TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

MARFleparks - Echenima Resort [RCT2]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Long time no see. I have been busy with other things of higher priority, thus leaving this on the wayside for a few months. But alas, I have found time to return to this. Just expect updates to be smaller and more spread out in the future.

Now then, let's check up on things!

First off, the Studios!

The spring showers have dampened the tourists, but regardless, the (Casting) show must go on!

Alas, park drainage still works!

Now, with the sun out, temps rising, and flowers alive, Tinseltown is as pretty as ever:

In good news, Mystique of Highland, an advanced dark-ride type coaster, has reopened after some fine-tuning. Ideally, all tech problems have been resolved:

For those curious:

Trees, is there anything they can't' cover up beautifully?

How about the casting and costuming center for the park?

Moving on over to Echenima Park, some new infrastructure has been added to the lake:

And that should do it. Yes, it's short, but at least we're back!

• 2 months later...

Minor update, mostly Studio-centric. Yes, I know I haven't been updating this park as much as I wish, but other things *cough*Valleydog*cough* have been taking up my time. At least I'm still keeping this ambitious resort (somewhat) alive

To those of you who are just taking a look at this for the first time, I'd recommend browsing past updates as well.

First off, a major dark ride has finally opened towards the back of the park in the K9 section, adjacent the North Card Yukon Adventure coaster. The name? The Grand Adventure -

The exterior is set-up like a small town, with the entrance being a theater. In fact, that's part of the premise.

Utilizing old-yet-still revolutionary traveling theater technology, this ride puts guests into a into a film - literally!

Guests enter a preshow holding area, themed to a theater lobby, where they are seen a trailer to a K9 Animation film (custom-made for the ride itself), followed by a 'Promotion' for the theater, explaining the uniqueness of it as well as safety precautions (leaving the theater is both forbidden and impossible during the 'show'). Guests then move into a large theater area, the lights dim, and guests watch the first few minutes of the film when one of the characters 'breaks the wall' and sends a cloud of smoke from the screen into the theater, sending guests into the said scene, thus beginning the large ride portion.

Guests then enter a cave, see a climatic animatronic battle, which then sends a return to the theater.

Now, this ride, is huge! How huge? Take a look at the building:

And what's inside? A lot:

And given the amount of special effects and huge capacity (at least 600 guests can experience the attraction during one run-through), this attraction is sure to be a crowd eater and pleaser.

Meanwhile, in another part of the park, the Studios has managed to find a way to beat the summer sun despite an absolute absence of water rides. A water show at the Crossroads Hub stage soaks guests twice in the afternoon From June 20th until September 15th (weather permitting). Trust us, you will get wet, so please, be smart and prepare your electronics accordingly.

And that should do it. Expect a major, more major update sometime in the future. Once again, I apologize for the inconsistency, but I have other things that have taken up the time. So, until next time...

Hasta la Zorro!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings! Time for a midsummer update!

To begin this report, let's head on over to the Studios -

First off, the remainder of the Union Station facade, close to parking shuttle drop-off, has been converted into turnstiles in order to better handle the increased crowds to the Resort's second gate.

On the other side of the park, construction has begun on a new ride. Rumors have it that this may be a water ride, filling in the apparent ride gap in the Studios. Odds are this may be officially announced during the upcoming MARFest in August.

The Yukon Adventure remains as popular than ever. Now, how do we manage to make the faux snow so convincing? Why, it's rather simple! See, we ta-ack! *gets taken away*

*returns* Where am I?

Oh, right! Pretty, no?

So far so good!

Now, moving to the other end of the Resort, to the original park: Echenima Park -

Construction has started on a new information building closer to the front of the park, making it more obvious than its current location (tucked in a corner somewhere in the park).

The Davisville Cinema has reopened after an extensive overhaul. Now showing Wonder of the Gold, 25-minute tribute to the Golden State featuring Animatronics mixed in with film and 360-degree projections, and features a new entrance lobby with skylights (believe it or not, this was much requested during the making). This attraction is presented by the California Travel and Tourism Commission and Cisco.

