TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

X-cite International HO scale Amusement Park

Well hello everyone. It's been a while since I have posted on TPR. I decided to go ahead and post a project that I am working on here.

I invite you to join me on my journey to construct an HO scale model amusement park. I will be posting updates here, and on my website; which can be found here: LINK REMOVED.

As of right now, I am holding off on landscaping until mid September as I am moving into my new apartment September 15th.

My plans for this park are big. I intend on treating the updates as if i were following a real theme park. Now, I do already own 9 rides/roller coasters with the addition of an attraction coming next. Some of the rides are given away on my site, but the rest will be kept secret until construction starts. I'd like to think I will be doing press releases for the new rides and attractions as they are released and follow the construction of them as well.

Now, because this is a model and a lot of construction is involved, I imagine there will be plenty of updates to keep those of you interested well satisfied in between updates.

Now, without further rambling, feel free to check out the website. And feel free to be in touch with me if you have any questions. I will let you guys know of any progress!

Cyrus

MOD EDIT: Per the TPR Terms of Service and Posting Rules, links to your own website are not permitted until an adequate amount of posts.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will absolutely post pictures. As of right now, I've got four roller coasters, and three other rides... and trust me, there are more coming. This is a big project and will constantly be updated with all sorts of little things. There is currently no construction on rides or attractions. Everything will really start on Sept 20th when the land construction begins!

Cyrus

• 3 weeks later...

Alright. It has been a while now, and I've got some new information as well as releases. The park now has a youtube channel which i hope to update regularly. The youtube account can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/xsiteinternational

Also, The table is not constructed and ready to be landscaped! A press release will be made for the parks introductory rides very soon!

Please, add me as your friend on youtube and subscribe. I will return the favor of a subscription to your channel!

Keep an eye out for new things coming!

MOD EDIT: Per the TPR Terms of Service and Posting Rules, links to your own website are not permitted until an adequate amount of posts.

Cyrus

Well, Guys, I have got a big big update for you all today. The reason I haven't posted anything is because....

hm...

well,

I really have no reason.

HOWEVER, in my absence There has been quite a bit of work.

starting with the park layout itself...

The paths are completed for the first areas of the park!

Some cars have showed up in the parking lot as well...

Thanks for looking.

Check back soon

Well, with the final update for now... until the next to ride... which I can announce... but will do so after this update..

Welcome in!!

Ferris Wheel area

Picnic by the Ferris Wheel!

Bumper cars are always fun!

Overview of some of the park so far. Looks alright in my opinion. Better than I was actually hoping! There is definitely room for more, and the next ride will be cool too!

Here is the announcement for the new Ride!!

The pressure is building to build something explosive...

Introducing X-Cite Park's newest attraction, Volcano!

Free Fall in and out of an active volcano!!

Yes, there will be a free fall ride, and it will be built into a Volcano!!

Stay Tuned!!

Cyrus

UPDATE:

Currently I am having severe difficulties getting the free fall carriage onto the tower, So the ride will be delayed.

HOWEVER, I do have a great ride that will be put in instead.

King Tut: The Curse.

I will be posting full construction on this ride as soon as I can figure out how to resize the pictures!

-Cyrus

Looking good, the parking lot looks like it could use some better lines put down. You should try using a stencil (pattern) for such things. Keeps the area looking much nicer. Are you going to have any custom rides?

I have 6 packing boxes full of rides like these in my closet. Some really old and out of production like the Tea Cups. I have everything from Faller that they have ever made (rides/stalls). Bought monorails and animals also, was thinking of going the Bush Gardens route with my park.

< my park>

The wrong thing to say, I have never had the room to build what your are building. That's why they are all in boxes. Sometimes I don't think I will ever to the point in my life when I will be able to use them. Really sucks. Oh well somewhere down the road if I still can't do anything with them they will be great eBay items.

I wish you luck with your park and look forward to seeing more.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I have an update!

Sorry it took so long!

Here are two NEW links that will help everyone follow the project in a more organized fashion! lol

&

Check 'em out and enjoy....

I do ask that if you visit them, add them if you can because I'd like to keep track of who has visited! Thanks!

Cyrus

MOD EDIT: Links removed.

OK Guys, Picking up where we left off!

The Final Wilde Maus Construction pictures.

Including:

-Fencing

-Line

-Ticket & Photo booths

Enjoy!

-As you can see here, The Fence went up pretty fast! I delayed the entire front construction until just recently as I wanted to be sure all the rides were running and clean looking, not to mention completed, by opening!

-Here you can see the Line and front buildings for the coaster are shaping up nicely! These fences are not too easy to work with, so I am proud of myself for having patience with them! lol

-And the final staircase has been assembled and dropped into place.

-Can't forget the cars!

-Wheel Assembly

-Testing has already began

-Now, train 3 is having some problems making it through, as of now, there will only be a two car operation on this particular coaster.

Hope you enjoyed the update!

-Cyrus

I've merged your new thread into the old thread, and unlocked it.

Unless content is provided in your updates, I WILL lock this again. Continual posts of asking people to got to personal links, is unacceptable and against TPR's Terms of Service and Posting Rules.

In the future, DO NOT start a new thread until you've heard back from me in a PM. It's a fast way to get yourself thrown to the Bantron.

Ok, thanks for unlocking.

Quick update that is already under way!

The new layout will look like this!

-OPENING DATE speculations are set to be January 2nd 2010! let's hope this can all be pulled together as I'd like to have it ready to be put on display at the Great Train Expo in Indianapolis at the Fairgrounds the 2nd and 3rd!

This is the new layout. All the grass, mountains, and plaster cloth have been removed already!

Cyrus

How much did the mouse coaster cost? I build models myself, but they are static and built from scratch, so I am curious to see more of the construction of yours and the cost as well.

One question though- how do the trains get up the lift hill? Like what does the drive mechanism look like?

You have done great so far, so keep up the good work.

Hey guys! thanks for the feedback.

First, This is the 20th anniversary edition of the model, so it came in the colors.

Second;

The lift. There is a motor that turns the chain. the chain is very small, it looks similar to the chains you'd find on dog tags(guys necklaces). the chain is magnetized. There is a small magnet on the bottom of each car that makes contact with the chain. at the top, there is a bar that forces the magnets to break apart and lets the train free.

They can cost anywhere from 175 to 300 depending where you find them! If you find one, make sure its the new version(20th anniversary) so you get one that will work.

Flipdude, i agree!!! I so wish that these could be custom built!! the way it is built now though actually allows it to reach a PERFECT slow speed going through the station back around to the lift!

• 4 weeks later...

ey guys. I've got a nice little update for you! There was a train show here over the weekend... so naturally... had to go! lol. Found some AMAZING deals... blew all my money. haha

For this update, please keep in mind... X-Cite International is in the planning and landscaping faze. The ground area will not look like this in the end. Also, where painting is needed, I will be painting soon.

Welcome to the park! this is X-Site's main entrance. This is Plaza Ln, the park's entry/shopping area; not to mention food!

The right side:

Left Side:

Some shops and Bumper Cars:

Next to the Concession booths is the Top Spin!

Moving on, The park's Arcade:

More toward the back, We will have the Ferris Wheel, Go Kartz, Mini Golf, and Comet:

The Park's current signature coaster is the Wild Mouse:

Tiki Falls will operate only during warmer months, but the ride will look plenty impressive year round:

There will be more soon. Suggestions welcome as I have not yet broken ground on any of the scenery or pathways yet. I'd actually love some ideas =]