TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What franchise should Six Flags tackle next?

^^ Don't overlook the fact that Six Flags already owns a hotel. The Great Escape Indoor Water Park Lodge. I believe a similar property was planned for New Jersey as well but was put off when Shapiro took over.

Also, I would argue that Shapiro HAS cleaned the parks up a hell of a lot.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be cool if more coaster's get the X2 makeover in the next years, stop spending money on new coasters and start preserving older ones into cool themed rides that give peeps a reason to go back to them, or take them down and make space for newer ones. I say turn the Batman ride at SFMM into a Dark Knight themed ride of sorts and or Riddler's coaster into a re themed one as well themed to the Dark Knight sequel cause Riddler's rumored to be in it.

They should do "Johnny Rockets: The Ride". A flywheel launch coaster with 50's era style race cars for the coaster train. Place it near any of the current in-park restaraunts, and viola, instant themed mini-section.

NASCAR has yet to be added successfully to a theme park so far. If it was a mini-land, that would be huge in certain parts of the country. Something along the lines of what's in Vegas.

Star Trek is still up for grabs isn't it? Probably expensive, but maybe they could strike a deal on the remains of what was at the Hilton in Vegas.

In terms of hotels, everyone of the SF parks should have them. However, I don't think SF should pay for them out of pocket. If they got another chain, ideally like the Great Wolf Lodge, or even Nickelodeon hotels to build on/near their property, that potentially could be a good move.

i say build a wodden coaster, theme it to smurfs, fire blue paintballs at the train not hitting any riders of'course, and theme the train to gargamels cat (whos name evaids me at the moment)!

what color does a smurf turn when you choke it?

"Johnny Rockets: The Ride". A flywheel launch coaster with 50's era style race cars for the coaster train

"Johnny Rockets: The Ride". A hydraulic launch coaster with 50's era style race cars for the coaster train

Sound familar??? I'm pretty sure this idea's been done, and not to far away from a Johnny Rockets at that

And Silver Bullet was built well after Batman.

It doesn't really matter if a park has similar attractions to the competition, in this case Knott's to SFMM, and vice versa, as long as it's solid ride that enhances the park.

I would be interested in seeing themed rides that are themed to Six Flag's own creativity. Like dark rides such as Monster Plantation, where it was not based on any franchise but still really creative and charming. Regardless though, theming from their own creativity or from a franchise works for me.

Maybe they could hire Cedar Fairs creative geniuses.

Aqua Teen.

Aqua Teen Aquatrax!!

Ron "somebody had to do it" Patton

Anything Nintendo is what I would like to see next. They already have Wii Experience stations all over the chain. A Nintendo themed ride like Mario or Zelda would be very entertaining and cool to pull off on a ride.

I do think they should do more hotels because that should be easy money to them. You know people are coming, and they want to stay near the park. I don't really think it needs to be as grand as a Disney hotel though, or the one they built already by Great Escape. A Breaker's Express like in Cedar Point would be what I'm thinking, and give those guests perks to the park.

I do think Nintendo with Mario & other characters, and Zelda would be a great idea as someone said already.

The parks have nothing themed Wonder Woman, and I think she's a famous character in which they should have something themed. They have Scooby-Doo dark rides at some parks, but I think they need more dark rides like Scooby-Doo at St. Louis.

I think they need more Superman rides. Think about it. There is a Mr. Freeze ride, Batman, Dark Knight, was Posion Ivy - now Catwoman, was a Robin ride, was Two-Face, Penguin, and the Joker rides for Six Flags for the Batman theme rides. However, for Superman rides, there are just Superman, and now Bizzaro themed rides. Where's Lex Luthor, Doomsday, Supergirl, Lois Lane, or Brainiac rides?

I personally would like the Flinstones, but I don't think they are relevant today.

I think getting a franchinse and not using it to their ability is a waste. An example is Wiggle's World. Where's the big ride for the kids that like Wiggle's World? It just small flats themed in which some of them are copies of the other toddler rides in the park already. Maybe, the car ride is the best different ride out of all of them, but yet where's the Wiggle's characters around the track? I don't think there is much of anything around the track.

The Thomas Town area at Magic Mountain is a train, and a rethemed coaster. Where is the dark ride of Thomas the train? It's nice taking a train ride, but what about experiencing a story based on what Thomas goes through by using a dark ride.