Pretty park, no?

Neat little show going on in Harbor cove, unfortunately costuming accidentally designed the outfits to blend in with the ground.

Speaking of Harbor Cove, there are rumors going on about expanding the land, which may result in the eventual closure of one of the area's attractions.

What you see above is the last bit of open area in the park, and obviously, destruction is needed to construct in here. Plans will be announced officially soon.

And to finish-off the rumor mill, Echo Skyport may be flying away.

But not as in being razed, rumor has it that due the section's small footprint and near-similarities in look, Skyport would be annexed onto the adjacent Futura, with Jet Cafe being removed and Futura Center be slightly modified to make a direct connection between the two park sections.

And that should do it, stay tuned for the next update which shall entail the revealing of what may be big news.

In. FREAKIN. CREDIBLE!

I'm floored, as usual, with the depth, the richness, and the overall 'pop' of your parks- and this Marfpark is simply stunning to behold. The additons are spectacular, and the plotline of the park is still beyond what anybody could ever expect.

R.D.

In. FREAKIN. CREDIBLE!

I'm floored, as usual, with the depth, the richness, and the overall 'pop' of your parks- and this Marfpark is simply stunning to behold. The additons are spectacular, and the plotline of the park is still beyond what anybody could ever expect.

R.D.

My thoughts exactly. I don't know what it is, it's just incredible.

• 3 months later...

So, next on the MARFleparks revival, the original resort! As before, thanks for the comments. It'll be great to see this back in action again.

There's lots of change going on. Why don't we start it off in the Studios?

Over in the K9 Animation Village, the rumors of a water ride were finally confirmed during the August MARFest (the Company's annual public event, hosted in the Echenima Resort). The result is Ruhe River - a rapids ride with an extensive dark ride section that culminates with a splashdown. Further details will be revealed upon its opening.

Meanwhile, much of the park has been undergoing cosmetic changes. Next door, the Bendigo Grill received a paint job replacing the blue and tan hues with red and gold. This has been met with mixed reviews with the fanbase, with some appreciating a less 'tacky' look while some complain that the original charm and feel has been lost with the 'boring' look.

In the center of the park, the Crossroads Hub has lost its ponds, which have been replaced with more trees and larger pavement. This was done in response to demand for larger viewing space for stage shows as well as more shade within the area.

Adjacent to the Crossroads, Camino Boulevard has been replaced by red paving in part of a transition the entry land into a giant 'red carpet'. There are plans to replace bits of the architecture to fit a more 'art deco' feel.

Meanwhile, in the original Echenima Park, rumors were once again confirmed; Echo Skyport will be annexed into Futura, with the Jet Cafe being drastically downsized to allow for a walkway between the two sections. The cafe has already been walled off awaiting remodeling.

Guests await to enter Pacific Northwest's newest attaction Mystic Sur, a special effects-laden stage show.

A Nova Voyager train launches in Futura amid a slow off-season weekday.

And that should do it. Expect more in the next few weeks, hopefully this will be back into full gear aswell!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again! 'tis been a month, but it's time for an update on the resort!

First off, starting with the Studios, here is an overview of Falliday's production facility which I had finally finished not too long ago. 'tis huge, no?

Meanwhile, K9 Animation's facility is just as pretty.

On the northern end of the park, this little Cul-de-sac in Tinseltown is an expected location for expansion. Plans are to include a 1920s musical revolving dinner theater as well as replacing the backstage paths with a "Kiddy land" of sorts, connecting Tinseltown with K9 Village on the northern end.

Down the street, and near the heart of the park, plans have been announced for the replacement of Hollywood Taxi - an indoor 'filler' coaster that recently closed. Plans are to replace the buildings with a representation of the classic Angel's Flight of LA, complete with a little park ontop.

In the original Echenima Park, the annexation of Echo Skyport into Futura has been complete, with the Walkway bridging the formerly-two areas into one. The result has effectively given Futura an 'open' feel.

Here's a view from the former Skyport area -

and from the main Futura area -

and that should do it for now. Expect something special to send off the old year in the next update!