TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR: GADV 10/15

Photo TR: Six Flags Great Adventure October 15, 2010

This is most likely was my last trip if the year so I thought I would make a small PTR. Yeah it's been a while A few days ago I received an email asking me if I would like to be a part of a film shoot for the Travel Channel show 'Bert The Conqueror'! I had a choice of Kingda Ka, El Toro, or both which was the coasters they were filming for the show. I could only attend the El Toro shoot because I had a college class in the morning (when the Kingda Ka shoot was) so I signed up for the El Toro shoot in the afternoon. Believe it or not this cost absolutely nothing to attend I did not expect that from Six Flags & was very impressed that I could bring a guest & not pay a dime to get in the park! I actually watch 'Bert The Conqueror' so I was excited to get a chance to be on the show! I got to the park around 1 p.m. since the shoot for El Toro started around 1:30. We rode El Toro 3x before the film crew got set up. Bert was a pretty cool dude. Really entertaining. After the 3rd ride the camera crew started setting up their cameras. It took about 20 minutes. It was cold outside so it felt a lot longer. The film crew picked some little 10 year kids & their family to ride with Bert & we rode 3 more times. After they got the shots of Bert on the ride that they wanted we rode 4 more times so the crew could get off ride shots. We did a lot of sitting around & the entire shoot lasted until about 4:45 p.m. So I got to ride El Toro 10x in a row After the shoot we were aloud to stay & enjoy the park. It was cold & I had to watch the Yankees game in the ALCS so my friend & I didn't stay long. We decided to hit Bizarro & were the first guests of the day on it. We were the only ones on the ride & sat in the front & the ride operators let us have the train to ourselves again in the back! After Bizarro we went over & rode Skull Mountain 2x in a row in the last car without getting off! Nitro was out last ride & we walked right on in a middle row then got one final ride in the back row. My 2010 coaster season possibly ended on Nitro in the last seat I had a great year & if I can't get out to another park this year my 2011 season will start early in Disney World in January. Thanks for reading & enjoy the few pics I took. Sorry for the different sizes but I only had my Blackberry which doesn't take that great pics.

ltc1.jpg.824c590b7a81b690ca87696b045c10dd.jpg

Nothing to see here, keep moving along please.

et1.jpg.c402c9af01a03393353368c231ef3efe.jpg

10x in a row today!

bert1.jpg.89e6387385b3687e8a7a2e6e1cc7847a.jpg

The film crew.

bert2.jpg.ad20b8cfd2da8c7e2b121be16f9af196.jpg

It's Bert The Conqueror! I need a hair cut lol.

bz1.jpg.41c19845d8c3807225c22c5daaa0edbf.jpg

2x in the row after the shoot! Once in the front, once in the back!

sk1.jpg.6e330bfc9a6116c6422528f916cec5c2.jpg

another ride I rode 2x in a row without getting off!

nt1.jpg.8f723d71b3130359b1937f8f8ed341cd.jpg

Nitro was most likely the last ride of the year for me!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, I really cannot stand that show. It's just really shows off theme parks and roller coasters to "stupid people" and I can't stand it. But then again, I'm assuming there are a lot of stupid people out there who like it and that's why he has an audience.

Ugh, I really cannot stand that show. It's just really shows off theme parks and roller coasters to "stupid people" and I can't stand it. But then again, I'm assuming there are a lot of stupid people out there who like it and that's why he has an audience.

I watched it for the first time today after seeing this post. I definitely don't despise the show like you, but your footage is definitely more fun to watch. TWISTY!!

I can agree with that. Granted, I only watched a part of one episode until I couldn't take it anymore. It seemed to be the host making an obnoxiously loud fuss about what a big deal it was to be riding, with no real content.

Sounds like a great day at the park and a great way to end the season.

I kinda like the show, just to see the parks and stuff, Bert himself can get kind of infantile but you don't have to be a genius to have fun at the parks.

A few years ago the Discovery Channel did a show on the Top 5 Wooden and Steel coasters across the country.

The Cyclone at Coney Island was being spotlighted and I got to ride all day, they even fed us lunch at Nathan's.

When the show finally aired I got to see a great shot of the back of my neck.

The only reason I recognized myself was from the shirt I was wearing that day.

I get much better facetime with TPR!!!!!!