TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dark Ride Layouts?

I was just curious to whether parks such as Universal Studios, Disney, and even Busch Gardens actually release the layouts of their dark rides or if any have been leaked out. When you are in the ride it is hard to figure out how you make your way around and leaves you curious of the actual path that it takes, whether it is long/short, twisty/straight, ect. If any of you know where I could find rides such as Darkastle and/or Spider-Man layouts that would be awesome! Thanks!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing you could is ride the rides a millon times so you can memorize the layout. Or you could google it and after looking through a hundrend odd pages somebody would have a blue print posted somewhere because they don't release them for whatever reason. Once I saw the California Space Mountain model in the Disney Gallery. I don't know the layouts of those particular rides, any other rides you have a layout question about?

^ I don't know what park that darkride is at, but awesome website!!!!

Anyway, I remember Disney had a printable picture of the Haunted Mansion's layout... but that was back when the Haunted Mansion movie was coming out, and they wanted everyone to be educated on the complications of the ride and its track and cars... it may still be on their website, but that's a slim chance. I do however know someone whith the ride lay out for the New Haunted Castle ride that was just built for the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk in California....

Thanks for the feedback! I was just curious because my last visit to BGW seemed like we didn't make a route in the shape of a circle. But when looking for dark ride layouts I found this detailed website of WDW's Haunted Mansion http://www.haunteddimensions.raykeim.com/index336.html and this detailed layout of the actual ride at WDW and Disneyland at the bottom of the page http://www.freewebs.com/cokoroxmania/neworleanssquare.htm

I was just curious to whether parks such as Universal Studios, Disney, and even Busch Gardens actually release the layouts of their dark rides or if any have been leaked out. When you are in the ride it is hard to figure out how you make your way around and leaves you curious of the actual path that it takes, whether it is long/short, twisty/straight, ect. If any of you know where I could find rides such as Darkastle and/or Spider-Man layouts that would be awesome! Thanks!

Well one dark ride I was kind of curious about was Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. I really love that ride. It's nearly impossible to see the little course that your on because it's so dark in there. The only time you could really see it was when the Travel Channel did their special on Animal Kingdom. When they built the ride, the building looked like a plain warehouse building with the cars going around on it's course. So really when you think of it, your in a warehouse spaced building. When they add all the theme, special effects, and movement in the car, it makes it feel like your in another world altogether or a dark secluded area with tones of space around.

I will agree it's amazing what they can do with special effects and darkness inside one big building. Thats why I love dark rides. Dinosaur has to be my favorite dark ride at the moment. I actually favor Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom, over any other dark ride that exist.

Well one dark ride I was kind of curious about was Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. I really love that ride. It's nearly impossible to see the little course that your on because it's so dark in there. The only time you could really see it was when the Travel Channel did their special on Animal Kingdom. When they built the ride, the building looked like a plain warehouse building with the cars going around on it's course. So really when you think of it, your in a warehouse spaced building. When they add all the theme, special effects, and movement in the car, it makes it feel like your in another world altogether or a dark secluded area with tones of space around.

I agee, I have seen pictures of the ride under construction and couldn't believe thats what the ride looked like before they add the theme and special effects. I believe we will see even better dark rides this decade, heck look at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, its getting great reviews, just imagine the technology with dark rides by 2020.

I agee, I have seen pictures of the ride under construction and couldn't believe thats what the ride looked like before they add the theme and special effects. I believe we will see even better dark rides this decade, heck look at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, its getting great reviews, just imagine the technology with dark rides by 2020.

I agree with you very much I305. Dark rides are the rides of the future. Sooner or later I hope every theme park does them because there is just so much with imagination that can be put in them. Outdoor coasters just don't give me the same sensation that a dark ride does because it's theme that makes the ride what it is. If you blind folded someone and knocked them out cold, and then woke them up on Dinosaur, they would swear they were in a nightmare. The ride actually feels that realistic, like you got trapped in a lost prehistoric world. The animatronics that they used for Dinosaur beat Jurassic Park River Adventure. And lets not even mention the speakers that they installed in the ride. When the asteroid shower hit, the little pop noises actually put a scare on some people because it gives you the false sense of reality that your in dangers way of being killed.

If I were Bill Gates rich, I would design rides like that, but more scarier.

Even indoor coaster/dark ride hybrids are getting awesome. Floridas mummy(the only mummy ive been on) is in my top ten because of how cool and immersive it is not only as a dark ride, but also as a coaster. Also, even rides like Thunder Mountain and Matterhorn, although they are not dark rides, are almost if not as immersive as and dark ride I have ever seen. I REALLY like the jungle cruise though, that is one of my favorite things because it feels so real becasue you are outside and all the plants are real. Had just the jungle cruise been there, no disneyland, people would believe they were in a real jungle simply because of how realistic the whole thing is. Of course, that is rather unrealistic for most parks wo cant devote large spaces to plant life, but it makes the experience that much more unique.