TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Man robs Castles and Coasters at gunpoint

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/03/19/20100319castles-and-coasters-robbed-abrk19-ON.html

A man robbed the Castles and Coasters amusement park at gunpoint Friday afternoon and then fled, leading police to set up a perimeter around Metrocenter mall, authorities said. The man, believed to be in his late 20s, robbed the Phoenix facility of an undetermined amount of money and then made off west across the street to hide out in the mall, which is off Interstate 17 and Peoria Avenue, said Sgt. Trent Crump, a Phoenix police spokesman.

No one was harmed during the robbery, Crump said.

Police surrounded the mall and questioned witnesses who could have seen the man. But he was nowhere to be found. The mall was not shut down.

Officers on scene viewed surveillance cameras but could not tell for sure which way the man fled. Witnesses told police they saw him run into the mall.

The man is believed to be a 6-foot-1 Hispanic wearing a black beanie, white T-shirt and jeans.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, that's too bad. It's low-lives like these that give all LEGAL Mexicans a bad name, those who work hard for a better life and strive to be model citizens. I do hope they catch the perpetrator.

Yes, but it annoys me half to death when some of them think they own the park!

I'm fine with the nice and hard working ones.

Anyway, I know Castles N' Coaster is in a bad area. I'm not too surprised.