I don't care for preshows, and I'm sure some people especially at Great America besides me get bored of them. Preshows in my opinion are not the answer to theming a ride. I think it's okay at Disney because most of those people are on vacation, and some of them don't go yearly to the park.

Picking something for theming, you need something that's timeless. I think Hot Wheels is a great option to explore along with Barbie for girls. I would love a Hot Wheels Flying Bobs type of ride, but not the Bertazzon one (Chance please). I think movies are more timeless than television though. A movie is 2 hours, and you are done watching it. Take the Three's Company, and today's generation might not care for something like that whereas you say Armageddon and someone can just watch the movie in 2 hours, and be done with it. For Three's Company, it might not be on tv, and they have to buy the dvd. They don't want to buy it if they never watched, and they forget about it.

They can use Snow White, Cinderella, Alice and Wonderland, and such character as long as they deviate a little from Disney. Disney changed them a little bit, and took them from Grim's books. So, why not use them? I would if I were Six Flags.

Where's Lex Luthor, Doomsday, Supergirl, Lois Lane, or Brainiac rides?

Lois Lane: The Ride?...

I think getting a franchinse and not using it to their ability is a waste. An example is Wiggle's World. Where's the big ride for the kids that like Wiggle's World? It just small flats themed in which some of them are copies of the other toddler rides in the park already. Maybe, the car ride is the best different ride out of all of them, but yet where's the Wiggle's characters around the track? I don't think there is much of anything around the track.

It's kinda like how MK has Dumbo, Aladdin, and Astro Orbiter. Essentially the same ride, but it looks different.

Normally kids that watch the Wiggles are too intimidated by "big" rides to ride them. Many amusement/theme parks and carnivals have copies of smaller flats (even BGW) so having different themed clones of the same ride in a park would be the last of my worries. On top of that, SF doesn't theme their rides as well as some other chains do. Sure they've gotten better, but I wouldn't expect SF to theme all their kiddie rides anytime soon.

Where is the dark ride of Thomas the train?

Was a Thomas themed dark ride promised? Maybe they decided not to build one.

I don't care for preshows, and I'm sure some people especially at Great America besides me get bored of them. Preshows in my opinion are not the answer to theming a ride. I think it's okay at Disney because most of those people are on vacation, and some of them don't go yearly to the park.

What?

First you don't care for preshows, then you say that preshows are OK with Disney? I'm pretty sure tons of locals like to visit DL/WDW and tourists like to visit SFGAm. Just because SF parks are regional doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a storyline around the ride. Busch parks utilize preshows in their rides and nobody complains about them...

Picking something for theming, you need something that's timeless.

Not really... All you need is a story and some theming. I wouldn't consider Twister or Jimmy Neutron to be timeless, but there are rides themed to both.

I think movies are more timeless than television though.

Depends on the show really... Scooby Doo, Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, and Tom and Jerry are all considered timeless.

They can use Snow White, Cinderella, Alice and Wonderland, and such character as long as they deviate a little from Disney. Disney changed them a little bit, and took them from Grim's books. So, why not use them? I would if I were Six Flags.

Depends... As long as they don't use the Disney characters, I don't think Disney will have a problem with it.

Picking something for theming, you need something that's timeless. I think Hot Wheels is a great option to explore along with Barbie for girls.

Now, that's a great idea. What about a toy-themed area in the park? Hey, it works for Toy Story rides at the Disney parks. Hot Wheels coaster, Barbie restaurant/boutique and a flat ride, maybe a Jack-in-the-Box family drop tower, NERF bumper cars (!), ect. I realize these are different companies, but each toy company has their own version of all these things.

Picking something for theming, you need something that's timeless. I think Hot Wheels is a great option to explore along with Barbie for girls.

Now, that's a great idea. What about a toy-themed area in the park? Hey, it works for Toy Story rides at the Disney parks. Hot Wheels coaster, Barbie restaurant/boutique and a flat ride, maybe a Jack-in-the-Box family drop tower, NERF bumper cars (!), ect. I realize these are different companies, but each toy company has their own version of all these things.

If I ever become rich, you sir have a spot on my design team of a theme park.

Which begs the question of how has there not been a Hot Wheels coaster? You drop straight of the station into a loop, go into a giant turn around and then do as you please. Paint the thing orange, make the supports look like hot wheel track supports and design the coaster to look like Twin Mill.