TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

140x140 map, six areas themed to European cities trying to avoid cliches, six coasters, 80% done.

Knossos (outdated screen!)

Bologna

York

York

København

Hope you like it.

Edited by Liampie

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Themeparkman25: Thanks! Re-read the first post. The areas aren't countries. Four cities are in the screens, two remain secret. Why do you think Bologna is a nice name for a coaster? Do you have any idea what it means?

@The others: Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Due to the object limit I cannot execute all the ideas I had in my mind as good as I wanted. I even had to scrap some ideas... I wanted to move some stuff to a second map, but after only one day I realised it was bullshit to start a second map when the first one is almost finished. A complete waste of time. Fuck the parking. The project is still 140x140 and will always be 140x140.

Knossos - 95%

Bologna - 90%

York - 97%

København - 80%

Fifth area - 99%

Sixth area - 65%

-----------------------

Overall progress: 95%

Probably the last screen of Knossos before the release. Comments appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Liampie, I just love yours RCT2 projects : they are wonderful and amazing at the same time. I'm very glad to see that you finally finished this project. I think you'll be able to get a great score at NE if you have decided to post it there!

Anyway, a download link would be very appreciated!

I'm looking forward your next project of course!

Congrats Liampie! I'm loving your park, it's very beautiful. By the way, thanks for the "read me" text. I totally agree with you : if you want to see the real Paris, you have to walk on the old streets (near Montmartre) ... Not being at the top of the Eiffel Tower for example. Yours buildings are amazing and so realistics. Well, ... I'm in love with this project.

I'm now looking forward your next project now, ... And I hope I won't be upset!

Edit : Oh, by the way, if you would like to recreate another park like this one, I think you could choose some small town. I don't mean that the fact that you made your work all around old big cities isn't amazing, but I mean you could recreate a small town with such amazing details if you wanted to.

Once again, good work!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I am late to the replies but thank you all!

I've got bonus material...

Stuff that didn't make it into the final version.

Knossos V1 -The original Ikaros design has been re-released!

Click here to see it

Antwerpen V1 - Before I decided to add the sixth area (Lübeck), Antwerpen was supposed to be very different to what it is now. Besides groundcolouring there wasn't much there yet.

De Pralinefabriek, now an indoor rapid, used to be a Mack Spinning Coaster. This was made during 'The Great Inspiration Drought', a two-month period of not touching the game because every attempt at making something nice (in any park) failed. The ideas were already there, but the exection lacked. The final transport belt is much better...

Random Antwerpen facades before I did any research. Just trying stuff.

Antwerpen V2 - This is the final version, although the facades kept changing all the time.

First tests.

More inspiration drought. The restaurant moved to the other side of the area to make room for the RC boats.

One of many attempts at making a nice looking domed building. The windows/roofs etc were pretty random, I focused on the dome. Conclusion: Making a detailed dome at this scale is fucking hard.

Lasithi-area - This Knossos-subtheme was much harder to do than it looks. It used to be void, not close to any city or ride. I didn't know what to do with it... Most attempts failed. In three stages it became an acceptable area, in fact I actually really like it now.

Conclusion: If things don't work out, just move on and try again every now and then. This small/simple area took me months to get right...

Tivoli V1 - Tivoli was the last area I completed, although I started it quite early.

This is from the same period as Antwerpen V1. This was my first attempt at the Rutschebanen...

Tivoli V2 - This is the second version. The city-area of København was already in place this time.

I think this layout is actually quite nice. I deleted it because I had no idea how to theme it well. Actually I had an idea, but I didn't have the patience...

In the real Tivoli Gardens, there is a narrow street full of games and small shops behind Rutschebanen. I loved the street and I wanted to include it in my park. Due to another layout I had to sacrifice this idea... Some of the games stayed though, in another setting.

Same layout, another theming attempt. I didn't continue this because it would take too many object slots.

Anything else - From Lübeck, København and York.

Never intended to be final.

Never intended to be final. (the building)

Got deleted pretty recently for object slots.

Fail.

This was intended to be final, but I knew I could do better.

Enjoy the crap, and steal anything if you like.

Your attention to every detail is astounding, and your willingness to go back and re-work a "FINISHED" area is something that most in the RCT community fail miserably at. Most people here and NE seem to have this attitude that once something is done it is DONE!, and you have provided here a group of pictures that I hope will inspire everyone with the "it's done" mindset that things in RCT can always be better and should never really be done.

Once again congrats on your Spotlight at NE and am looking forward to seeing Knossos V1 when I get home tonight!