TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I am going to Aquatica in Orlando!

I am going to Aquatica in Orlando one day next week and I can't wait. It looks so much fun, but there's is one thing I was wondering about. More than once I saw posts and/or people talking about the fact that the water is hot. Will it still be hot next week? There is really no relief going to a water park in florida if the weather is really hot. That would suck big time! Thats is my question so far if you have any fun pictures or videos you would like to share...please do.

Edited by Erik Johnson

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This summer has been very hot in Florida and I doubt that next week will be any better. While the water will be warmer than normal, I am sure that it will still be refreshing. Make sure you get to the park before opening and head right on over to the double slide that goes through the whale pool. The line for that slide does get very long.

Edited by Erik Johnson

oh ok. that is really true. i know last time i went to a water park in florida the water was cold. so i hope its not to warm. that would really be a waist of money. that kind of made me really upset about evening going to aquatica.

The water will be warm, but not unpleasantly so. What will be unpleasantly hot, though, is the ground. So don't just throw your shoes in a locker and go tearing off.

It's a nice park. Smallish, but well laid out and very pretty.

P6246683.jpg.3a7657cfb1790490ee73f8036011cdb7.jpg

Get there early and do everything before the crowds get there. A lot of their slides get ridiculously long lines due to their nature of single tube/person/etc. at a time per slide (like the one pictured) and just poor management on Sea World's part. Why is it that if the line is too long for the slide pictured, do I have to do endless circles of the lazy river surrounding them in hopes that I *might* be able to get on the island to then stand for 30 minutes in line?

Roa's Rapids their fast "lazy river" is probably their best attraction to be honest. I think of the half day we did there, it was probably more than 50% of the time spent in/on rides. The all you can eat food is also pretty good for the money. When we went we used it more for the drinks (and brownies ) all day than just food.

It is a bit small as was said before and the rides themselves aren't all that tall or thrilling (for the most part) haven't been there to try out their newest one yet, but considering how effing hot it is down here presently, it will be a good way to waste a day.

Oh wow! They close it and open it back up? That stinks for people trying to get in. We go to the parks before they open and stay until they close, so we won't have that problem. But thanks for that piece of advice thought.

^The park closing for capacity isnt anything unique to Aquatica...it happens at most of the Orlando area water parks especially this time of year.

As far as your visit, I suggest hitting up Dolphin Plunge and Taumata Racer (mat slide) first as those lines build the fastest. As you know this time of year is good for afternoon thunderstorms so some of the best time to visit is right after the storms have passed since those people who got there early in the day tend to bounce once the storms hit.

I went last year in July, and did not find the water to be gross or too hot. My fave spot was the rapids. There isn't too much in this park, IMO, and the layout is not friendly. I think since it is new, they left room for new additions though. Hopefully the new addition (I think there was one) made up for some of that. But my reason for posting is that you asked for pictures...and that is my strong suite!

465644749_FlDay5012800x600.thumb.JPG.d2e45db1ad4c23a7449ef4ae7ce08654.JPG

signage

156448016_FlDay5022800x600.JPG.94dcab94b6a830e5b8c0236ff8537ae1.JPG

entrance

1971177574_FlDay5030800x600.JPG.8df990fa7f1469972248580c9d6b8612.JPG

line goes over a bridge...

442804801_FlDay5050800x600.JPG.1866bb9727db4cc31702e2bab30b8b21.JPG

use the lazy river to get to the entrance of this one

949096948_FlDay5109800x600.JPG.2389d7931fe49b0421e4eeef5a83b47b.JPG

submersion (spelling??) dolphins

963097673_FlDay5118800x600.JPG.3d0501be5aa4e3d5bd47c531e59ad19f.JPG

feels so far away!

1317837202_FlDay5117800x600.JPG.00c6228a33208fbd0f904f33272893fe.JPG

2009 pricing

Well, my advice would be to go to Typhoon Lagoon and/or Blizzard Beach!

If you are fortunate enough to get an afternoon thunderstorm, definitely find cover and wait it out, because the park will be essentially empty, when it's over, for the rest of the day!

We've been hitting all the water parks here in Otown the past few weeks. Like someone else said, if you get an afternoon storm, don't leave! Ride it out because it will most likely clear the place out! Aquatica will be dead come 6pm and they close at 9 this week and next. Stay and enjoy the park without waits and other people bumping into you.

If you are there all day, then I do suggest the "All you can eat" deal. They are also VERY strict on what kind of things are in coolers when you enter, so check the website and be sure to follow what they request.

• 2 weeks later...

So me and my family went to Aquatica on Wednesday the 7th I believe it was. We had the best time. It was the first nice day last week so it was warm. We started off in the little wave pool, and then we hit some water rides and then Roa Rapids!! We all loved that lazy river! We did over 10 laps in the lazy river. We rode Omaka Rocka (which we did not like), my uncle fell out of his tube and hurt his arm. I think that ride is way too rough, but all the other rides were good. Shockingly when me and my little cousin went to get on Dolphin Plunge the line was short and we only had to wait about 15 mins. I went down and was a little nervous then it got complete black and I was scared. I actually sat up so i would slow down to see a dolphin! its such a cool ride, i will do it again when and if i go back. my uncle loved walkabout water. he loved spraying people with the water guns, etc, its funny you see this big 30yr old guy at the top spraying people and kids with water lol. all in all we had a great time at aquatica and i can't wait go to back.

and ps the water wasn't hot. i was so happy about that.