TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Behemoth Bash!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great photos, Dan. It was really nice to meet you .. although I didn't know you got sick on Behemoth. I must admit that I had to take a break on the night ERT, hence there would have been more than one "food escape"!

I took the break the same time as you did, but I went back a few extra times. Those did me in, mostly due to the factor of hunger. (The cajun fries were the only things I ate in 8 hours...) Let's just say I figured, "What the hell, let's have a marathon..." and hell had the last say!

It was kind of funny trying to look for a garbage bin that the custodians hadn't emptied yet... just because I was about to lose my lunch didn't mean I had to lose my courtesy.

I think I tossed right after the last lap when everyone was gathering in the plaza, but it was closer to Stunt Coaster. I remember feeling surprisingly better immediately after. That's when I took probably that ONE picture of you at the end.

I'm glad to hear that I wasn't the only one that had to stop eventually on the night ERT! After doing 4 laps on Vortex, and another 6-7 on Behemoth I had to call it quits. My stomach just couldn't handle it anymore.

I had never done an event so intense (or unbelievably fun!) coaster-wise as Behemoth Bash; wasn't used to the seemingly endless ERT, I'm afraid. I recall seeing you twice throughout the day... once just after lunch, and the other I think was when you said the "coffee" line from Revenge of the Mummy on the Behemoth brake run!

It was nice to meet you Dan!

We should've stayed with you during the Waterpark takeover!

We never found Robb and you guys!

And I felt pretty bad about that! As soon as I found Robb & Co. I tried finding you two the rest of the time as we went around... no luck, obviously. Only way I managed to find 'em was Hanno directing me over to the slide they'd gone to a minute before.

Hearing you guys talk might have been one of the funniest experiences of the day, simply because I've never heard anyone younger than me (let alone by 4 years) have that much coaster knowledge! Here's hoping I'll see you on a TPR trip in the near future!

Speaking of future... thanks, Paul.

As for the rest of you, thank you immensely once again!

^ Don't feel bad!

We ment up with a family of TPRerers

(Sorry guys, I forget your names >.<)

Hope to get on some future trips hopefully in a year or two when money won't be so much a problem.

But for now I'm gonna have to deal with my $45 paycheck every month.

Newspapers are my mortal enemy!

I had never done an event so intense (or unbelievably fun!) coaster-wise as Behemoth Bash; wasn't used to the seemingly endless ERT, I'm afraid. !

I was feeling it pretty good by the end of the day as well. When your body is exhausted, the forces will feel that much more intense. I had a wicked cramping feeling going on at the bottom of drops, etc.

But I stuck it out to the end. I'm not one to pass on empty seats during ERT.

^^There was the expected sea of people attending the waterpark, but I think the most we waited for any slide (giant raft dipper) was 10, max 15 minutes. The enclosed slide (Black Hole?) was pretty much a walk-on; that and Barracuda Blaster totally ruled!

I, too, ducked out of nighttime ERT a bit early... it got to the point where I was on the coaster trying not to fall asleep.

So I quietly said goodbye to Robb and then just walked the long, scenic way through the dark, empty park before going home and promptly falling asleep.

Good times!

I thought it was extremely smooth, considering most of my previous B&M credits actually beat me up! Those clamshell lap bars combined with the open seats were surprisingly comfortable. (Then again, compared to Minebuster, Behemoth would be smooth as Santana!)

I thought it was crazy smooth, but I heard from a couple of people that it was smoother on opening day.

It's just as smooth now as it was opening day.

Although there is more of a "rattle" now, but I think that's just the fiberglass frames rattling. Not the ride itself.

I thought it was crazy smooth, but I heard from a couple of people that it was smoother on opening day. I'm pretty sure that's ACEr code for "I was there on opening day and you weren't."

If those ACErs are bragging about being there opening day on the 4th of may?

That's not something to brag about considering I was on the ride on the 26th of April at a bank day.

15 minute line!

I haven't found it to get any less smooth,

the orange train however has always had a little bit of the case of the B&M rattle.

I thought it was crazy smooth, but I heard from a couple of people that it was smoother on opening day. I'm pretty sure that's ACEr code for "I was there on opening day and you weren't."

I'm pretty sure that was Andrew and I you heard talking about that. It wasn't at all meant to be "I was there at opening, and you weren't". It was the honest truth.

It's exactly how Paul put it. The ride is just as "smooth" now, but it's developing a rattle. I remember quite a few people commenting on the rattle, so I know I'm not the only person that caught it.

Totally not at all meant to be "I was there at opening, and you weren't". Just as Shawn and Paul have said, its more of a rattle than rougher. Over the night I did notice the rattle varied from train to train.

- Andrew "I may have the nickname Fat A$$, but I'm no where near the size of an ACEr " Janes