TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Jason and Kelly Go to Busch Gardens Christmas Town...

Who seriously puts penguins in a small aquarium for fish?

In all fairness, that was a bit of sarcasm on my part. The enclosure did very much resemble a pet store fish tank (Kelly came up with that observation, actually), but I'm sure it was technologically ventillated, chilled, etc., to give the penguins whatever climate they needed to survive, and I'm also sure (or at least I hope) that enclosure was for display purposes only. I can't imagine they make the birds live there 24/7.

Thanks to everyone, by the way, for all the congratulations on our engagement. We're very happy and currently in the process of tentatively planning the wedding at a local wild west theme park (hey, we're nothing if not fun).

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the engagement!

I completely understand your complaints. I was also there on opening night and I did end up having a great time, but I also saw where they needed improvements before the event can turn into a success.

I thought they were opening at 4 too until I checked the website Thursday night. That must have been a last minute change sometime early last week.

Congratulations on your engagement!

I laughed out loud at your presentation of your penguin experience.

I started to go opening night and I just wasn't up for it. Now I'm not sure I'll go at all this year. This is not the only report I've heard about the general disorganization and poor crowd control in the Festhaus. Stuff like that ruins an evening for me, so I may just avoid it this year and hope they get it straightened out for next year.

Yah, and the smelling of your pudding? I think that's totally weird.

Nice TR and congratulations. Sorry to hear your encounters though.

At least Griffon was open. Though I couldn't stand seeing coasters closed like that. I also don't see why Alpengiest wasn't open since it already has the winter theme going.

I was wondering about that too. It would make more sense to have a winter themed ride open. But I guess Busch Gardens have their reasons.

• 4 weeks later...

^I've been twice, once with a friend and the other with my parents and a niece, and really enjoyed myself. I agree that the penguin exhibit was pretty weak (only waited five minutes for it the first time, didn't bother to fight the line the second time), but the holiday food offerings have been very good, and my parents liked the shows and decorations a lot.

So far, Christmas Town seems to be a hit, so I think BGW will build on this for the future.

Busch Gardens sent notifications out today via Facebook that the park was at capacity and they were turning people away.

It is safe to say they will be doing this again next year

from facebook earlier:

Due to the popularity of Busch Gardens today, the park has reached capacity, requiring the park to temporarily close. We encourage you to check back with us in a few hours to see if there is a change in status by calling (800) 343-7946 or visiting www.BuschGardens.com/VA. Please understand we will re-open the park as soon as conditions allow.

Busch Gardens sent notifications out today via Facebook that the park was at capacity and they were turning people away.

I have heard of this in the past during summer hours also. I really wish all the parks would initiate some kind of policy like this. I know it would suck for the people traveling long distances to go there, but in the end the park experience might be a lot better as it would cut down on crowds and wait times. CP comes to mind in this category as almost all major rides on summer days have outlandish wait times that exceed 1 hour. With kids and the like, this can lead to a very long day of whining and moaning about all the standing around and such.

I have heard of this in the past during summer hours also. I really wish all the parks would initiate some kind of policy like this. I know it would suck for the people traveling long distances to go there, but in the end the park experience might be a lot better as it would cut down on crowds and wait times. CP comes to mind in this category as almost all major rides on summer days have outlandish wait times that exceed 1 hour. With kids and the like, this can lead to a very long day of whining and moaning about all the standing around and such.