TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Walibi Belgium

The day before, we got into Paris, rented a car, and drove to a hotel about a block from the park.

The next morning we were at the park for opening, and headed straight to...the SLC. We needed the credit and figured the line was going to get long, so better now than wait an hour for a stupid SLC. Oddly enough, this turned out to be the best SLC of the trip. That's not exactly saying too much, but this one definitely had the least amount of head bashing. It's still an SLC though, so...

After that it was off to what would temporarily become my #1 woodie: Loop Garou. Who would have guessed Vekoma could make good wooden coasters? The ride shuffles a bit, but it's fun, carries speed throughout the ride, has some forces, and the last two drops on the ride offer SICK airtime. We ended up riding this a couple times during the day.

Then it was off to Turbine, a Swartzkoph fly-wheel shuttle looper. I like this one more than Monte because it is enclosed. It really does seem faster and makes the loop more disorienting when enclosed! We rode this twice during the day.

We explored the back side of the park, stumbling upon their awesome 2nd generation Intamin drop tower called "Dalton Terror." Not only did the queue have the coolest music (a western remix of "fight for your right (to party)", this drop tower seemed like it waited till the last possible second to hit the brakes. Typical intamin drop tower airtime down till almost the very bottom.

Then it was off to what I thought was the coolest ride in the park: 'Challenge of Tutankhamon.' This is the new generation of Sally dark rides, with the trackless ride system. I really wish more parks would get a ride like this, because the themeing was awesome (it had real fire and three different endings!) and shoot-em-up rides are always fun. We ended up riding twice and saw two of the endings.

They also had a Vekoma mine train (which I completely forgot about when I initially wrote this!). I wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. Just an average mine train with two lifts.

The last credit in the park was a boomerang. What can you say about a boomerang? I held my head foward the whole time, and only got nailed in the chin once...but it's still a boomerang.

Some other things we did were ride the log flume, which was pretty cool except for the disgusting water (lots of the water rides in Europe didn't exactly have the highest quality water...)! It was one of the ones with a turntable that sends the log down a drop and some of the flume backwards. Pretty fun.

They also had a teacups ride that felt more like a whip. We (Robb and I) couldn't spin the damn thing at all it was so tight, but it kept whipping us around!

The last thing I remember is psycho bumper cars. These were fast, there were no rules, and the cycle must have been like 7-10 minutes! The best part was that the operator hopped into a car and was joining in on the fun too! Lots of head on collisions and what not happened, and it was awesome!

That's about it...

1 down, like 21 more to go.

-Joey

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! I'm looking forward to these Joey! Believe it or not, I had almost forgotten about those psycho bumper cars!

Wow, Walibi Belgium seems soooo long ago!

Elissa "need more Sally Dark Rides!" Alvey

nice TR. Looking forward to the others.

For me, it was very cool to shortly meet you guys in WB. It didn't seem appropriate to me at that time to join you for the rest of the day. But after reading Robb's tr's , I felt really sad i didn't stay with you the rest of the day (and also 2 days later in WW). Hopefully you will visit belgium again in the next years and you can count on it that i will guide you around in the belgium themeparks.

In the meanwhile i know how bumpercars in the usa look like but believe me, in europe every bumpercarride looks like the one in WB (most of the bumpercars are even going faster than the ones in WB)

-benny"like Robb's new avatar very much"huygen

Hey Benny! Wish we could have chatted some more. If you ever see us in a park again (which it could happen!) please be sure to say hello and hang out with us!

BTW, please be sure to read Joey's TR's, they are really great and capture yet another angle of our Europe trip!

--Robb "Keep them coming Jew!" Alvey

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw a video of Challenge of Tutankhamon and all I have to say is "You lucky jew!" It looks awsome! I like the effect where the woman gets turned into a skeleton. I also like Anubis,but I wished Sally Corp. had him as a full jackal,not a person with the head of one.(I've seen pictures of Anubis as a full jackal!) What two endings did you get? Did you get cursed one time and get the good ending by defeating Set and finding the treasure? Oh yeah,the site that I found the video of it is www.pktk.org

Their site also has a video of Sally Corps. other really good shooting dark ride,Labyrinth of the Minotaur. It looks really good,it's trackless just like COT and has more than one ending like COT.