.

Let me know what you think of these. There will be a part 2 tomorrow.

Well, here's part 2:

You may have caught glimpses of this behind the GG woodie; I'm using a custom workbench for this. Onto pictures:

Support work will come later.

As you can see, it's an unfinished project.

The following is my best station (yet):

This is a non-hacked ride; It could be, and would be, insanely awesome, if I could figure out 8cars. For now, it's just the aesthetics.

Take a ride on_______________, at ______________________ Amusement park

"After the towering spiral lift and vertical drop, screaming riders will freefall nearly 100 feet into water effects..."

"...After which they soar through twisted track and insane invesions..."

...and the breathtaking finale, which consists of two high-speed barrel rolls...

...and a jaw-rattling spiral with a flip into the brake run.

So? Thoughts? Comments? Insults?

The station of that last one does look really cool in my opinion, I think you did a great job there. The new Arrow looks pretty good as well, a classic, but you have pulled it off. The last turquoise coaster just looks like it's trying to do too much here, which makes it way too complicated. Your terrain woodie is BY FAR the best that you've shown here, though - it's fabulous, different, looks fast-paced, twisty and fun, and the surrounding area is themed and landscaped well.

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided on the possible layouts of two coasters for a park; they are near done, but I'm still working on the concept of the park itself. The first is a (very) old woodie, circa 1950. It is safe but intense, despite its size of less than 70ft. As you can see, its simple out-and-back layout provides both thrill and a compact area.

Personally, the turn around is my favorite part:

The ride has an amazing double-down.

Moving on, I have completely re-engineered the invert; it's still for the same park, but I figured it could be a bit more fun. The new layout focuses more on terrain than the other one does, even though I haven't started making terrain.

Instead of a cobra roll, the ride now contains a batwing:

Following the above corkscrew, the train enters a helix followed by an in-line twist.

And the finale with a helix and corkscrew would be set over water (specifically a natural lake).

Let me know what you think!

Comments? Anyone?

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well, anyway, the last two coasters were part of a park I'm working on. Or, should I say, have been working on since October. The original idea was to have a Cedar Fair park; there would be a hydraulic-launch coaster, a gigantic terrain woodie, some custom flats and a 7-(changed to 6) inversion Arrow. The theming, rides and atmosphere will count on your votes.

Today I started up the Scenario Editor. The ride list (all rides), which I have completed, includes 48 rides. I plan to use at least 40. My plans, sketched up as a map in October/November, dictate a large variety of coasters:

IDEAS

-Shuttle Loop

-Large B&M multi-looping (no train design yet)

-2 juniors (I plan to cut one)

-Terrain woodie (abandoned project due to high intensity)

-Steel Wild Mouse

-Arrow 6-inversion (custom)

-Boomerang

-Racer (cut in favor of woodie in last update)

-B&M Invert (pictured in last update)

-Hydraulic launch coaster

-B&M Hyper

POSSIBLE

-Vekoma swinger (junior)

-Arrow Swinger

-LIM water slide

Assuming I stick to plan and votes, there are 10-12 coasters. Should I raise or lower that number? This is not a small park, but it's not big. Just a bit smaller than CWL.

I have begun recreating La Ronde's Le Goliath; this may not be accurate as the park is closed and I cannot inspect.* However, the general idea has been captured in this coaster.

Hmm?

This part is the one I love. Because of the shape of the turnaround, none of the hills are next to each other, creating many headchopping drops.

And now the turnaround. Interestingly, a site I recently visited nominated Le Goliath as one of the world's most underrated coasters, and claimed this turnaround was "in the top 50", although you have to ride it to be certain.

One of the things that got people upset about the ride was its "unoriginal" layout. I believe it's meant for thrill, not theme. The coaster is meant as an ejector-air machine and not a twisty experience.

However, there is a 70-something degree banked curvy hill.

In real life, the ride finishes with a squeeze between the station and the train storage, which provides a crash illusion.

Insane airtime is produced on every hill on the ride.

*In the summer, however, it is open. This is good; I will spend a while in the parking lot, admiring the Goliath; its layout is almost as parking-lot based as Scream!

This is as close to perfect as you can get.

Well... Probably not. Until April when the park opens (we have mountains of snow in Montreal), even to pass holders, not even the parking lot will be open for me to check. Honestly I made this because I was bored, but if I stop procrastinating and start recreating, I'll include a MUCH more realistic version in La Ronde.

I do feel the brakerun is close to the last hill, not sure the whole train passed over it before stopped? Otherwise it seems like a real airgiver and I'd ride it anyday due to lack of coasters in Sweden.

Since there are limits to what I can do in the game, I couldn't make a sloped brake run like the Goliath has. The train does make it to the end of the brake run, and if I can find out how, I will hack the run so it can slope and thus speedily pass over the entrance and into the station.

I really do think the Goliath is highly underrated only because Behemoth is taller and faster. Honestly it's not too much better than this and does not deliver nearly as much air time, even in the back.

The results are in and the good news is that the park will be independently-run!

No spoilers yet, but I'll show you a coaster that was planned for whatever park it would be AGES ago. It was a dead-end project and it was based on a cross between CCI out-and-backs and bigger coasters like The Beast or its infamous child.

Just so we're clear, a tunnel under the road was planned but it would have made the ride too intense and instead of removing the road, I just built through it... I'm lazy like that!

The ride gives great air. Sorry about trees.

In real life, this would be almost 90:

And this would REALLY be 90!

And the remaining photos:

Pros:

-I like the helix with the sand and bushes

-overall, very simple but effective

-interesting station, maybe enclose the exit

Cons:

-not feeling the 2nd picture, if there was a tunnel I agree it would much better

-the double helix isnt bad but it seems bare and I think the other helix looks much better

Don't get me wrong, its very good and I'm impressed with your other coasters along with this one, keep it up

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks! The Arrow is inspired by Demon and Anaconda and the GCI is my own. I originally did not like the crossover at the bottom of the first drop but I think it suits it. (I've never even been on a GCI!)

For now, an update:

SCR331.BMP

SCR332.BMP

SCR333.BMP

SCR334.BMP

SCR335.BMP

New B&M invert. Imagine that all the dips are in a themed cavelike tunnel.

SCR336.BMP

SCR337.BMP

SCR338.BMP

SCR339.BMP

SCR340.BMP

SCR341.BMP

A B&M sitdown (layout inspired by Kraken)

SCR342.BMP

SCR343.BMP

SCR344.BMP

SCR345.BMP

An Arrow 4-looper. Can't think of where I got the layout from though...

SCR346.BMP

SCR347.BMP

SCR348.BMP

The last three were "mall" coasters. Imagine a largish mall and the coasters flying above, around and through famous names and fabulous fountains.